Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2012, 10:25 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,097,533 times

Advertisements

The list for "things that do not belog in a uterus" was missing an item: vacuums.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2012, 10:32 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,035,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
Oh, I realize it won't stop. I'm not worried about that. I'm worried about legal abortion (murder).

If a woman is in danger of losing her life, I can agree with abortion. If it's a tramp who (along with her baby daddy to be) made a bad decision, which is probably 1,000,000 times more likely, OUTLAW IT. I could care less if those women are relegated to back room abortions. If it is not legal and readily available, maybe these people will think twice before having sex without protection. Then again, as our population continues its demographic shift towards third world staus, I don't expect rational decision making to prevail.
Ummmm....abortion is illegal in most third world countries.........so I think we're doing fine.

Of course, there are certain people in this country that would like to go back to the days when women used the "rhythm" method of contraception exclusively and abortion was banned.....just like it is in third world countries today.....ya know....where children dying of starvation is just par for the course.

Thank goodness these delusional people don't have the power to make it happen.

Old 07-03-2012, 10:33 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,107 times
I refuse to talk about something that is off topic, SoD, so unless you want to make an entirely different thread for whatever it is you're trying to get me to answer (for whatever reason) I suggest you stick to the topic of the thread.

It's really funny, Person and SoD, that you both are all about the welfare of the fetus inside the womb but the moment he or she is out? "NOPE! I DON'T WANT *MY* TAX DOLLARS PAYING FOR THAT WELFARE RECIPIENT! THAT WOMAN SHOULDN'T HAVE THAT BABY. IT'S AS IF...AS IF THERE WAS SOMEWAY FOR THAT CHILD TO NOT HAVE BEEN BORN." Not to mention it's hilarious that you also don't care about the life of the woman - which is ironic, right Person?

Keep up with the bigotry and ignorance you two. The liberals sure do love laughing at you. Oh and since I know you two love to make incorrect assumptions and label people blindly, I'll save you the trouble - I'm no liberal, I'm Centrist. Thanks for coming!

Old 07-03-2012, 10:36 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,140,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
Because there is this little voice called a conscience inside all of us. Our conscience tells us it is wrong. """

"Our" ? NO, YOUR's maybe, YOU cannot speak for everyone...that would be presumptous and arrogant!

""But if we can manage to gag that little voice we can do what we want without that remorse thing I was talking about. If the woman in question feels no remorse for killing another human being she is a sociopath. Then again if she has been taught that a "fetus" is not really a human being, then she was being taught by a sociopath, because somewhere along the line there was someone who knew that a "fetus" was a human being, but taught otherwise anyway and then it was just passed on from there. So again, our culture is creating sociopaths."""

Well, it abortion's has been aound for couple thousand years so OH THOSE SOCIOPATHS! They're EVERYWHERE! OH ! OH! HELP!

""Before Roe v. Wade women who got pregnant carried children, ""

NO, not all women carried their pregnancy to term, there were abortions then ... there have been abortions for thousands of years and believing they didn't start until Roe v Wade is just stupidly ignoring the entire history of humans....and denying it won't change it!

""today women carry children. It is the natural thing to do. It is the natural consequence of sex. So it's not forcing a woman to carry the child, it is forcing a woman to make more choices i.e. keep the child or adoption. It worked fine before 01-22-73."""

OMYGAWD! You actually think abortion started in 1973...PUHlease, your total ignorance of human history is mind boggling!

""Did women die from back alley abortions? Absolutely, and it is very sad. Death was the consequence of their selfishness. """

And you're so HAPPY they were punished...couldn't you have settled for the oh-so intelligent Scarlet Letter "A" on their chest?? ( I KNOW you won't know what I'm referring to, it requires an education)

""It is all of our business because it is a law that never should have been passed. This is reality: All actions have consequences. Society has made it okay for us to try to get around them unless they are positive. That is wrong.
So when ever YOU make a mistake you never try to fix it, you just wallow in it helplessly.....sounds pretty dumb!

Old 07-03-2012, 10:38 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,903,542 times
I'm afraid this is about big government conservatives trying to force their personal views on other people. You can't say you're for small government yet demand the government have the power to force things like this. I'm more convinced then ever that most conservatives do not, in fact, want small government and instead they just want government to be bigger in areas they like. So that raises the question of which form of big government I like better since that is our only two options.

So far, I'm not liking much from either side but I'm liking the Republican position a whole lot less, which is sad, because it didn't used to be that way.

Old 07-03-2012, 10:40 AM

1,438 posts, read 1,145,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
LOL! I adore all these Anti-Women/Anti-Choice people who are just swimming in women who have abortions...
I can just see how they operate...they meet a woman , shake hands and immediately start asking her if she's had an abortion...and of course, ALL these THOUSANDS of women spill their guts...and show remorse to their Father FigurePoster
NOT! RIDICULOUS....
Have you ever tried REAL facts???
Ummm..... Father FigurePoster? I'm a woman. And not Thousands of women, about 13.

Have YOU ever tried REAL facts???

Old 07-03-2012, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
Oh, I realize it won't stop. I'm not worried about that. I'm worried about legal abortion (murder).

If a woman is in danger of losing her life, I can agree with abortion. If it's a tramp who (along with her baby daddy to be) made a bad decision, which is probably 1,000,000 times more likely, OUTLAW IT. I could care less if those women are relegated to back room abortions. If it is not legal and readily available, maybe these people will think twice before having sex without protection. Then again, as our population continues its demographic shift towards third world staus, I don't expect rational decision making to prevail.
And there we have it folks......a "pro-lifer" has finally admitted that they are aware women will be maimed and die if abortion is banned..........AND THEY DON'T CARE...... THEY ARE FINE WITH IT.

So much for the contention that Republicans.....the "pro{fetal}life" party......are not waging a WAR ON WOMEN.

Last edited by Annie53; 07-03-2012 at 11:47 AM..

Old 07-03-2012, 10:54 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,903,542 times
This is good news.

Old 07-03-2012, 11:03 AM

1,438 posts, read 1,145,590 times
"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish."
-Mother Teresa
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
It's really funny, Person and SoD, that you both are all about the welfare of the fetus inside the womb but the moment he or she is out? "NOPE! I DON'T WANT *MY* TAX DOLLARS PAYING FOR THAT WELFARE RECIPIENT! THAT WOMAN SHOULDN'T HAVE THAT BABY. IT'S AS IF...AS IF THERE WAS SOMEWAY FOR THAT CHILD TO NOT HAVE BEEN BORN." Not to mention it's hilarious that you also don't care about the life of the woman - which is ironic, right Person?

Keep up with the bigotry and ignorance you two. The liberals sure do love laughing at you. Oh and since I know you two love to make incorrect assumptions and label people blindly, I'll save you the trouble - I'm no liberal, I'm Centrist. Thanks for coming!
You have obviously not read any of my posts. I have absolutely no problem with my tax dollars going to welfare, and I have said this repeatedly! My only problem when people abuse the system. So unless you actually read my posts, don't comment on them because you look like an idiot.

The thing that pisses me off about this story is the outrage by you people! You would think that, after the death of the girl which is the cause of all of this, you people who are sooooo concerned with womens health would want a trained professional that can prescribe her with meds if she needs them, instead of just techs who are trained only for abortions who have had 1 year of school. So who is the person who is really concerned with womens health here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So when ever YOU make a mistake you never try to fix it, you just wallow in it helplessly.....sounds pretty dumb!
Don't you ever get tired of spinning peoples words? It seems exhausting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
I'm afraid this is about big government conservatives trying to force their personal views on other people. You can't say you're for small government yet demand the government have the power to force things like this. I'm more convinced then ever that most conservatives do not, in fact, want small government and instead they just want government to be bigger in areas they like. So that raises the question of which form of big government I like better since that is our only two options.

So far, I'm not liking much from either side but I'm liking the Republican position a whole lot less, which is sad, because it didn't used to be that way.
So the government can tell you that you can do something but if they tell you that you can't its wrong? Makes no sense.

Old 07-03-2012, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
You have admitted yourself that some of your talking points were wrong, whether you realize it or not.

I have actually TALKED to women who have had abortions. Women in my family have had abortions. Do I think less of them for it? No, because we all make stupid mistakes. But I do pray for them. Most of the women I have met regret it, and tell me how depressed they were after it. Others feel absolutely no remorse and resemble sociopaths, which is what our culture is telling them it's okay.

So, women in your family have had abortions.....aren't you Catholic? I thought "good Catholic girls" didn't have abortions......only liberals and heathens had abortions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies