Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 07:15 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,279,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Yeah, who cares what ill affects it will have on the country? As long as it ticks off the side that opposes it, who cares?

Most likely it will make it easier for some people to get insurance. If you already have it it obviously isn't going to affect you.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:19 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Most likely it will make it easier for some people to get insurance. If you already have it it obviously isn't going to affect you.
Wrong. I know you buy into those promises that everyone can keep their plan and doctor, but we already know situations will come up where people will not be able to keep their plan or doctor.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:26 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by to570717 View Post
No your wrong.....We are paying more money now for them by letting them get medical attention without insurance.

We are upping the ante on personal responsibility.....

I am against it because it was never a federal matter in the 1st place. medicare and medicaid set aside, which not everyone qualifies for in the 1st place. as soon as congress made it so a citizen could only buy insurance in the state where they lived, health insurance stopped being a national issue and became a state and individual issue.

also, health care is not a right. plus I do not see anywhere in our founding documents where the federal goverment is supposed to be nanny from cradle to grave.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:41 AM

46,276 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
So, you have no clue, just like all the dems.....you musta not read it either.....

Old 07-04-2012, 07:48 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,903,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post

People on the front lines again..... 99% are NOT Happy about this!
Hospitals are making money because of the huge charges they charge to insurance companies.
There are not enough dr.'s now!!!
Where do you get 99%? The reason there are not enough doctors is the restrictions put on admissions to our medical schools by the AMA. Thank goodness for all the foriegn doctors that have come here!

Quote:
States can opt of of extended care and will do so too!
Yes they can, they can also opt out of the expanded Medicaid program so we will continue to pay for these people through higher fees or just let them die.

Quote:
Dr's do not get paid for medicaid/medicare patients.
What planet are you from? Many doctors, especially in rural areas make their living off of Medicare/Medicaid. If it wasn't for these programs, they would not have a practice.
Guess when time come you are going to NOT sign up for Social Security/Medicare considering your dislike for government run programs.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:49 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickNicaG69 View Post
I realize this question might generate a plethora of answers which essentially contain a barrage of criticism arising from the passions of partisanship (or vice versa), but I am willing to undergo this risk in the hope of obtaining a few thoughtful responses that reflect patriotic, principled, and sensible viewpoints.

As I believe the best advice is to lead by example here is mine: I am for the Health Care Law (aka OBAMACARE) because, aside from attempting to address the healthcare problem in our country in the first place, it is, after all I believe, a middle of the path measure, which can be improved upon to make it better and move the country forward. Just the fact that health insurance companies will no longer be able to discriminate against people, set lifetime limits, and unreasonably hike fees was enough to get my vote, regardless of the health insurance mandate. I am particularly thoughtful of the fact that, theoretically, if every individual is not poor, then everyone pays for their ride, an incentive for any conservative to end poverty. I understand the sense of "injustice" by taxing higher income individuals, but, in this, I am like the ancient Roman nobles who, when threatened by the Carthaginians, agreed to pay themselves for complete armies and navies given the dire situation their country was in.

But, what do you think??
I am against it because once the government start to pay for my health who knows what they will want to make me do next for my health!! nothing is free in this world. either we pay health care with our freedoms or we pay for our health care with our own money. we cant have both!

Old 07-04-2012, 08:14 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by to570717 View Post
So by your logic we are better off in this society with uninsured people so that the lines are not long at the hospital?

I work in healthcare and we on the front lines are happy about this. People who can pay mean more money coming into the hospital and this we can loosen the belt that has been tightened.

Also, even if Medicare paid its regular 45%-75% of the actual cost, that is still much better than zero.

Those of us that actually work in this field are happy about it. Partisian hacks can keep drinking their hatoraid....
I call BS on that. I work in health care too at a hospital and many, many of us (including our CEO) are very against it. The $500 billion medicare cut is going to hurt everyone in health care either directly or indirectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
I hear this "The doctors are going to leave" all the time now. Where the hell are they going, Canada, Germany, Greece, India? Change careers to be rocket scientists, stock brokers? If so they should never gotten into the business in the first place. Adios, everyone is replaceable and will be eventually, and always have.
Many of those near retirement age will simply retire early. Others will choose other related fields. My cousin, who is a family practice doctor, is transitioning out of patient care altogether too. He has a side business of medical practice investment management and also teaches for the University of Illinois med school. You can hide your head in the sand and pretend that doctors won't leave, but many are...

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No doctor is going to leave. Who told you that. You are so ill informed, I just don't know where to begin
You, natalie, are the ill informed one. Perhaps you should begin with self educating.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No doctor is going to leave. Who told you that. You are so ill informed, I just don't know where to begin
no doctor will lieve it will be agaisnt the law, stay or go to jail. its what will come down to with Obama care

Old 07-04-2012, 08:31 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
no doctor will lieve it will be agaisnt the law, stay or go to jail. its what will come down to with Obama care

they are not leaving, they will be retiring. when goverment employees can retire after only 20 years, then doctors can do the same.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
they are not leaving, they will be retiring. when goverment employees can retire after only 20 years, then doctors can do the same.
yes you are right but once those that retire and those that were able to go some where else. the U.S.A. would have a shortage of doctors so severe that the ones that are left would be compelled by the government to stay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies