Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 12:46 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times

Advertisements

A little girl on girl sex can be viewed as just fun.....one night with a little to much to drink.

But, two men.......gay.

Just like it is fine for two girl to dance together.

Old 12-31-2014, 01:48 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
No there are plenty of lesbians. Most people just fixate on the evils of gay men having sex. They don't really like to bring up us lesbians because they might get turned on.
I can't believe anyone with her head on straight would make such a comment. I have a lot of gay and lesbian friends and a lesbian foster daughter. Your comment about gay men having sex, has nothing to do with anything.

Gay men are just a little more open than lesbians about the sexual orientation. It is part of the male personality.

Old 12-31-2014, 01:54 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
According to all the research and the educated, evidence-based opinions of health professionals, sexual orientation is not caused by child sexual abuse.

For example, from the 2009 Wilson and Widom longitudinal study of over 900 people who were sexually abused as children:
"We also found no connections between childhood physical abuse, sexual abuse, or neglect and romantic cohabitation with a same-sex partner.
These results were consistent for men and women and support the conclusions of Bell et al. (1981) that early parenting experiences, positive or negative, play little direct role in the development of sexual orientation"
(Wilson & Widom, 2009)

The American Academy of Pediatricians which represents over 60,000 pediatricians states:
"there is no scientific evidence that abnormal parenting, sexual abuse, or other adverse life events influence sexual orientation."

The Royal College of Psychiatrists states:
"Despite almost a century of psychoanalytic and psychological speculation, there is no substantive evidence to support the suggestion that the nature of parenting or early childhood experiences play any role in the formation of a person’s fundamental heterosexual or homosexual orientation. It would appear that sexual orientation is biological in nature, determined by a complex interplay of genetic factors and the early uterine environment."
Studies can show whatever they want. I know a couple of cases where their early childhood apparently did play a part in their sexual orientation. I think others have to do with genes.No one has been able to prove the reason, and a few studies are not scientific proof.

Old 12-31-2014, 02:13 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,930,564 times
The answer is unknowable and irrelevant. Since "gayness" can be supressed and hidden and in many cases not be apparent even to the person that is gay, how can there be any accounting of who is or who isn't gay? How can this be further segregated by gender, itself a mutable concept for some sub-groups within the gay community? Thus the answer is unknowable and the question is irrelevant because even if the answer were known it wouldn't change the incidence or the acceptance, or not, of gayness one iota.

H

Old 12-31-2014, 02:35 PM

27,139 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
On most forums such as this, the number of homosexual posters who are men vastly outnumber the number who are women. In real life, it also appears somewhat this way. Gay men have far more spotlight than do lesbians. The city where I live (Charlotte) has like 5-6 bars for gay men but only one for lesbians. A research report I read back in the '90s said that there are 10 gay men for every lesbian. Is homosexuality really more common in men than in women and if so, why might this be?

Men are more willing to go outside the boundaries and woman seek security?

Old 12-31-2014, 02:50 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I can't believe anyone with her head on straight would make such a comment. I have a lot of gay and lesbian friends and a lesbian foster daughter. Your comment about gay men having sex, has nothing to do with anything.

Gay men are just a little more open than lesbians about the sexual orientation. It is part of the male personality.
I AM a lesbian, and I see the way gay men are treated and spoken about as compared to lesbians. Look at any gay thread on P&OC and you will see people ranting on and on about gay men having sex, and on and on and on. You almost never see anything against lesbians.

We tend to fly under the radar whereas gay males get picked on and ranted against.

Old 12-31-2014, 03:02 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,822,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Go to a WNBA game, its like a softball coach convention.
espnW -- Gabrielle Ludwig, a 52-year-old transgender women's college basketball player, enjoying best year of her life

Old 12-31-2014, 03:15 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,833,811 times
I live in nyc where there are a ton of gay guys - admittedly, some pretty stylish and good looking.

Why do I not see a bunch of Cinemax quality lesbians walking around making out everywhere? And all gay guys have those token straight girlfriends that hang out almost exclusively with gay guys. Why is it so difficult to find a group of hot lesbians where I am their token straight guy that they change in front of and have sleepovers?

A few weeks ago, I unknowingly strolled into a lesbian tavern for Sunday brunch with my mom and sister - the waitress had a buzz cut, and have me an 8 oz paper cup of soda when everyone else got 20 oz frosted mugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies