Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2013, 11:23 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times

Advertisements

Basically it like murders; depends on the perosn and just how it effected them perosnally. I doubt many who had friends who died and served themselves can totlally forgive her as they see her as a traitor with support she gave the enemy. zOthers have forgave and others have moved on but not forgotten really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2013, 11:25 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
None of you were harmed by anything Jane Fonda has done, so you are not deserving of any apologies. I realize this is politically incorrect to say, but having your feelings hurt by what someone else has said does not entitle you to pity and an apology. She owes you nothing and you are deserving of nothing from her.
She owe the entire country an apology..It was more than having feelings hurt. Do you even remember those days? I for one have gotten past my feelings of total distaste for her and what she said, but that doesn't mean I will ever forget... and I do not get the opinion people are asking for pity.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:29 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
tell that to me again when i go to Arlington this summer to visit the graves of my relatives who died in Vietnam and that are buried there.
Thank you to your family for serving. My brother served as well, luckily he returned home safe but my X fiance's brother did not. Regardless of how people feel about the Vietnam war, I deplore what she did and said. Anyone who thinks we, as a country do not derserve an apology from her, must not have been around at that time or have their eyes totally closed.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:30 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
She owe the entire country an apology..It was more than having feelings hurt. Do you even remember those days? I for one have gotten past my feelings of total distaste for her and what she said, but that doesn't mean I will ever forget...
The people who betrayed the public trust and involved us in that wasteful war owed the public an apology and all died without making the effort, Jane Fonda expressed an opinion.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:31 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Thank you to your family for serving. My brother served as well, luckily he returned home safe but my X fiance's brother did not. Regardless of how people feel about the Vietnam war, I deplore what she did and said. Anyone who thinks we, as a country do not derserve an apology from her, must not have been around at that time or have their eyes totally closed.
I was around at that time, knew some who didn't return, and KNOW Jane Fonda had NOTHING to do with putting them in that position.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:32 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,153,884 times
Quote:
She owe the entire country an apology..It was more than having feelings hurt. Do you even remember those days? I for one have gotten past my feelings of total distaste for her and what she said, but that doesn't mean I will ever forget...
We aren't entitled to anything from her. You me, vets, anyone. We have undergone this "therapization" within our culture where anytime someone says or does something offensive, it creates this entitlement of the masses to emote and demand apologies. I don't give a rat's arse if your feelings were hurt or if some overly sensitive vet looking for something to be offended about is so precious that they still have hurt feelings over something that happened almost 50 years ago and did no actual harm to anyone. Perhaps others are willing to indulge you people and your emoting. I am not.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:37 AM

1,487 posts, read 1,706,650 times
I never quite understand the hate directed at these celebrities. Are you telling me that Jane Fonda's egregious act was worse than the act of lies told, that got us into the war in the first place? Please refrain from the faux-outrage conservatives, unless you are just completely ignorant of those horrific lies that led to our involvement over there, and in turn the death of many young american men/and vietnamese, laotians, cambodians lives. Read some history about the area first, then get back to us. Maybe, start with the French in 1850 and their colony in southeast asia.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:37 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
No. She blamed the soldiers that had no choice, they were drafted into that mess and suffered alongside the Vietcong. Her scorn should have been directed at the commanders and our own gov't, not the tools.

This country has experienced an awakening since that war, it is time for men to stop letting themselves be used for these endless invasions, leaving death and destruction in their wake. They are no longer drafted, so I do hold them responsible now, along with their commanders. War does not bring peace, ever!
Occupation means oppression and control, we are not bringing freedom and democracy - that is a myth.
Joining the military means you give up your freedoms, your civil rights - nobody should surrender those, ever, for any reason.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:41 AM

57,230 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I'll never forget the offenses of Johnson, McNamara, Nixon et al

I might start worrying about Jane Fonda after I hear those POS SOBs apologized before they left this world. Otherwise I can only hope there's a special circle of hell reserved for them.
Exactly, couldn't have stated it any better, some misplaced anger going after a holywood star rather than the politicians that sent soldiers off to their death for a useless war.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:42 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Jane fonda was a traitor and should have been shot for treason
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies