Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2012, 01:13 PM

8,887 posts, read 5,368,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
taking care of an injured cat is not a right. putting huge blocks for women to overcome in order to exercise their right to privacy and medical care when it is the law of the land is nothing more then judgmental control. we live in america not some 3rd world
Both myself and the abortion-seeking in Mississipi are in a similar pickle. We have the right to choose to kill our unborn or treat our injured pet. The gubamint has not incurred an obligation to provide us with the most convenient way to exercise our right to choose. Just as the abortion-minded in Mississipi may have to cross state lines, I may have to do the same.

Now do I drive or take the train?
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 01:15 PM

464 posts, read 479,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirate05 View Post
So deal with it.
People have to live with their decisions all the time. When you start taking away repsonsibility there is no longer a need to even think about the choices you make.
Those women are dealing with it. They are doing a responsible thing by having an abortion if that is what they choose to do. They are doing what is best for them and their situation.

Old 07-16-2012, 01:30 PM

226 posts, read 213,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafChick View Post
Those women are dealing with it. They are doing a responsible thing by having an abortion if that is what they choose to do. They are doing what is best for them and their situation.

Wouldnt the responsible thing be them using protection in the 1st place?
Doesn't responsibility mean dealing with the consequences of your decisions?

They are doing the easy thing, not the responsible thing.

Old 07-16-2012, 02:06 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,062,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirate05 View Post
Wouldnt the responsible thing be them using protection in the 1st place?
Doesn't responsibility mean dealing with the consequences of your decisions?

They are doing the easy thing, not the responsible thing.
Several pages back, I mentioned a married couple that I am friends with. They made the decision to never have kids, but awhile back she became pregnant when their birth control failed. They made the decision to have an abortion.

I asked why this couple, who did not want children and were taking steps to prevent pregnancy, should be forced to go through with something neither of them wanted. I never really did get a satisfactory answer, so maybe you would like to take a shot at it.

Also, were they not being responsible in terminating the pregnancy? They dealt with the consequences, did they not?

Old 07-16-2012, 02:10 PM

8,887 posts, read 5,368,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
They dealt with the consequences, did they not?
I'd say their unborn child paid a higher price.

Old 07-16-2012, 02:19 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,062,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
I'd say their unborn child paid a higher price.
Don't worry, it didn't feel a thing.

Old 07-16-2012, 02:23 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,329,735 times
Someone said it earlier: just leave the state. This is the same state where the people vote to save fetuses on one hand and vote for a guy who pardons murderers and rapists on the other. Seriously, why anyone would want to live in Mississippi is beyond me.

Old 07-16-2012, 02:30 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
We still have people on here defending the murder of babies?

Sigh.

Old 07-16-2012, 02:31 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
If I have to go elsewhere to get plastic surgery I have to go.

I may have to go into NYC for my injured cat ..... should I sue Connecticut?
No because Connecticut is a suburb of NYC.

Old 07-16-2012, 02:33 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
Both myself and the abortion-seeking in Mississipi are in a similar pickle. We have the right to choose to kill our unborn or treat our injured pet. The gubamint has not incurred an obligation to provide us with the most convenient way to exercise our right to choose. Just as the abortion-minded in Mississipi may have to cross state lines, I may have to do the same.

Now do I drive or take the train?
treating a pet is not a constitutional right. a woman's right to privacy is. she should never have to travel out of state to exercise her rights or to get medical care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies