Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 06:38 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,479,283 times

Advertisements

irishvanguard said:
"Typical ignorant, judgemental statement from you.

I would dare say that university graduates with at least two Chemistry credits and two Calculus credits are rarely liberal. Liberals tend to have an education more skewered to the Humanities."
--------------------------------

Truth hurts, doesn't it? How would you know what types of classes liberals take? You didnt even step foot in a college. LOLROFL.

The real stats show that college educated folks are more likely to vote democrat vs GOP. So now you are making up your own stats and splitting by type of degree, trying to dumb down the liberals into the less technical areas. Good try, but you are wrong (and uneducated).

Last edited by sware2cod; 07-04-2012 at 06:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2012, 06:39 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,277,553 times
[quote=sware2cod;25018455]
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post

Truth hurts, doesn't it? How would you know what types of classes liberals take? You didnt even step foot in a college. LOLROFL.

The real stats show that college educated folks are more likely to vote democrat vs GOP. So now you are making up your own stats and splitting by type of degree, trying to dumb down the liberals into the less technical areas. Good try, but you are wrong (and uneducated).
Oh Snap!

Old 07-04-2012, 06:40 AM

37,800 posts, read 41,003,240 times
I'm going to go with the libs on this one. Educated, to me, implies school learning. However, it does not imply smart.

Smart, to me, implies the ability to use what you know. Too many educated people, in my opinion, lack the ability to apply what they know. That's why they stay in the university environment. You know, they've read about shoe lace tying, write books about shoe lace tying, made presentations on shoe lace tying, studied shoe lace tying, got a degree in shoe lace tying, researched shoe lace tying, brag that they are experts in shoe lace tying, but never really went out in the real world and tied their shoe laces to earn a living.

A few of them were President Obama's group of advisors but left and went back to the university with their respective tails between their legs. Christina Romer comes immediately to mind, Goolsbee is another. Definitely educated but not very good at their White House economic jobs and didn't last long in them before heading back to their safe university cocoons. There are more.

Old 07-04-2012, 06:42 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,876,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Yeah, they've arrived and somehow can't manage to find a job.

How stupid is that!

LMAO@them.
I'm not sure why you would "LMAO@them"? You sound resentful of people who were able to obtain a higher education degree. Are you implying that without a degree they would be employed with a good paying job? I'm not clear as to why anyone would find enjoyment in another person's hard knocks.
The truth is that nobody is going to get far in life without some type of higher education, it doesn't have to be "college". It can be technical school, trade school, cosmetology school, whatever.

Old 07-04-2012, 06:44 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:

Where are your real stats?

It is well known, there are more college educated conservatives, than there are progressives.

3/4 of the progressive voting base are uneducated poor entitlement parasites the other 1/4 are the elite, my crap don't stink, ruling class.

Old 07-04-2012, 06:44 AM

3,709 posts, read 4,627,449 times
Quote:

Sorry, but it is a fact that liberals typically avoid these courses. Thanks for such a classy post, though. I can see that you were absent class.

Old 07-04-2012, 06:46 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,876,170 times
[quote=BentBow;25018489][quote=sware2cod;25018455]

Where are your real stats?

It is well known, there are more college educated conservatives, than there are progressives.

QUOTE]

Please show me some stats on this, as I respectfully disagree.

http://progressivepolicy.org/more-co...ocratic-voters

Last edited by skyegirl; 07-04-2012 at 06:48 AM.. Reason: addition of link

Old 07-04-2012, 06:50 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I'm going to go with the libs on this one. Educated, to me, implies school learning. However, it does not imply smart.

Smart, to me, implies the ability to use what you know. Too many educated people, in my opinion, lack the ability to apply what they know. That's why they stay in the university environment. You know, they've read about shoe lace tying, write books about shoe lace tying, made presentations on shoe lace tying, studied shoe lace tying, got a degree in shoe lace tying, researched shoe lace tying, brag that they are experts in shoe lace tying, but never really went out in the real world and tied their shoe laces to earn a living.

A few of them were President Obama's group of advisors but left and went back to the university with their respective tails between their legs. Christina Romer comes immediately to mind, Goolsbee is another. Definitely educated but not very good at their White House economic jobs and didn't last long in them before heading back to their safe university cocoons. There are more.
Is that educated or indoctrinated? I mean sure there is education involved but then everything in life offers you the opprotunity to learn.
I built a jeep from a rolling chasis. It not only was an experience but also an education. I learned projects of this nature will break the budget and fast. Life is an education and no classroom setting can replace life experience. I deal with college grads and have to wonder if their parents feel like they got robbed.

Old 07-04-2012, 06:51 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
Being educated is a byproduct of a number of factors including work and life experiences, social interactions, and emotional intelligence..basically none of which college can teach you. Some of my most successful friends worth millions now didn't even go to college, and some that did dropped out after a couple years to start their own gigs. Know some folks with PHds now working the barista at Starbucks, probably even a few on here complaining about how life isn't fair blaming someone else
Your work ethic , your ability to self teach, and how you manage your time and interact with others are all far more critical to ones success in life than getting a diploma, contrived from professors ..many of whom have probably never gotten their hands dirty in the real world.
Why do liberals think what you do in only in the confines a Unversity makes one "educated"?

Well, this Liberal doesn't think that's always true so your question is invalid.

AND IF a person had enough education they would KNOW the title of the thread is false.

I could ask, why are Republicans so afraid of education???

It really isn't that scary and you might LEARN something! Try it, you may find education enjoyable!!!

Old 07-04-2012, 06:53 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,479,283 times
Quote:

Sorry, but it is a fact that liberals typically avoid these courses.

You are wrong. You made this up on a whim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies