Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 11:45 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,938,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
and 99% of the 'stolen valor cases' are just that about fraud

if you lie about Valor for getting a job, or a government grant...that is fraud...no if's, but's or maybe's about it
Care to back that up?

I figure if you use that against people it can be used against you as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2012, 12:00 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I actually agree. If I were president, I would have defended the law, even though I would suspect it is not constitutional.

What rather set this care apart: the liar at the center of the case was not trying to profit off his lie. I imagine (although I have yet to read the opinion) that since it was 'pure speech', the Court felt it had no choice but to strike down the act.
If you were President you would have defended the law suspecting that it was not Constitutional?

Old 06-28-2012, 12:01 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Should my Dad have been prosecuted? He was a Marine in WWII and had a cigar box full of medals. He usually denied being in the military unless it was family or someone he was lifelong friends with.

The Government invited him to the WWII Memorial opening ceremony in DC all expenses paid, he didn't even acknowledge it.

Let people crow about their military service, I almost always assume they are lying.
This is true, about bragging

My grandfather was on the 2nd wave at Omaha Beach..... but rarely talked about it..... not something he talked about because of the memories and when he was invited to go to France he declined

The real heroes rarely, if at all, brag

Old 06-28-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Actually, Alito, Scalia, and Thomas were the dissenters.

What does that say to you about Scalia's devotion to the Constitution?
His record of jurisprudence is shot. He has a clear record of political based rulings.

Not only that. He's be the worst Justice in terms of rank political statements inside and outside the court.

Every Judge knows you are not to even give the suspicion of political bias.

He's pathetic from a legal standpoint.

Old 06-28-2012, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
His record of jurisprudence is shot. He has a clear record of political based rulings.

Not only that. He's be the worst Justice in terms of rank political statements inside and outside the court.

He's pathetic from a legal standpoint.
And Ginsburg doesn't?

Old 06-28-2012, 12:07 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,007,828 times
Quote:
If you were President you would have defended the law suspecting that it was not Constitutional?

Ethics in the Year 2012........Unbelievable.
Yes. Suspecting is not the same as being sure.

Plus, if I were president, and Congress had passed the act and sent it to me to sign, I would be realistic and sign off on it.

I agree, I am losing my morals. I guess the state senate is the next step for me.

Old 06-28-2012, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
And Ginsberg doesn't?
Feel free to post a source from a objective legal scholar that Ginsberg's jurisprudence is suspected of being politically biased? With specific court cases. I'll be happy to read them.

Sorry. It's allot more complex than my right wing justice is better than your left wing justice.

Old 06-28-2012, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Feel free to post a source from a objective legal scholar that Ginsberg's jurisprudence is suspected of being politically biased? With specific court cases. I'll be happy to read them.

Sorry. It's allot more complex than my right wing justice is better than your left wing justice.
Justice Ginsburg causes storm dissing the Constitution while abroad | The Daily Caller

We already know how she (?) feels about the constitution.....

You have already made it left vs right justice.... with your partisan statement about Scalia.....those criticizing him are all on the left, you should know this

Old 06-28-2012, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Justice Ginsburg causes storm dissing the Constitution while abroad | The Daily Caller

We already know how she (?) feels about the constitution.....

You have already made it left vs right justice.... with your partisan statement about Scalia.....those criticizing him are all on the left, you should know this
What on earth is left v right about advise on writing a Constitution?

As I suspected, you don't know what an a legal argument is.

It's not your typical political tripe from the right wing Daily Caller..

Tell me please you didn't get into the College Station campus? Are you even aware of any sources you can go to to get a real legal objective analysis of legal opinions?

Old 06-28-2012, 12:27 PM

Quote:
What on earth is left v right about advise on writing a Constitution?

As I suspected, you don't know what an a legal argument is.

It's not your typical political tripe from the right wing Daily Caller..
Obviously, you don't know what a legal argument is.... you have made it a partisan issue

When Scalia rules on something (to you) it is political

When Ginsburg rules, (to you) it is a good ruling

To be expected from a Liberal..... just quit while you are losing bro.....

It appears that your Sam Houston St. education did not include basing your statements on facts...... just biased opinions

I will move on to another thread since there is little to be gained from as internet argument with a partisan idiot
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies