Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2012, 03:54 PM

876 posts, read 708,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
seahawkgirl - the bolded part above is what I dislike about this movie.

As if a movie speaks louder than actual political actions. Astounding.

The movie is great at showing obama's political actions over the past four years. Even my 10 year old was interested throughout the whole movie. Never would have imagined it. It was a wonderful way of showing the history of obama's childhood, adulthood and presidency to my child because it mainly did so in obama's own words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 03:57 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
...it mainly did so in obama's own words.
Without ever asking the President a single question via interview.

I'm perfectly capable of learning all about President Obama's political actions on my own - it's all public record.

Old 09-11-2012, 04:12 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:

I'm perfectly capable of learning all about President Obama's political actions on my own - it's all public record.
look up obama and nuclear disarmament ,black liberation theology, his church beliefs are steeped in black power, and his global outlook and his anti-colonialism would be a good start.

Old 09-11-2012, 04:24 PM

876 posts, read 708,620 times
Quote:

Uhhh yeah. There are thousand's of hours of footage that are at your disposal if you want to have at it. D'nesh did it for us. And a lot of the movie was narrated from obama's books in his voice. If he still believes half of what he said he believed while writing his books, it is a very scarey thing.

Old 09-11-2012, 04:46 PM

537 posts, read 818,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
look up obama and nuclear disarmament ,black liberation theology, his church beliefs are steeped in black power, and his global outlook and his anti-colonialism would be a good start.
Again. HOW IS ANTI-COLONIALISM EVEN REMOTELY ANTI-AMERICAN? ZOMG, he opposes British Colonialism, he is a radical who is unfit to lead a country FOUNDED BY PEOPLE OPPOSED TO BRITISH COLONIALISM!

Old 09-11-2012, 04:49 PM

537 posts, read 818,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Ahh..truth is hard to swallow, isn't it. So, when we don't like what someone says, we call it "stupid".
No, he was correct to call her stupid because her tone implied that anyone who defends Obama from bogus conspiracy theories is a blind worshipper of him.

Old 09-11-2012, 04:49 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Many in the world today think of America as a colonialist country and hate us for it. Scary thing is Obama thinks the way they do.

Old 09-11-2012, 04:50 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,842,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
Uhhh yeah. There are thousand's of hours of footage that are at your disposal if you want to have at it. D'nesh did it for us. And a lot of the movie was narrated from obama's books in his voice. If he still believes half of what he said he believed while writing his books, it is a very scarey thing.
I've read Obama's books. Perhaps you could be a little more specific about what is scary about them.

Old 09-11-2012, 04:55 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,842,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Many in the world today think of America as a colonialist country and hate us for it. Scary thing is Obama thinks the way they do.
Um, it could be because we did have colonies, just ask the people of the Philippines or check with the people of Indochina how they felt when we returned them to colonial French rule.
l

Old 09-11-2012, 05:00 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebrehm View Post
Again. HOW IS ANTI-COLONIALISM EVEN REMOTELY ANTI-AMERICAN? ZOMG, he opposes British Colonialism, he is a radical who is unfit to lead a country FOUNDED BY PEOPLE OPPOSED TO BRITISH COLONIALISM!
You think Obama does not think that for America! He does... steeped in Black Liberation Theology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies