Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 03:34 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,391,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
When you tell a lie long enough it becomes the truth. Russian tactics and gun rights nuts all the same stuff. It quacks like a duck as well.

This is true which is why I won't believe anybody usually right off the bat without putting some thought into it. But profiling does have some truth to it at the same time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2012, 03:35 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Give us some examples of this drivel you are posting.

It is no supprize that obama wants to control the media and innernet.
If it is no surprise, even you know what he is wanting to do. Wouldn't that be a lot like what Hitler did in taking over Germany?

Old 07-05-2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Signing a treaty trumps our US Constitution, all without any of the hoops needed to actually amend the Constitution.
Well the Constitution says in Article VI, Section 2 that the Constitution and treaties make up the Supreme Law of the land but the Court involved has always ruled that the Constitution is the supremest but who knows what Roberts might do if that question comes up and we know what the 3 girls and Breyer would say about it

Old 07-05-2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Hey Don - how ya doing? Been a while.

You may or may not know this, but I'm a huge gun rights guy. I take very seriously any threat to our 2nd Amendment rights.

You should read this:
Limited Government in Relation to The Constitution's Treaty Clause

Take care.

(PS - The '80s flick "Valley Girl" [1983] was on yesterday, and I noticed a persistent contrail in the sky during one shot. Thought you might like to know, as it directly contradicts the whole notion that "chemtrails" were started in the '90s.)
Darned good article but I wonder just how much some of the more recent people who took the oath really meant it when they repeated the words. Obama considers the Constitution to be only a speed bump in his way and several Congressmen and women think the same way. Words have meaning, Obama once said, but they mean what he wants them to mean when they get in his way.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:44 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,676,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
No I don't endorse lies and I have seen pro 2nd amendment people sensationalize before and I will not comment on this treaty itself as I don't know the details but my comments and beliefs are there because of a known and shown past history of Clinton, Obama and various democrats (with a couple republicans to boot) who did lie and were caught and who did put out pure BS. It is also widely known that many in the U.N do not support civilians owning weapons so I can only say that if it looks like a duck, quaks like a duck, it must be a duck.
And it's not like we can depend on this milquetoast congress to watch our backs, and this president does not give a rat's ass for the US Constitution, or the will of the people. Obama sure as hell would not have a problem enacting laws and regulations that send back to the stone-age, as long as he can implement his green energy agenda, and I don't think he'd lose sleep in he signed a treaty that essentially repealed the 2nd amendment either.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Wrong.

First of all, there isn't even a Arms Trade Treaty. Their is a PROPOSAL to draft a treaty, and the conference in July is about going through the information that various countries have submitted, and studying how regulation of the international arms trade could be fostered so that, for instance, the Syrian government purchasing arms to use against their own people could be inhibited.

Secondly, the treaty is about International Arms Trade. Not about the rights of Americans to own weapons.

Third, Congress would have to ratify such an agreement and would then have to pass laws so that we were in compliance with such an agreement. The United States Congress has been known to refuse to ratify international treaties, and the United States Congress has been known to ratify a treaty and then fail to honor the treaty by passing laws to bring us into compliance.

Fourth, the WND lives to scare conservatives about the federal government, generally needlessly.
I never read the WND because I know progressives don't like us to read it. Really that is the reason. However, I do read a number of right leaning blogs and have been seeing the ads about this treaty for more than a year. Oh yes, Hillary was pushing this thing months ago.

The Treaty is not completed but has been there in a fashion for a long time and obviously the UN wants us to ratify it when it gets past them, which it will very soon.

Yeah, it is written and just waiting and only fools don't think that the majority of members of the UN want it to go through in hopes they can take the guns from citizens of the US, Australia, Canada and other democratic governments. Your third point is purely stupidity that I bet you took it from some left leaning blog. Which one was it?

Old 07-05-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Can't you read? This drivel!

It is no supprize that obama wants to control the media and innernet.
Yep and he is using most of the methods that Hitler did to do the media but couldn't since Algore hadn't created the internet yet in the 30s.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:49 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
And it's not like we can depend on this milquetoast congress to watch our backs, and this president does not give a rat's ass for the US Constitution, or the will of the people. Obama sure as hell would not have a problem enacting laws and regulations that send back to the stone-age, as long as he can implement his green energy agenda, and I don't think he'd lose sleep in he signed a treaty that essentially repealed the 2nd amendment either.
Irrational fear! You can't depend on Congress??? Why not?

President Obama doesn't give a rat's ass for the US Constitution??? Who says? Right-wing pundits selling books?

President Obama wants to take the United States to the Stone Age? Why? Why would anyone want to do that?

Stone age helps implement green energy agenda?

Treaties don't overwrite the Constitution. Ever.

So basically, you're living in irrational fear land.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:52 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Yep and he is using most of the methods that Hitler did to do the media but couldn't since Algore hadn't created the internet yet in the 30s.
Please elaborate. Without quoting Glenn Beck.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:53 PM

1,529 posts, read 1,726,047 times
I feel like I've entered the Twilight Zone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies