Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 02:35 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
Well, Obamacare is passing a slew of Tax increases on the Commonweath, and with universal heathcare already in place, I believe that the Delagations should have voted unaminously against it as it helps 0 citizens in Massachusetts, simple civics.
So your two questions:

1) why would Mass residents agree to pay more taxes so other people can have the same benefits of an improved healthcare system? B/c they aren't selfish a-holes.

2) why wouldn't Mass residents repeal their own healthcare system? Who knows but it has nothing to do w/ Obama or Obamacare
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2012, 02:38 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,907 times
Quote:
I don't understand the logic behind it. Massheath already covers all Massachusetts citizens. so with no imporvement for Massachusetts Citizens why would they vote for it? why wouldn't they vote to repeal it?
All it is for Massachusetts is more Taxes, because Massachusetts Senators, and Congressmen are there to repersent Massachusetts, but why vote for a law that does not help Massachusetts, but probably hurt it?

Maybe because they love America?

Old 06-28-2012, 02:38 PM

14,021 posts, read 15,022,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
So your two questions:

1) why would Mass residents agree to pay more taxes so other people can have the same benefits of an improved healthcare system? B/c they aren't selfish a-holes.

2) why wouldn't Mass residents repeal their own healthcare system? Who knows but it has nothing to do w/ Obama or Obamacare
but Congresspeople are elected to seek the intrestes of the state, Obamacare unfailry burdens the Commonweath, while it may help so Hoodlum in Chicago, it doesnt matter because they are not constituants of the Congressperson, they repersent the intrests of the Commonweath of Massachusetts, and no one else, but Politics got in the way.

Old 06-28-2012, 02:44 PM

Quote:
but Congresspeople are elected to seek the intrestes of the state, Obamacare unfailry burdens the Commonweath, while it may help so Hoodlum in Chicago, it doesnt matter because they are not constituants of the Congressperson, they repersent the intrests of the Commonweath of Massachusetts, and no one else, but Politics got in the way.
Really? So am I right in assuming that you oppose oil subsidies and financial & military support for Israel? B/c all of those are in less of the "interest" of Mass. than Obamacare?

Old 06-28-2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Really? So am I right in assuming that you oppose oil subsidies and financial & military support for Israel? B/c all of those are in less of the "interest" of Mass. than Obamacare?
Yes, billions of Dollars should not go to a forigen country who do what they will with it. Oil Subsidies do in fact lower gas prices, and there is an oil presence in Massachusetts, but I think they are superflous

Old 06-28-2012, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Yes, billions of Dollars should not go to a forigen country who do what they will with it. Oil Subsidies do in fact lower gas prices, and there is an oil presence in Massachusetts, but I think they are superflous
Oil subsidies do not affect gas prices. Anyway, the point of what you think Congress should be doing is obviously wrong.

If Congress was only supposed to do what was best for their state, then how would we ever get a plant for jet fighters built in one state? Only that one state would see a financial benefit, and the others would share the cost of funding that project.

Or how about approving funding for natural disasters? Only a handful of states are affected by hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, etc.

Old 06-28-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Oil subsidies do not affect gas prices. Anyway, the point of what you think Congress should be doing is obviously wrong.

If Congress was only supposed to do what was best for their state, then how would we ever get a plant for jet fighters built in one state? Only that one state would see a financial benefit, and the others would share the cost of funding that project.

Or how about approving funding for natural disasters? Only a handful of states are affected by hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, etc.
Those laws mean in any natural disaster, a state gets funding, as every state is vunerable to a natural disaster, it is good for everyone.
Jet Fighters, although only techinically finacially help one state, logistically, they protect ALL states, therofore good for everyone, in all 50 states.

Old 06-28-2012, 03:05 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,963 times
Actualy most jet fighters are have parts made in several states. GE in Lynn Mass makes a lot of the turbine engines.

Old 06-28-2012, 03:15 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,367,350 times
Quote:
Well, Massachusetts lost Today.
I'm from Massachusetts and today is a happy day! My friends are celebratory! We have a good thing here, 90% of all Massachusetts residents have health care. It's a beautiful thing and now the country can have their share too.

Old 06-28-2012, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipoetry View Post
I'm from Massachusetts and today is a happy day! My friends are celebratory! We have a good thing here, 90% of all Massachusetts residents have health care. It's a beautiful thing and now the country can have their share too.
I believe its 97.5% . Obamacare does nothing but raise taxes, we get no Benifits, it is bad for OUR state, so OUR congressmen should vote with the Republcains to repeal it, if other states want it, they will do it on their own. Because I dont want to pay for the heathcare of some Bunkin in Mississippi.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies