Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 12:32 PM

121 posts, read 133,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirate05 View Post
I helped my grandfather and his friends/neighbors bale/haul hay (before the fancy round bales came out) every summer starting when I was 12.

I'd love to see the whiner in the article do anything remotely like that.
This. Ah, the joys of of chucking hay in a Deep South summer. The best days were when the bales weren't full of fire ants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 12:33 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Apparently sturmgeist thinks warehousing jobs are the hardest in the world.
Walking around carrying less than 50 lbs. is harder than flipping burgers near a hot grill or digging trenches in 100 degree weather.

A n00b assessment worthy of being a Mother Jones "journalist"

Old 06-27-2012, 12:33 PM

744 posts, read 811,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Exaggeration to say the least on wage inflation. It was nothing, even back then.

I dropped from 180 to 150 pounds even though I ate big macs and quarter pounders during every breaktime.
Just goes to show how lazy you must have been before to lose so much weight and think you are some sort of tough guy. I am tougher than you and I work harder than you because I'm a real man and I don't need to abuse anyone to feel like a man unlike you

Last edited by sturmgeist; 06-27-2012 at 12:44 PM..

Old 06-27-2012, 12:34 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
What we have here is the left has found another victim to support in the po widdle warehouse worker. Cry me a river.

Old 06-27-2012, 12:35 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmgeist View Post
Just goes to show how lazy you must have been before to lose so much weight and think you are some sort of tough guy. I am tougher than you and I work harder than you because I'm a real mad and I don't need to abuse anyone to feel like a man unlike you
You don't say? You do sound real mad!

Old 06-27-2012, 12:36 PM

226 posts, read 213,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormalCarpetRide View Post
This. Ah, the joys of of chucking hay in a Deep South summer. The best days were when the bales weren't full of fire ants.

Yep. Couldnt wear shorts because of all the dust/etc. It's only about 100 degrees outside. You walk beside the tractor for a few hours throwing 20-50lb bales up on the trailer while your friend/co-worker stacks them. Get to ride maybe 15 mins to the barn, unload and then re-stack in a dusty, hot barn with no ventilation. Repeat for 12hrs.

And if it rained the night before those hay bales suddenly weigh 60lbs or more, and the rope breaks.

Old 06-27-2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD
Oh please, picking and packing in a warehouse is some of the easiest jobs out there. The OP is a huge exaggeration. The person doing the complaining is/was a lazy POS that just did NOT want to work, I think that much is totally obvious.
BS, making people work faster than humanly possible and keeping them in constant fear of being fired and replaced is not only physical but mental torture. You can run a profitable business while treating your workers with respect and showing a bit of loyalty rather than running a scummy sweatshop with a highly hostile and stressful environment.

Hire and fire businesses are scum, they are just horrible people and hire through temp agencies and fire people constantly so they do not have to pay benefits because it might mean no 200 ft yacht for their daughters 16th birthday. They should break up these companies,jail the owners and make the employees each a shareholder.

Old 06-27-2012, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirate05 View Post
Yep. Couldnt wear shorts because of all the dust/etc. It's only about 100 degrees outside. You walk beside the tractor for a few hours throwing 20-50lb bales up on the trailer while your friend/co-worker stacks them. Get to ride maybe 15 mins to the barn, unload and then re-stack in a dusty, hot barn with no ventilation. Repeat for 12hrs.

And if it rained the night before those hay bales suddenly weigh 60lbs or more, and the rope breaks.
Hell you think that is hard work?? Go get a job in a warehouse. Now that is hard work. At least according to some around here. lol

Old 06-27-2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmgeist View Post
BS, making people work faster than humanly possible and keeping them in constant fear of being fired and replaced is not only physical but mental torture. You can run a profitable business while treating your workers with respect and showing a bit of loyalty rather than running a scummy sweatshop with a highly hostile and stressful environment.

Hire and fire businesses are scum, they are just horrible people and hire through temp agencies and fire people constantly so they do not have to pay benefits because it might mean no 200 ft yacht for their daughters 16th birthday. They should break up these companies,jail the owners and make the employees each a shareholder.
Are work and quit employees scum too? That is after all what these type of jobs are. You work there and when you want to leave you just quit and go. They both know the game. When you hire employees from temp agencies they are temp employees and the company doing the hiring knows they will leave when they choose with no notice. Why is this so difficult for the left handed mind to understand??

Old 06-27-2012, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Apparently sturmgeist thinks warehousing jobs are the hardest in the world.
It is not the job but the hostile work environment.

I have worked harder in my 23 years on earth than you will work in your whole life. I am a beast and you would not last an hour with me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies