Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2012, 04:42 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
Oh, I realize it won't stop. I'm not worried about that. I'm worried about legal abortion (murder).

If a woman is in danger of losing her life, I can agree with abortion. If it's a tramp who (along with her baby daddy to be) made a bad decision, which is probably 1,000,000 times more likely, OUTLAW IT. I could care less if those women are relegated to back room abortions. If it is not legal and readily available, maybe these people will think twice before having sex without protection. Then again, as our population continues its demographic shift towards third world staus, I don't expect rational decision making to prevail.
Frankly, I don't care if you agree with it or not.
All women who want abortions are "tramps"? Really.
Outlawing it will cause women to die. Period.

I understand that you don't care about women, only the fetus and only until it's born. If you want to play games, use the proper terminology.
Adopting lately?
Or just condemning women.

How about this, when you get pregnant, you get to decide.
Until then, not so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2012, 04:44 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Or she can find a couple that cannot have children to adopt and have them semi-support you until the child is delivered.
You want to force women to carry an unwanted fetus?
Unwanted is the key.
What are you going to do, jail them? Lock them in a basement and force them to breed?

Old 07-03-2012, 04:53 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times
Wonderful sign posted yesterday at the front of the clinic after the federal judge's decision that it can stay open until a ruling on the law that would essentially close it -- Happy Independence Day, indeed:
Attached Thumbnails
Mississippi Set To Become First State Where Abortion Is Not Offered-happy_independence_day.jpg  

Old 07-03-2012, 04:58 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
Keep your sick, demented mindset away from unborn children.
Keep your rigid, anti-freedom, pre-death personal opinions out of my uterus.

Old 07-03-2012, 05:18 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
You have admitted yourself that some of your talking points were wrong, whether you realize it or not.

I have actually TALKED to women who have had abortions. Women in my family have had abortions. Do I think less of them for it? No, because we all make stupid mistakes. But I do pray for them. Most of the women I have met regret it, and tell me how depressed they were after it. Others feel absolutely no remorse and resemble sociopaths, which is what our culture is telling them it's okay.

"It's okay to be a sociopath and not feel remorse for doing something wrong, because the only ones who think it's wrong are the right wing Jesus freaks." This is not only the attitude for abortion, but for a lot of things that, most, people consider immoral. We are screwed when more people care about the freaking saplings than an unborn child.

What made you go away from the pro-life movement, if you don't mind me asking?

I don't think all of your posts are dumb just.... the dumb ones.

They don't answer things that they don't have talking points for.
Seriously...the self congratulatory stuff is getting old.

There were many things that made me leave the pro life movement. The hypocrisy, the hatred of women, the faux outrage for 'babies' but the outright disdain for the women who were involved and the lies. Oooooh, the lies... Using photos that were from medical textbooks or medically relevant abortions very late term (ya know, the ones where the fetus doesn't have a brain or spinal chord etc.) or miscarriages that wer no fault of the woman and using them on signs and telling women that this is what they're doing etc. It was blatant lying and emotional coercion and I just couldn't be a part of that movement.

After talking to many women who had abortions (under the guise of pro life counseling, of course) I realized that these women were autonomous beings who thought long and hard to make a very difficult decision and surprisingly did not regret it. My pro life people always told me that they did regret it, but wouldn't admit it. After actually talking to these women, I believed the women.

Having access to safe abortions is extremely important. Why doesn't the pro life movement focus more on providing contraception and education to PREVENT the abortion in the first place? It seems to me the same pro life movement who is trying to ban abortion are the same people trying to block women from using contraception and blocking schools from teaching comprehensive sex-ed. Why is that? I'm very pro-choice and I spend a lot time trying to educate women to prevent abortions from happening, yet the people trying to BAN them aren't? Isn't that odd?

Old 07-03-2012, 05:35 PM

464 posts, read 479,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahC View Post
So, how do pro-life people feel about women who are raped getting an abortion?
Well according to janelle144, they should grin and bear it like their ancestors.

Which btw janelle144, you never did answer my question. Should I grin and bear it like my ancestors did on the Carolina plantation?

Old 07-03-2012, 05:47 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,268,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Or she can find a couple that cannot have children to adopt and have them semi-support you until the child is delivered.

yes force a woman to have a baby she doesn't want because it was the product of a violent act against her. Her mental state is already in shambles, and you want to force her to bear the child of the person who forced her to have sex against her will.

Depraved isn't a strong enough word to describe this kind of disgusting sentiment.

Old 07-03-2012, 05:47 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Seriously...the self congratulatory stuff is getting old.

There were many things that made me leave the pro life movement. The hypocrisy, the hatred of women, the faux outrage for 'babies' but the outright disdain for the women who were involved and the lies. Oooooh, the lies... Using photos that were from medical textbooks or medically relevant abortions very late term (ya know, the ones where the fetus doesn't have a brain or spinal chord etc.) or miscarriages that wer no fault of the woman and using them on signs and telling women that this is what they're doing etc. It was blatant lying and emotional coercion and I just couldn't be a part of that movement.

After talking to many women who had abortions (under the guise of pro life counseling, of course) I realized that these women were autonomous beings who thought long and hard to make a very difficult decision and surprisingly did not regret it. My pro life people always told me that they did regret it, but wouldn't admit it. After actually talking to these women, I believed the women.

Having access to safe abortions is extremely important. Why doesn't the pro life movement focus more on providing contraception and education to PREVENT the abortion in the first place? It seems to me the same pro life movement who is trying to ban abortion are the same people trying to block women from using contraception and blocking schools from teaching comprehensive sex-ed. Why is that? I'm very pro-choice and I spend a lot time trying to educate women to prevent abortions from happening, yet the people trying to BAN them aren't? Isn't that odd?
It really isn't odd since Anti-Choicers don't really care about "life", just punishing women who enjoy sex.
One poster even expressed that the women who died from back-alley abortions got what they deserved, she LIKED that!!!

I applaud your post ...it shows your compassion and intelligence on the subject.

Old 07-03-2012, 07:59 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
yes force a woman to have a baby she doesn't want because it was the product of a violent act against her. Her mental state is already in shambles, and you want to force her to bear the child of the person who forced her to have sex against her will.

Depraved isn't a strong enough word to describe this kind of disgusting sentiment.
But....but....they are soooo concerned about the so-called trauma a woman endures when she has an abortion.....an abortion that is not forced upon her against her will, BTW.

Women should be "counseled", encouraged, or FORCED to fulfill their destiny as incubators.....at all cost.....otherwise....they cannot possibly ever attain true happiness.

Old 07-03-2012, 10:13 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Why doesn't the pro life movement focus more on providing contraception and education to PREVENT the abortion in the first place? It seems to me the same pro life movement who is trying to ban abortion are the same people trying to block women from using contraception and blocking schools from teaching comprehensive sex-ed. Why is that? I'm very pro-choice and I spend a lot time trying to educate women to prevent abortions from happening, yet the people trying to BAN them aren't? Isn't that odd?
Well said!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies