Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2012, 02:07 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,728,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
That's because, unlike some, I try to post regularly. All any of us can do is to work with what the police and media either leak or release. Trace evidence of marijuana in his system...that isn't exactly monumental. How about Zimmerman's meds? Trayvon's height and weight? Posters have lied repeatedly about many things concerning Trayvon Martin, but I don't see any retractions or apologies from them. I suppose if you don't post, you can't get any information wrong.
Ah, so posting often and being wrong is the best plan? Hilarious. Well that explains your numerous incorrect posts throughout all these threads, along with a couple of your buddies.

I prefer posting correct information less often. Quality trumps quantity. I also prefer to know the real information before forming an opinion, but clearly you don't let that stand in your way either.

It's really interesting that you aren't embarrassed to admit that you are fine with posting completely incorrect information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 02:20 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Ah, so posting often and being wrong is the best plan? Hilarious. Well that explains your numerous incorrect posts throughout all these threads, along with a couple of your buddies.

I prefer posting correct information less often. Quality trumps quantity. I also prefer to know the real information before forming an opinion, but clearly you don't let that stand in your way either.

It's really interesting that you aren't embarrassed to admit that you are fine with posting completely incorrect information.

Yeah as long as it doesn't make Zimmerman look bad. You have called Trayvon Martin supporters liars over and over again, but have you addressed the Zimmerman supporters who have posted photoshopped social media account messages, pictures and videos of kids that aren't even him and say that he was high on purple drank and marijuana the night he was killed? If you did, I must have missed that. Apparently, facts aren't a requirement for Zimmerman supporters, but God forbid a Trayvon Martin supporter get something wrong.

Old 07-11-2012, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Yeah as long as it doesn't make Zimmerman look bad. You have called Trayvon Martin supporters liars over and over again, but have you addressed the Zimmerman supporters who have posted photoshopped social media account messages, pictures and videos of kids that aren't even him and say that he was high on purple drank and marijuana the night he was killed? If you did, I must have missed that. Apparently, facts aren't a requirement for Zimmerman supporters, but God forbid a Trayvon Martin supporter get something wrong.
Prove it. Correcting someone's incorrect information is not calling them a liar. Although when they continue to post the same wrong info over and over after being told, then they are lying.

1. I'm not a Zimmerman supporter. I think he's an idiot and allowing his wife to mislead the judge may end up getting him found guilty. Although I don't believe he should have ever been charged with murder 2.

2. I have corrected the narrative that was told because people are forming opinions with incorrect facts. Tons of bad info came out on Zimmerman immediately. And the Martin family PR person put out a ton of incorrect positive information about Trayvon while putting out false neg. info about Zimmerman. Even idiots don't deserve to get railroaded under false PR campaigns, edited news tapes, etc.

3. There are several harpies here who jump on every neutral post as soon as it is posted. Anyone who doesn't scream "Fry Zimmerman" is a racist Zimmerman supporter who is clinging to their guns.

4. Most of the rational posters who actually know the facts like myself have mostly given up posting here because they get tired of being jumped on by those people.

But good to know that you are in the "better to post often and be wrong" camp, lol.

Old 07-11-2012, 03:03 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,662 times
Quote:

What logical person would hold a reader responsible for the mistakes made by a writer? That's silly. But, aren't you off topic? What do my posts have to do with George Zimmerman's fate? Such a petty personal vendetta demeans both the attacking poster and the thread. I suppose the rest of us are just not so fortunate as to know "the truth" before it's disseminated. As for posting incorrect information, I don't see you castigating the RW posters who have been guilty of posting falsehoods about Trayvon Martin. Unfair, is it not? Off-topic, personal attack, waste of readers' time; great job of posting.

Old 07-11-2012, 06:00 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Really? I pointed out that I was looking at an incomplete photo, and I was correct. So why should I be embarrassed?
Why not just say you made a mistake. Your words are right there in post 312--- "In any case, it's obvious to anyone who doesn't need better glasses those are 2 different photos. Where's his right arm? Even his shoulder is missing! "

For some reason you didn't like the idea that the Martin Team pr guy is in a photo with Lauer. Looks like he is.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:25 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Why not just say you made a mistake. Your words are right there in post 312---
Okay, I see the link in brentwood girl's post. It wasn't 2 different photos, but the photo was cut off, which is why it looked strange.

However, the article about Julison in the Sentinel is dated January 2012. Trayvon Martin was killed on February 26, 2012. What does this photo or the article have to do with Trayvon Martin? Explain! The photo was chopped (as I thought) for a reason, that is, to prove that Julison is in cahoots with Matt Lauer and others to lie to the public. Actually, the photo only shows that Julison is involved in charitable organizations and it has absolutely nothing to do with Trayvon Martin or this case. Julison got no money for helping the Martin family. Zero. [URL="http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2012-04-16/story/washington-post-how-trayvon-martin-story-came-national-spotlight"]SOURCE[/URL]

"Julison, who worked on the story for no compensation, says he always thought his clients' case had merit, but the outcome wasn't guaranteed. "All of these things worked perfectly," he said. "They came out in just the right sequence for us."

"It's likely that Martin's death, which resulted in the arrest and indictment Wednesday of confessed shooter George Zimmerman, would never have crowded into the national consciousness had it not been for Martin's family, its lawyers and an enterprising PR man.
Quote:
For people who missed the original post- the guy next to Matt Lauer is the PR guy that was hired by the Martins. He's the reason for most of the original incorrect information and 5 year old photos. And the one who started the narrative that Zimmerman killed Trayvon b/c he was black.
Julison's interest in this case was to promote public interest in it. Unfortunately, without pressure from the public, this case would have been swept under the carpet. I don't see what the problem is here. Julison has represented families in other high profile cases.

By the way, were you upset when the subject of the Nancy Grace show was Natalee Holloway every single night for...how long? A year? Are you questioning those photos of that young woman as a sweet, innocent cheerleader? Of course you aren't.

Last edited by justNancy; 07-11-2012 at 08:49 PM..

Old 07-11-2012, 09:16 PM

Spin, spin, spin, justnancy. Dizzy yet? You said it was obviously photoshopped and you were proven wrong.

I don't waste my time watching Nancy Grace. Since you brouht her up, I assume you do. That would explain the inane posts.

What does Julison have to do with the case? He was the source oft he original stories with the wrong information. He gave out wrong info about Zimmerman and Trayvon. He packaged together the 5 year old pics. He added the racial overtones. He was a source for stories that said Trayvon's suspensions were for tardies. He contributed to stories about Trayvon's "brother" (who turned out to be his dad's mistress's child, no relation to Trayvon.) He lied. And he was proud of his work.

Here's a piece in the Washington Post about Julison being the reason this exploded:
Quote:
A pivotal, if little-known, figure in the Martin story’s development was Ryan Julison, an Orlando public relations executive who began working with the Martin family at the behest of its attorneys, Benjamin Crump and Natalie Jackson. [snip]
The fuse, now burning brightly, soon threatened to touch off an explosion.
Julison's own quote from the end of the article:
Quote:
“All of these things worked perfectly,†he said. “They came out in just the right sequence for us.â€
Trayvon Martin story found the media - The Washington Post

Why does all this matter? The original lies were packaged and sold to the public like a product. If you want to continue to cling to them, go ahead. I think most people would want to know the whole truth. But some people will always fall for the slick ads and claims. That's why there are so many infomercials during the night. (Perhaps immediately after Nancy Grace? )

Old 07-11-2012, 09:21 PM

60 posts, read 203,518 times
Haa Haa GZ will NEVER live a normal life...no matter what the outcome is

Old 07-11-2012, 09:39 PM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinLife38 View Post
Haa Haa GZ will NEVER live a normal life...no matter what the outcome is
People that said that about OJ were called racist....welcome to the club, grab a seat in the back.

Old 07-11-2012, 10:18 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,487 times
Quote:

What does Julison have to do with the case? He was the source oft he original stories with the wrong information. He gave out wrong info about Zimmerman and Trayvon. He packaged together the 5 year old pics. He added the racial overtones. He was a source for stories that said Trayvon's suspensions were for tardies. He contributed to stories about Trayvon's "brother" (who turned out to be his dad's mistress's child, no relation to Trayvon.) He lied. And he was proud of his work.

Here's a piece in the Washington Post about Julison being the reason this exploded:

Julison's own quote from the end of the article:

Trayvon Martin story found the media - The Washington Post

Why does all this matter? The original lies were packaged and sold to the public like a product. If you want to continue to cling to them, go ahead. I think most people would want to know the whole truth. But some people will always fall for the slick ads and claims. That's why there are so many infomercials during the night. (Perhaps immediately after Nancy Grace? )
And why is it that this Julison person is still driving you nuts?

Ultimately, the State Attorney did not base the charges filed against Zimmerman on anything packaged by Julison. Ultimately, the jury will NOT hear any of the packaged stories from Julison, and jurors are required to base their verdict solely on the evidence which they hear from the witnesses on the stand and not anything they heard/read in media prior to trial. They take an oath saying that they WILL do that. There will NOT be six or twelve jurors selected in this case who will lie and cheat in that regard.

This is the middle of July. Julison's part in this is long past history. NBC edited ONE tape, acknowledged they had done it, apologized and set the record straight, and fired the person who did the editing.

Additionally, can you back up all the sweeping generalizations in your posts with documents produced in discovery and filed in the court file regarding this case? Yes, ALL those documents are available for your perusal, and for you to cite, when posting "facts" about this case. I might add that if you rely completely on stories written by journalists regarding what they read about this case in the court files, that is secondhand information and certainly contains mistakes from time to time.

What makes you think that at this point you can possibly know the "whole truth" about this case? You will never know more than is allowed by law and under the rules of criminal procedure at the time of trial. And you certainly cannot possibly "know" at this point the "whole truth." So perhaps you should not be so harsh about others posting in this thread who do not and cannot possibly know the "whole truth." Your biases about this case are just as clear as are any biases by anyone else posting here.

As for the bolded part of the first paragraph of your quoted post above, can you provide links to each of the things you know that Julison did regarding initial information about this incident? Those are rather sweeping generalizations, and because you claim to have the facts, certainly it will be no problem for you to post links and specifics/facts regarding the Julison information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies