Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2012, 12:12 AM

483 posts, read 1,559,609 times

Advertisements

This happened a while back when the "CLEAR" system was in place at the airport. If you recall, CLEAR was a service where you paid $150 per year and were fingerprinted, and you could bypass the long lines going through the security checkpoint.

Anyway, while I was waiting in the normal line, some guy breezed through the CLEAR line. The woman behind me says in frustration, "Well that's just another example of how rich people live by a different set of rules". I had to try to contain my laughter. First of all, if you think paying $150/yr makes you rich, then you're probably a loser with a dead-end McDonalds job. There are teenagers who pay that much for 2 months of cell service. And second of all, rich people don't use CLEAR. They fly private and don't deal with security lines. We're talking about $50,000 for a mere 2 hour flight.

Why are liberals so naive about the real world? Are most of them broke with no future?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2012, 12:23 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,522,258 times
So one woman you heard say one thing at the airport represent all liberals to you? Did she even make it clear she was a liberal?

You waited how long to tell us this extremely important story?

Old 06-28-2012, 12:27 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,289,340 times
Default If this isn't a trolling thread, I don't know what is

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh u View Post
This happened a while back when the "CLEAR" system was in place at the airport. If you recall, CLEAR was a service where you paid $150 per year and were fingerprinted, and you could bypass the long lines going through the security checkpoint.

Anyway, while I was waiting in the normal line, some guy breezed through the CLEAR line. The woman behind me says in frustration, "Well that's just another example of how rich people live by a different set of rules". I had to try to contain my laughter. First of all, if you think paying $150/yr makes you rich, then you're probably a loser with a dead-end McDonalds job. There are teenagers who pay that much for 2 months of cell service. And second of all, rich people don't use CLEAR. They fly private and don't deal with security lines. We're talking about $50,000 for a mere 2 hour flight.

Why are liberals so naive about the real world? Are most of them broke with no future?
So from one sentence you deduced this woman's income, her job title, her political ideology, and employment prospects?

Quote:
And second of all, rich people don't use CLEAR. They fly private and don't deal with security lines.
Make sure you tell this guy that.
Quote:
He's known for his frugal habits, flies economy class, and has now overtaken Bill Gates as the richest man in the world.

He's Ingvar Kamprad, the Swede who founded furniture retail chain IKEA.

Last edited by Savoir Faire; 06-28-2012 at 01:07 AM..

Old 06-28-2012, 12:29 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
Meh...frustrated people in lines say all sorts of things.

[sometimes even, gasp, exaggerate]

Old 06-28-2012, 12:34 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
I was at Gread Adventure in NJ the first year they had the line pagers. Basically you'd walk up to the entrance to the ride and wave it near a special box. This put you in virtual line based on what they expected the real line to take. Might be 1/2 hour, 1 hour etc and then it would beep, they had a special entrance and you'd get right on the roller coaster. LOL

This was like ten years ago and it was new... Ohh the looks we were getting.

Old 06-28-2012, 12:40 AM

1,796 posts, read 1,661,590 times
Quote:

Um, I'm just curious, but how were you able to infer all of this information from this one anonymous stranger's comment? You do know that in recent memory, liberals were characterized as an elite class comprising a "tax-hiking, government-expanding, latte-drinking, sushi-eating, Volvo-driving, New York Times-reading, body-piercing, Hollywood-loving left-wing freak show," no? Hardly the McDonald's worker demographic. And no, I am not endorsing this stereotype, I'm only pointing out inconsistencies in stereotypes about liberals over the past few election cycles.

Famous Club for Growth PAC TV Ad About Howard Dean - YouTube

Old 06-28-2012, 01:03 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,959,280 times
Josh, it's apparent that enough poster's have taken such a big bite, that the ass you had at the beginning of this ridiculous post is now long gone.

In the future, if you wish to start a post as stupid as this one, stop and take a look in the mirror to where your ass used to be.

that should be sufficient motivation to bring you back to your senses.

Old 06-28-2012, 01:12 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,289,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Josh, it's apparent that enough poster's have taken such a big bite, that the ass you had at the beginning of this ridiculous post is now long gone.

In the future, if you wish to start a post as stupid as this one, stop and take a look in the mirror to where your ass used to be.

that should be sufficient motivation to bring you back to your senses.
His thread has managed to make him look worse than the homeless imaginary woman at the airport.

Old 06-28-2012, 06:58 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:

Why are conservatives so classist? On one hand they speak of the nobility of work - all honest moral work is good and honorable - and then deride burger flippers as losers. These are the kind of people who blocked the Salvation Army from opening a rooming house in Ann Arbor for the downtown low-wage workers who have to commute from other areas because they can't afford to live near their jobs.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:00 AM

2,312 posts, read 3,664,867 times
Thats why I dont fly

Hate people, and in a confined aircraft.................no thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies