Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 01:40 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,204,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySwelly View Post
Just like you wouldn't like any nominees that the Dems would bring up in an election year?

It's weird on both sides. It's like one side is the bad guy, yet the other side does THE EXACT SAME THINGS.

Dems: "Stupid teabaggers."
Reps: "Stupid *******s."

The ideologies are different but the politics are all the same.
Anyone who actually uses phrases like 'teabaggers' or '*******s' in real conversation is screaming to the world how ignorant they are, in my opinion...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2012, 01:43 PM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times
" Romney will always flip flop, trying to be all things to all people."

If you feel that way about Romney it is very clear you do not support Obama, so who gets your vote?

Utube is full of Obama before and afters.

Romney has been in politics longer than Obama and yet Obama has a littany of reversals that far exceed the number of MR position changes.

Obama doesn't even feel the need to expalin his reversed positions. That hubris is enough to discount him as a viable candidate to be re-elected.

Old 07-03-2012, 11:09 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,309,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5e3deluxe View Post
Um, no.

I love threads like this. I have doubled the size of my ignore list (which consists of nothing but teabaggers) in this thread alone.

I refuse to even acknowledge the existence of teabaggers any more. I know they're there, but I won't dignify their existence. When they reveal themselves, off to the ignore list they go.
Same here. I don't acknowledge the existence teabaggers. But I do acknowledge the Tea Party.

Old 07-03-2012, 11:10 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,827,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Almost every politician is full of crap and fake, including Obama. Many of them however are good at hiding it, but this Romney guy just seems to ooze it.

I could smell his bs a mile away.

Am I the only one??
Not near as much as the other guy.

Old 07-03-2012, 11:14 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
You know the answer OP. Romney is a snake oil salesman that only desires the office of POTUS as a trophy. He has no real will or intent to actually serve the average American. His plastered on Miss America phony smile is obnoxious. Cannot wait until he is out of the limelight.

Old 07-03-2012, 11:15 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,902,718 times
Romney comes across as a grade A turd. But as far as turds go, he doesn't smell as bad as the turd we have in office today. I guess I'll take my chances with the next turd in line.

Old 07-03-2012, 11:41 PM

276 posts, read 236,216 times
Quote:
Is it me, or does Romney just come across as super fake and full of crap?
Only if you're not bothered by a Nobel Peace Prize winner sending drones to kill civilians and keeping Gitmo open.

Old 07-04-2012, 12:34 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
He seems like an elitist snob & the type who favors the rich for sure. He wants lots more wars as if they're free, just print up
another trillion or more & who cares if a million are dead or disabled if corps make billions.

He also showed his lack of sympathy for sick & dying by indicating he disapproves of medical marijuana. He said about cannabis re-legalization "aren't there any important questions?" Mr Romney, & Prez Obama,
how you deny the public the #1 request when it may determine painful disability or not, life or death?

Us attys arrested MI MMJ patients with cancer or whatever & said they were facing up to 5 years in prison if they live that long. DEA sent threatening letters to governors in states with medical programs, and bldg owners in CA were told their buildings would be seized if they didn't close the dispensaries.
How about some info in the form of a link about how many people need marijuana. Really I would like to know about that since a few are so bound up on getting it. How do we make sure that only those few people get to use what they buy? How long before they want it for free?

Seriously I would like to know these things if you can come up with some facts and figures.

Old 07-04-2012, 12:47 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Romney has ZERO charisma. he is like a fake robot. Folks fall asleep when he gives a speech. It is words being read or words that were memorized and are being repeated. He is awful with off the cuff discusions because he needs a script or coaching ahead of time on what to say (and what NOT to say).

When Obama speaks, it is from the heart. He is talking to people and they listen.

Even the GOP had a hard time choosing Romney as their nominee. Now they are stuck with him. Many will hold their nose when they vote for him, because they really don't like him at all but they like the party.

Romney is a flip flopper and will do as his political puppet masters direct him. These behind-the-scenes political consultants aer watching polls and analyzing topics and telling Romney what to say, how to react, what to care about.
Well Prince Barack sure convinced a lot of people that they would never see their taxes go up while he was in office and he had to accept putting his name on the Bush tax cuts last year to keep that from happening to all of the tax paying class. Now he has stuck that Obamacare on us and is financing it through taxation and don't tell me that our taxes won't rise from that.

When Obama speaks it is from what he reads from his teleprompters, not from his heart. Those words aren't written by him before getting on the machine. You really do have a time with these things, don't you. I don't like Romney very much but I like Obama a lot less and that is plenty of reason to vote for Romney.

Old 07-04-2012, 12:49 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Mitt Romney is like a sleezy used car salesman. He has no vision. The heart of his campaign is to get rid of Obama.
Yep.

Remember 2004, when Democrats tried to run an anti-Bush? That didn't work out so well. The right painted him as a flip flopper with no platform beyond "I'm not Bush." The smear campaign against him was mostly based on lies, but it still worked.

Now, the GOP has picked a guy who takes flip flopping and lack of principle to previously unimagined levels. Romney is probably a decent human being, but he's so desperate for power that he'll say and do anything to win. It comes off as desperate, out of touch, dishonest, and weak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies