Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 11:39 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,953,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Let’s take a moment off from baseless speculation over tomorrow’s decision on ObamaCare for less-baseless speculation as to what comes afterward. What exactly are Barack Obama’s contingency plans if the Supreme Court overturns ObamaCare, in whole or in part? On Monday, Marc Ambinder tweeted out this interesting update before it became apparent that the court would wait for Thursday to release its decision. According to Ambinder, the White House had a raft of executive orders at the ready:

Link: Will Obama revive an overturned ObamaCare through EOs? « Hot Air

My thought is that there is NOTHING that will stop this admiinistration from doing what it wants to do. It has proven time and time again that laws, the Constitution, the will of the people mean NOTHING. Using executive orders to implement Obamacare wouldn't even be the most egregious bit of tyranny this regime has engaged in.

IF the Obama administration ignores the SCOTUS' ruling, no matter what it is, then Congress needs to take serious action.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 11:42 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
No, he won't. It would pave the way for at least what ObamaCare was supposed to be (Public Option), if not an all out single payer system in the future. What we got ain't ObamaCare, it is RomneyCare ideas applied federally.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
No, he won't. It would pave the way for at least what ObamaCare was supposed to be (Public Option), if not an all out single payer system in the future. What we got ain't ObamaCare, it is RomneyCare ideas applied federally.
How do you know he won't?

With respect to his latest DOJ directive, instructing the INS not to prosecute certain illegal aliens, last year he himself said he didn't have the authority to do exactly what he did several weeks ago.

Nothing and I mean nothing this administration does would surprise me. Oblama and his administration are lawless.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:45 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,281,090 times
Quote:
I think that's what the SP and PO folks *want* to believe. What makes them think it'll actually happen? When in the world would Congress and the Senate ever agree to ideas that silly?

Old 06-27-2012, 11:46 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
The WH was pretty quick to retaliate on the AZ ruling so I'm sure they have a plan A, B, C, D, etc. all vetted out by the lawyers.

It's an election year and he has but a few months. Who really knows. And the sad thing is that we're even speculating on this but I can see why as he has history now of not letting other branches of government "get in his way".

Old 06-27-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
I think that's what the SP and PO folks *want* to believe. What makes them think it'll actually happen? When in the world would Congress and the Senate ever agree to ideas that silly?
Reality will eventually allow slow people to catch up.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Hopefully they catch up by Nov. 5, 2012 so we don't have to endure another four years of this catastrophe.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
That's a nice subjective and emotionally charged argument. Now, I'll repeat my question. With different districts representing different interests and different philosophies on how health care should be implemented, what makes you think that SP could ever become reality under such circumstances?

Old 06-27-2012, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Hopefully they catch up by Nov. 5, 2012 so we don't have to endure another four years of this catastrophe.
They can't do it. Remember, we're talking about slow people here. Reality takes its own time, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
That's a nice subjective and emotionally charged argument. Now, I'll repeat my question. With different districts representing different interests and different philosophies on how health care should be implemented, what makes you think that SP could ever become reality under such circumstances?
It might sound emotional, but it is guaranteed when people experience it (those that are running behind, that is). You got the response, because you asked for it.. whether you like it or not, is not something to dwell on.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
It won't sound emotional when people experience it. You got the response, because you asked for it.. whether you like it or not, is not something to dwell on.
Your point sounds emotional whether people experience it or not. It still doesn't seem to address how it's possible to push through any sort of SP legislation in a congressional caucus that is made up of moderates, conservatives, and liberals with varying degrees of interest in such a program.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies