Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 03:27 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I wonder how long it will take for the anti gay bigots to call for a boycott on CNN?...I have always liked Anderson Cooper, and the fact that he has the guts to come out of the closet, considering his position, just causes me to admire him all the more.
You seem to be completely unaware that one of the talking heads at Fox, or as morons say, Faux, is also gay.

So where's your argument now?

Dumb! Really Dumb!

Anybody that didn't already know Anderson was gay is the dumbest of all.

Old 07-02-2012, 03:28 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,072,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Shocking.

Who isn't gay on CNN is what should be the headline. All the testosterone driven meat eaters have been chased off that network.

You do understand that makes no sense to people that are not bigots.

Oh wait, you wouldn't have said it if you did.

Maybe you could explain it to those of us that are not bigots.

Old 07-02-2012, 03:30 PM

813 posts, read 2,030,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Are you "out" about the fact that you're a heterosexual, or do you keep it a discrete secret?
Of course he doesn't "keep it to himself." He probably talks about his spouse and annoying brats all day long. These same homophobes who scream and moan about gay people telling other people they are gay conveniently gloss over all the things they do in there own lives on a daily basis that indicate to others they are indeed heterosexual. They then reduce our relationships to nothing more than talk of "sexual perversion" even if no one mentioned a thing about sex but them. As usual, people in a position of privilege have a difficult time recognizing their fortunate lots in life.

Old 07-02-2012, 03:35 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesjow View Post
Of course he doesn't "keep it to himself." He probably talks about his spouse and annoying brats all day long. These same homophobes who scream and moan about gay people telling other people they are gay conveniently gloss over all the things they do in there own lives on a daily basis that indicate to others they are indeed heterosexual. They then reduce our relationships to nothing more than talk of "sexual perversion" even if no one mentioned a thing about sex but them. As usual, people in a position of privilege have a difficult time recognizing their fortunate lots in lives.
You don't know anything about me other that what I decide to post on these forum pages.

The best gay, is the gay nobody knows is gay.

There's no reason for anyone to know about how gay you are outside of an internet forum where you are free to discuss whatever you want about your personal sex life.

In public, nobody needs to know.

Ever.

If you're teaching my kids, I don't need to know that you're gay, unless you choose to broadcast it and make it part of your classroom agenda.

Then I have a big problem with it.

If you're my employer, or a co-worker I don't need to know how gay you are. It's irrelevant.

If you're my banker, I still don't need to know you're gay.

But if you're on television, or in the public eye, why is everyone supposed to know how gay you are?

Get a life.

Old 07-02-2012, 03:37 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
You don't know anything about me other that what I decide to post on these forum pages.

There's no reason for anyone to know about how gay you are outside of an internet forum where you are free to discuss whatever you want about your personal sex life.

Ever.
So should straight people never talk about their wives/husbands/girlfriends/boyfriends? When we do, is that us talking about our "personal sex lives"?

Old 07-02-2012, 03:44 PM

813 posts, read 2,030,844 times
Quote:

Ever.
I do know you're a homophobe. That's readily apparent from all the nonsense you feel to need to spew here on a daily basis. I also know I am not going to live a lie or keep a massive portion of my life hushed because you're uncomfortable even hearing about it. You wouldn't do it if asked either so quit being a hypocrite.

Old 07-02-2012, 03:44 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Why do these people think we care what type of oral sex they engage in?
Maybe you don't care. But many others do. Forty-two percent of Americans say homosexuality is morally wrong, and 31% of Americans say it should be illegal.

U.S. Acceptance of Gay/Lesbian Relations Is the New Normal

Old 07-02-2012, 03:45 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
So should straight people never talk about their wives/husbands/girlfriends/boyfriends? When we do, is that us talking about our "personal sex lives"?
Oh definitely, just as I was once told on this forum by an allegedly gay poster that pregnant women are broadcasting their sexuality by simply being visible to gay people. How absurd is that?

Why are gay people constantly broadcasting their sexual orientation?

Why did Anderson Cooper decide to "come out"? Because he wanted to show solidarity with bullied gay teens. As if old silverhead's sexual orientation is going to protect the gay kid being harassed, he can stand up and erect a forcefield around himself by saying "Anderson Cooper is gay, that must mean I'm o.k. because Anderson is gay." - Really???

Obviously gay is the new "black". People are divided along heterosexual, or homosexual/bisexual. People "come out" to show solidarity among others similarly afflicted with homosexuality.

Old 07-02-2012, 03:47 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
A better question: Why are homophobes constantly talking about homosexuality?

Old 07-02-2012, 03:48 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times
Quote:
Oh definitely, just as I was once told on this forum by an allegedly gay poster that pregnant women are broadcasting their sexuality by simply being visible to gay people. How absurd is that?
It's completely absurd, just as your assertion that gays are "broadcasting" their sexuality by simply telling people they're gay or talking about their partners is completely absurd.

How is it a straight person talking about his or her spouse or signficant other in the course of conversation different from a gay person talking about his or her spouse or significant other in the course of conversation?

Quote:

Why did Anderson Cooper decide to "come out"? Because he wanted to show solidarity with bullied gay teens. As if old silverhead's sexual orientation is going to protect the gay kid being harassed, he can stand up and erect a forcefield around himself by saying "Anderson Cooper is gay, that must mean I'm o.k. because Anderson is gay." - Really???
Why do you care??????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies