Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2012, 08:15 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
"Children are suffering from a hidden epidemic of child abuse and neglect. Every year 3.3 million reports of child abuse are made in the United States involving 6 million children; that’s because reports can include multiple children. The United States has the worst record in the industrialized nation – losing five children every day due to abuse-related deaths."
National Child Abuse Statistics | Childhelp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Yea....that's why so many parents neglect, abuse and murder their children. Children that those parents were not forced to have.

Many people who want children have no business having them.....let alone forcing people who do not want them in the first place to have them.

Life isn't a fairytale where every child is loved and cherished by its parents.
Quote:
...Why you think that the lot of a child is to function as a punishment to a parent who never wanted that child is beyond me. Frankly it's sick.
Some of you people make me absolutely sick. How DARE you decide that the baby should never have been born because he/she might go through some hell in life. How DARE you!

I don't tend to get very personal on this forum but I'm going to this time. Do you two not consider me a person? Am I still a fetus or unwanted zygote or cells? Is that what I am to you?

Why do I ask you this?

Because I was born BEFORE Roe vs Wade, THANK GOD, and I can assure you, I was UNwanted. I suffered extreme abuse, extreme sexual and physical abuse. I was almost dead when a social worker stopped by for a visit, knew something was wrong and called police. They found me in a back bedroom in a closet, skin and bones, almost dead. I think I know a thing or two about not being wanted and suffering from neglect and abuse.

Long story short, I was adopted. And I have gone on to live a life just like any other human being.

And you two are going to sit there and say to me it would have been better IF I HAD BEEN ABORTED! There are rules on this forum that prevent me from telling each of you EXACTLY what I think about you. To say that you make me sick to my stomach, that I have never been more disgusted by your comments is an understatement.

If it were left up to you two, I wouldn't be here. Well **** you very much. How DARE you make that decision FOR ME if I live or die because you think my first four years of life weren't "good enough" for me. According to your sick, demented and twisted logic, no child like me should ever have a chance.

**** you.

Abortion is murder and you know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
The question is not "Is abortion murder?"

The question is "Is it better to have never existed, than to endure existence - the pleasure, the pain, the good, the bad, the sublime, the terrible, the beautiful - Life?"
See above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
Abortion isn't murder.

Popcorn is not actually popcorn until it comes out the microwave...
No one ever says, "Hey, put some uncooked kernels in the microwave" they say, "Hey, can you put some popcorn in the microwave?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 08:24 AM

1,438 posts, read 1,145,889 times
If it were really about whats good for women for you people, you'd be happy about this! What is wrong with wanting someone who knows what they're doing to preform an abortion? So if you don't really care about what's good for women, why are you using that as your argument?

I think this is great!

Old 07-02-2012, 08:25 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,166,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Just curious, but maybe it has to do with education (abandoning the absurdity of abstinence only policy) and easier access to contraception?
You may very well have a good point. Education is ALWAYS a good thing, and I think that we find unwanted pregnancy an issue in areas with less education.

As for easier access to contraception? Not sure how much easier it can get, go to drugstore, buy condoms and spermacide?

Old 07-02-2012, 08:26 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,066 times

"Federal judge temporarily bans Mississippi from shutting down the state's LAST remaining abortion clinic."

Read more: Federal judge temporarily bans Mississippi from shutting down the state's LAST remaining abortion clinic | Mail Online

Old 07-02-2012, 08:32 AM

1,438 posts, read 1,145,889 times
Quote:

"Federal judge temporarily bans Mississippi from shutting down the state's LAST remaining abortion clinic."

Read more: Federal judge temporarily bans Mississippi from shutting down the state's LAST remaining abortion clinic | Mail Online
for now

Old 07-02-2012, 09:24 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,062,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
You may very well have a good point. Education is ALWAYS a good thing, and I think that we find unwanted pregnancy an issue in areas with less education.

As for easier access to contraception? Not sure how much easier it can get, go to drugstore, buy condoms and spermacide?
I'd like to see easier/cheaper access to things like the depo shot and IUDs. Less chance of user error.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:24 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
So, Mr Thousands of years.....

If human nature is to do whatever they please without regard to the consequences of their actions, why hasn't the problem been this bad all along?

I'll tell you why. Because there was a time when people took more responsibility for their actions."""

Exact dates , please...thank you.

""" They wore condoms, and took precautions. Tell me, ever been to Japan, South Korea, or even Spain? They are human, yet THEY don't seem to have this problem, in fact Spain last time I bothered to look was a country in the bottom 5 in abortion percentage to number of women...

If it's so "Human nature", why do we NOT have the same problem""

What problem?...abortion occurs everywhere

everywhere with the same percentages? We are all human?

""MAYBE, the answer is, some people take precautions, some don't. """"

OOOH, ya got one right!

"""Human nature is the same world over, PEOPLE are different, in the way they do things, based on culture, upbringing, morals, laws, etc etc.
Your last sentence ! Ya got TWO right! People ARE different ...some have sex for fun, some have sex for PROCREATION ONLY, some have irresponsible sex, some have lotsa sex, some don't care to have any at all....but humans throughout history in all countries and continents have had sex, irresponsibly or not...YOU can't stop it.....just as no one could stop women from seeking abortions THROUGHOUT HISTORY

Old 07-02-2012, 09:25 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
If it were left up to you two, I wouldn't be here. Well **** you very much. How DARE you make that decision FOR ME if I live or die because you think my first four years of life weren't "good enough" for me. According to your sick, demented and twisted logic, no child like me should ever have a chance.
I'm sorry to hear of your young childhood, but this was an excellent post and a great point, in that it's assumed by the pro-choice crowd that an unwanted pregnancy will likely result in a child who's born to uncaring parents or poverty and their life will be miserable and full of pain, so it's no big deal if those babies are never born.

It's a different story when you're talking to an adult who would have been aborted based on their standards.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:49 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
I'm sorry to hear of your young childhood, but this was an excellent post and a great point, in that it's assumed by the pro-choice crowd that an unwanted pregnancy will likely result in a child who's born to uncaring parents or poverty and their life will be miserable and full of pain, so it's no big deal if those babies are never born.
There's a difference between an unplanned pregnancy and an unwanted pregnancy. And oftentimes, comments about unwanted pregnancy are made in response to ludicrous comments such as this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
The unwanted part only exist prior to birth...once the child is born all human beings want that child- no matter what-it's nature....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
It's a different story when you're talking to an adult who would have been aborted based on their standards.
Really? If, as a fetus I had been aborted, I wouldn't have known it. Frankly the logic you are attempting to use here is ridiculous.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:52 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
There's a difference between an unplanned pregnancy and an unwanted pregnancy. And oftentimes, comments about unwanted pregnancy are made in response to ludicrous comments such as this:....
NO, dear, there is NOT a difference. Unplanned and unwanted can be one in the same.

Quote:
Really? If, as a fetus I had been aborted, I wouldn't have known it. Frankly the logic you are attempting to use here is ridiculous.
You will never win this argument with me. EVER! What is ridiculous is you not recognizing that some of us are LIVING PROOF of why your logic is FLAWED!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies