Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2012, 09:50 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,012,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Vietnam is now one of the US' allies. They even want the US to set up a naval base there.

And while Vietnam is an authoritarian dictatorship it has embraced capitalism. Funny how that worked out - it was Vietnamese communists themselves who eradicated communism in Vietnam, and not the US.

It is far from eradicated. I know people who live there.........They only embraced capitalism to mimick china....... for the money..............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2012, 09:58 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I'll never forgive Robert McNamara, LBJ, Richard Nixon et al. Jane Fonda did nothing remotely comparable to the misdeeds of those who created the Vietnam debacle. May they all rot in hell.
I agree. It wasn't Jane Fonda that cost me my husband and my children their father. It was those named above plus all the war profiteers that always beat the drums for war so that they can profit by the shedding of blood.

Old 07-01-2012, 10:04 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad58 View Post
Yes, I know that I'm going to die one day. But, it's surely going to be several decades after you.
We'll see how the youth treat you when you "get older." If your postings are any indication of how our youth are looking upon older people and those who have served our country, the future looks a little dim in your "old age"................

Seems like some people rather enjoy Jane stepping in and showing the Vietnamese "Freedom" really isn't for everyone, as she sits in her Ivory Tower.............

Old 07-01-2012, 10:37 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,987,639 times
Tom Paxton summed up a lot of my take on Vietnam in a song called "LBJ Told the Nation" which goes:

Lyndon Johnson Told the Nation,
Have no fear of Escalation,
I am trying everyone to please,
Though it isn't really war'
I'm sending 50,000 more,
To help save Vietnam from Vietnamese!

The sadest thing about the Vietnam War is the nation never really had the spine to give the guys in Nam a proper Declaration of War called for by the US Constitution so they could at least have the title of War Fighter rather than that murky title of paticipant in a Police Action. Unlike WW! and 2 Vietnam didn't end with a surrender but just kind of pettered out and ended with a scudadle in 1975. Contrast the end of the Vietnam conflict with the famous shot of the hasty bording of a heliocopter on the roof of the US Embassy by US evacuees on the last day of April 1975 with the scene on the deck of the USS Missouri in Tokyo Bay on September 12, 1945 also a iconic picture of the 20th century.

Old 07-01-2012, 11:30 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
It is far from eradicated. I know people who live there.........They only embraced capitalism to mimick china....... for the money..............
So there's no such thing as a dictatorship that's not communist? Since when?

Old 07-01-2012, 11:35 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Vietnam is now one of the US' allies. They even want the US to set up a naval base there.

And while Vietnam is an authoritarian dictatorship it has embraced capitalism. Funny how that worked out - it was Vietnamese communists themselves who eradicated communism in Vietnam, and not the US.
You're right. They are crawling to us now that they realize that China is the real threat.

Funny indeed; or rather, sad -- that it took them so long to apply for membership in the human race. Think of the suffering they could have saved everyone forty years ago if they'd listened to us and negotiated in good faith.

Old 07-02-2012, 07:19 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
LOL @ folks rehashing some crap from 40+ years ago. Move on. She's living a pretty good life at her winery with a few million in the bank i'm sure. Meanwhile, you're stewing and brooding over some bull while making it paycheck to paycheck. She surely doesn't care about you, so why do you care about her?
I will save this post from you and bring it back whenever the slavery and Confederate flag issue is raised just to remind those that it was almost 150 years ago to "Move on"!

"She surely doesn't care about you, so why do you care about her?"

What an absolutely statement.

If you followed what you preach you wouldn't be posting on here at all.

Do you REALLY think the people you talk about on here care what you think?

Old 07-02-2012, 09:12 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxBlueMan View Post
Anyone calling for someone who is exercising their first amendment rights, to be tried for treason, is just a Nazi wrapped in the American flag.

if she was exercising her freedom of spech here fine, but not while she is over in an enemy country applauding the countries enemies for killing americans.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:13 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,880,558 times
I will never forgive her. My father's dear friend was a POW , and him and his fellow POW's got beat even harder after GI Jane pulled her tactics. She is a disgusting, treasonous human being.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:25 AM

3,807 posts, read 4,273,534 times
Absolutely not. She is a communist traitor, who should have been tried for treason and killed. Had Vietnam been a "declared war," she would have been. Could you image her comments during World War II? Please people....

"I would think that if you understood what communism was, you would hope, you would pray on your knees that someday we would someday become communists. – Jane Fonda, 1970, Address to Michigan State University"

I'd put a bullet in her head, if I were allowed. She is one of the most sickening people on the face of this earth. MEN died because of her. OUR men. OUR soldiers we sent to fight for our country. Right, wrong, or indifferent. You DO NOT give the enemy aid and confront. PERIOD.

Disagree with the war? Yes. Fight against it? Yes. But aide and abet a foreign government to KILL your people? You are a traitor ***** and deserve to die and should have died years ago.

Jane Fonda is a traitor and should have been killed ago. I'd have pulled the trigger...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies