Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 06:57 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,872,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammyd View Post
Awwww come on! A person can be a victim of anyone not just someone from a different country or perhaps an illegal. Everyone is now grabbing at straws and you just got the short straw by worrying about getting hurt by an illegal. Of the horrid crimes committed over the past, say 5 years, just how many were done by illegals? Look, I am just like anyone else and think folks should come to this country legal just like our Italian, Polish, German, Irish forefathers did. If they don't then why is it Obama's fault? Someone is falling asleep at the borders and someone is obviously getting paid huge dollars to let them come here.
OK..now this is gonna create havoc but I have to say it. Some time ago, I hired pure caucasian men to work on our roof. They came highly recommended. Not six months later the roof AND the skylight both leaked. When I had them come back to fix things, our ceilings in the kitchen and dining room were ruined from leaking. I go outside to check on their progress and they are sitting down RESTING drinking beer....I FIRED them on the spot.
I searched for a new roofer who had mostly Columbians working for him and the roof got done in record time, no drinking and no mess and VERY respectful. So.............why put all the blame for what goes on here in our country on illegals?? They will work and they do quality work.
Oh, by the way....Charles Manson was not an illegal.

See, here's the problem with a liberal, you guys always throw around useless information that has no need to be there and then act like it's important. One little anecdote that showed some Colombians (it is spelled with an O, nice job being open minded) were hard workers and some white Americans did a poor job does not change anything. Just because you had one good story doesn't mean that all people should be allowed to come to this country when they wish. How thick is your skull?

Just because someone is a good worker does not mean they should be able to cut in line and pass all of the people that are trying to go legally. Gives a pretty good impression of the United States huh? Don't worry everyone, if you try to do something the right way you will suffer because here in the United States we will protect criminals and try to say it is ok.

Oh, and I'm sorry but you've got to be someone with one of the dumbest thought processes I've ever seen. Charles Manson was not illegal.... and? Who cares, that doesn't change the fact that if we did a better job at stopping illegal immigrants that every crime committed by an illegal would essentially not have actually happened if they were stopped before arriving.

Let's keep making these blanket statements about illegal immigrants and calling them hard workers so we can ignore the issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2012, 09:32 PM

37,097 posts, read 42,103,316 times
Uh huh to all you guys but...

What if an illegal SAVED your life?

Old 06-30-2012, 12:15 AM

7,449 posts, read 5,716,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
They steal too.. they have no fear... for a few years now since my town have been infiltrated, things have been walking away from my driveway as the illegals walk down the blocks in my town.. some strange things they steal.. oh, and they have slept on my porch and get drunk and walk around and live in the woods by the rail road tracks a slightly more than a few blocks away.. this is a beach town and no slum.
A quick double tap will do the trick nicely.

Old 06-30-2012, 12:18 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,808,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I would hope that you would ONLY place the blame at the justice departments feet. And Janet Napolitano. And, of course, Obama.
I blame weird threads on the original poster. Imagine, if a male homosexual rapist ate breakfast cereal. I'd blame Golden Grahams for my butt hurt.

Old 06-30-2012, 01:11 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,770,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
I blame every President for the past 50 years or so, for letting this snowball to this level today.
In 1986 when Reagan granted amnesty that is where it should have stopped with laws enforced and secured borders. Granting birthright citizenship should have been stopped as well. It's only in the last few years that government gave illegals the right to be illegal, the right to make demands on the US government. They are no longer criminals/illegals but "undocumented Americans" who enjoy the protection of the current administration.

Old 06-30-2012, 07:38 AM

24,373 posts, read 22,986,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imokay View Post
Suppose that the entire US were the victim of predatory lending practices and lending?

I would hope that you would ONLY place the blame at the bankers' feet. And, of course, Republicans.
>>> I didn't know Barney Frank or Bill Clinton were republicans. The things you learn on CD.

Old 08-20-2017, 04:23 PM

1 posts, read 277 times
I have not experienced crimes committed by illegal immigrants. Crimes committed against me were home grown people to rob or steal to support their drug use (white people). I have lived in south Texas, Arizona and now Northern California. I don't see how people blame Obama for any of this -- why not Bush or Regan. I want to understand the thought process for blame. Guns don't kill people. -- people kill people; well people pull the trigger don't they. Help me understand please!

Old 08-20-2017, 04:30 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,479,944 times
Quote:
I would hope that you would ONLY place the blame at the justice departments feet. And Janet Napolitano. And, of course, Obama.
If my family is subjected to a crime by a white nationalist should I drop it at trumps feet? Just following your logic.

Old 08-20-2017, 04:59 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,483,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
See, here's the problem with a liberal, you guys always throw around useless information that has no need to be there and then act like it's important. One little anecdote that showed some Colombians (it is spelled with an O, nice job being open minded) were hard workers and some white Americans did a poor job does not change anything. Just because you had one good story doesn't mean that all people should be allowed to come to this country when they wish. How thick is your skull?

Just because someone is a good worker does not mean they should be able to cut in line and pass all of the people that are trying to go legally. Gives a pretty good impression of the United States huh? Don't worry everyone, if you try to do something the right way you will suffer because here in the United States we will protect criminals and try to say it is ok.

Oh, and I'm sorry but you've got to be someone with one of the dumbest thought processes I've ever seen. Charles Manson was not illegal.... and? Who cares, that doesn't change the fact that if we did a better job at stopping illegal immigrants that every crime committed by an illegal would essentially not have actually happened if they were stopped before arriving.

Let's keep making these blanket statements about illegal immigrants and calling them hard workers so we can ignore the issues.
You're calling out that poster for making blanket statements about illegal immigrants, but you want to make blanket statements about liberals? Ok.

Personally I agree with the OP. It's obviously a problem to have let un-traceable and unaccountable people in the country.

Old 08-20-2017, 05:14 PM

35,565 posts, read 20,909,470 times
Quote:
That is the most aszenine thing I have read on CD since 2007 ... Wow this takes the cake wow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies