Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2012, 06:50 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
US judge temporarily blocks Mississippi abortion law - US news - msnbc.com

Praise the Lord! God is protecting the women of Mississippi!

(Hey, if social conservatives can use their "God" to justify everything they want, then so can I. )

An abortion clinic, does not save womens lives. A DNC, because the mothers life is in jepordy, from a hospital doctor, does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2012, 06:59 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
If murder is wrong, do you consider sucking a baby out of a vagina with a vacuum murder, or just a convenience?
Murder is wrong.

Abortion in the legal time limits is not wrong.

Abortion after the legal limits because doctors determine it will save the mother's life or the fetus has extreme disabilities or illnesses is not wrong.

Now, please have the guts to address the FACT that making abortion illegal will not stop it .

YOU brought in rape , robbery and murder ...address it.

Old 07-03-2012, 06:59 AM

272 posts, read 229,163 times
Default Rape

So, how do pro-life people feel about women who are raped getting an abortion?

Old 07-03-2012, 07:11 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,098,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Murder is wrong.

Abortion in the legal time limits is not wrong.

Abortion after the legal limits because doctors determine it will save the mother's life or the fetus has extreme disabilities or illnesses is not wrong.

Now, please have the guts to address the FACT that making abortion illegal will not stop it .

YOU brought in rape , robbery and murder ...address it.
Oh, I realize it won't stop. I'm not worried about that. I'm worried about legal abortion (murder).

If a woman is in danger of losing her life, I can agree with abortion. If it's a tramp who (along with her baby daddy to be) made a bad decision, which is probably 1,000,000 times more likely, OUTLAW IT. I could care less if those women are relegated to back room abortions. If it is not legal and readily available, maybe these people will think twice before having sex without protection. Then again, as our population continues its demographic shift towards third world staus, I don't expect rational decision making to prevail.

Old 07-03-2012, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahC View Post
There's two groups.

One, like Republican candidate Rick Santorum, consider the pregancy from rape a "gift" and women should have to have this "gift".

The other group, the real hypocrites, think it's OK to have an abortion because of rape because the woman didn't enjoy the sex.

If the woman enjoyed the sex, according to the Anti-Woman/Anti-Choice/Jealous group, she should be punished and forced to bear the consequences...

See post #45, right above this one.

Old 07-03-2012, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
Oh, I realize it won't stop. I'm not worried about that. I'm worried about legal abortion (murder).

If a woman is in danger of losing her life, I can agree with abortion. If it's a tramp who (along with her baby daddy to be) made a bad decision, which is probably 1,000,000 times more likely, OUTLAW IT. I could care less if those women are relegated to back room abortions. If it is not legal and readily available, maybe these people will think twice before having sex without protection."""

It WAS illegal (at times) and not readily available and women STILL HAD ABORTIONS!!!!

""Then again, as our population continues its demographic shift towards third world staus, I don't expect rational decision making to prevail.
So it's OK with you if "tramps" die...or they just keep pumping out more babies because they can't get a safe abortion.
Because NORMAL humans throughout history have had sex without planning, without thinking twice or even once....that's because most humans aren't as sexless as SOME.

Don't like human nature??? Talk to whoever or whatever created such flawed units as humans....THEY didn't plan ahead!!!!

Old 07-03-2012, 07:19 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahC View Post

Or she can find a couple that cannot have children to adopt and have them semi-support you until the child is delivered.

Old 07-03-2012, 07:53 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
Calm your **** and just not get an abortion if you don't want one. This whole "deserve to be given a chance" nonsense is what is what gave us Hitler, your local gang banger/drug dealer/other waste of life specimans. I'm glad to know you turned out all okay, but you're one of the rare exceptions. If your whole "chance if they have a bad life" argument was true we would be seeing many doctors, lawyers, upstanding citizens of society coming out of our bad areas where most parents are crap.

Keep abortion, the world is becoming over populated as it is.
Another who shows their true colors.

This is what pro death people are all about, it's not about women's health or choice, it's that they don't give a damn about life at all. THAT is what it's about.

Thank you, viz and others, for finally being honest enough to say what is truly behind the 'pro choice' movement. At long last.

Old 07-03-2012, 08:10 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,606,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
As I stated in one of my previous posts, I was the product of an unplanned pregnancy, probably unwanted for a while too. And so what? If my mother had chosen to abort me that would have been her choice. And guess what? I wouldn't have had consciousness to care.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

And there ya go. This is what I've been talking about while you've been pretending to talk about something else.
Wait, so if "I" had been aborted as a fetus, "I", the fetus, would have cared? Really? This is what you are going with now? Honestly, I didn't think your "argument" could get any more ridiculous.

A woman has the right to choose, just as you and yours have the right to think only in terms of emotion and the absence of logic.

Don't believe in abortion? Don't have one. Pretty simply.

Old 07-03-2012, 08:32 AM

1,796 posts, read 1,661,814 times
I was trying to find a good post to respond to, and I really couldn't find one outside of Chiel's because there was so much name-calling in this thread I hope that the anti-abortion crowd realizes that women have been using abortifacients for some three-thousand years + through midwives and other folk-practitioners, and that thus abortion is not a recent problem. Most Monotheistic religions, including Christianity, Judaism, and Islam, have not recognized human life until quickening, although that recognition is arguable. In the Old Testament, suspected adulterous women were made to drink a cup of bitter herbs which would result in miscarriage, and that was supposed to prove them guilty.

All I'm trying to say is that women have often tried to control their reproductive rights, regardless of the interference of men, and they will continue to do so. Men have periodically tried to prevail over such control in a variety of ways, but I believe that they will eventually be struck down. This post is not meant to be anti-man in any way, nor is it meant to be anti-woman. I am only saying that only a woman has the right to say what happens to her own body.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies