Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 12:58 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times

Advertisements

C-D already has a good anti-obesity thread here-

When Did it Become Okay to Start Hating the Obese?

Old 07-04-2012, 12:58 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzane View Post
Before I start I am on my iPod touch so ingnore auto correct errors

Ever since mainstream home entertaiment tec and fast food we have seen a massive increase in fat people and this was only a problem with out medical system however now fat people are telling fat kids that they are. " fine as they are" while they shovel fast food in to their kids mouth telling them that it's not their fault they are fat.

If these trends countine we are going to have a large problem with a high number of fat kids who hav been brainwashed to beleve that they can never lose the weight because of xyz condition and it will be more common for kids to have heart atacks or die early because people want to be politicly correct and not hurt the fat persons feelings

I have noting aginst a fat person who accepts that their weight is their fault but those fat people out there who make excuses, say that it's not their fault and try to convince others that just because they are fat they are not unhealthy should be ashamed of themselves! I will never respect someone who can't even take reaolnsblity for their own actions and fat people who do this should be publicly shunned and people who let their kids get fat should be charges with child abuse

I think a tv add campaign what explains that if you are fat it's your fault, it's unhealthy and your responblity to fix is in order

Anyway what's your thoughts on this?
Do you drink, take drugs, smoke, gamble, cheat on your spouse/partner, beat your spouse/girlfriend/boyfriend, cheat on your taxes, buy things you can't afford, text or talk on your cell phone while driving, have unprotected sex, kill your babies, don't pay your bills or loans, etc...what are your kids learning from you?
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies