Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 01:17 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,720,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And really why is Bernie Madoff in prison for just wanting to get money from others and he didn't poison them, addict them to extremely addictive substances, he didn't dull their minds or anything really bad -- so why is he in prison while thousands of drug dealers who intentionally harm the minds and bodies of people in order to get their money roam free?

Cannabis is non-toxic, not a poison. It does not cause brain damage but can make some things hard or impossible to do while under the influence for a couple hours or so. It doesn't damage the body. It's not "extremely" addictive, but it can cause psychological dependence. Also, 25% of Americans are in chronic pain, so Drs. & pills can't help everyone. According to top expert Dr. Lester Grinspoon (retired from Harvard Medical School), there are 126 medical problems where it can sometimes work better than pills.

Recent anecdotes report cannabis oil being used successfully to cure cancer & other painful & often fatal illnesses. Cannabis oil was available in pharmacies until 1937, when cancer was fairly rare. Now we have a cancer epidemic with cancer killing 30% of people in the US. Should cancer patients be put in prison just because they want to feel better & maybe live longer?

The phony drug war costs taxpayers at least $40 billion a year & does not reduce drug use. Some reading sources I like: Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (leap.cc) , Granny Storm Crow's list, Wikipedia, & garyjohnson2012.com/ There's tons of info out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2012, 02:00 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
The prohibitionists arguments are sounding more stupid as every day passes. Fortunately people are waking up to the truth, and the propaganda pushers are looking more foolish and ignorant than ever.

yes they revolve around the perpetual bs of propaganda.. but they are becoming far and between..

Old 06-30-2012, 02:22 PM

52 posts, read 41,593 times
Good for chicago

Old 06-30-2012, 06:55 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,286,380 times
Quote:
No --- officially it was "drowning and effects of atherosclerotic heart disease and cocaine use." So yes the drug pushers killed her the same way that Michael Jackson's physician killed him. Only there is no jail time for them. Same as Rodney King's drowning -- a man that young doesn't normally just drown, but his drug dealers got rich -- and accomplished something no LA cops with bats did -- they killed him.
she died from drowning , heart problems, and a drug overdose simultaneously ? how the hell is that possible

Old 06-30-2012, 07:14 PM

Quote:
No --- officially it was "drowning and effects of atherosclerotic heart disease and cocaine use." So yes the drug pushers killed her the same way that Michael Jackson's physician killed him. Only there is no jail time for them. Same as Rodney King's drowning -- a man that young doesn't normally just drown, but his drug dealers got rich -- and accomplished something no LA cops with bats did -- they killed him.

this thread is about weed...

and weed did not kill em..

booze cocaine and prescription drugs killed em, along with stupidity

Old 06-30-2012, 07:15 PM

884 posts, read 716,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
did you read the article about the 500 thousand accidents that are caused in the uk because of women putting on makup..

i was making a point... millions of responsible people smoke pot so why should a few bad apples spoil it for all..??

i did a thread about alcohol and not one person made a comment about the 10 thousand plus people that die every year from dui.. not one person came on there saying alcohol should be made illegal because of all the chaos alcohol creates.. but someone opens a thread, and puts a pic of some girl that left her baby on the roof of her car, and forgets about it because she smoked some pot,and got drunk at a party the night before, goes viral.. whats with that?? i did not hear anyone blaming alcohol..

i guess all these family members wer all pot heads to have left their dad at a gas station, and not realizing it after a hundred miles..

Family takes 100 miles to notice dad wasn't in the van
Easy tiger. I think you have some valid points. If I was King and I had to choose between alcohol and weed I would choose the weed. And you make a valid point about a few ruining it for others. I agree with you on that point. I have seen many deaths related to alcohol, and I
suspect most people have a family member or friend who's life has been touched by alcohol.

I can't remember one human being I had to resuscitate from pot intoxication! Booze, oh yea. Also, weed is one hec of a good pain killer as another person posted here. I also think those with cancer would benefit from some of the products of THC. It helps reduce nausea/vomiting, eases pain, increases appetite.

Oh, and did I mention I moonlight for Frito-Lay on weekends? J/K

Last edited by Iluvmycountry; 06-30-2012 at 08:09 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 06-30-2012, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvmycountry View Post
Easy tiger. I think you have some valid points. If I was King and I had to choose between alcohol and weed I would choose the weed. And you make a valid point about a few ruining it for others. I agree with you on that point. I have seen many deaths related to alcohol, and I
suspect most people have a family member or friend who's life has been touched by alcohol.

I can't remember one human being I had to resuscitate from pot intoxication! Booze, oh yea. Also, weed is one hec of a good pain killer as another person posted here. I also think those with cancer would benefit from some of the products of THC. It helps reduce nausea/vomiting, eases pain, increases appetite.

Oh, and did I mention I moonlight for Frito-Lay on weekends? J/K

no problem,, just attacking a bag of chips right about now

Old 06-30-2012, 09:10 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,162,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
this thread is about weed...

and weed did not kill em..

booze cocaine and prescription drugs killed em, along with stupidity
That's why the government should ban it, because adults cannot make choices for themselves. Anyone living in a free society knows that, duh

Old 06-30-2012, 10:01 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Was this done in honor of all of the weed that Obama smoked there?

Old 06-30-2012, 10:04 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,286,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Was this done in honor of all of the weed that Obama smoked there?
Obama smoked most of his weed at Harvard, not sure you've heard of it, it's a University, that's where people read books written by a Gay Communist Satan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies