Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 08:23 PM

11 posts, read 40,588 times

Advertisements

I am so sick of Republicans bashing the poor like they are the ills of what is ailing America. I'm tired of Republicans trying to disenfranchise Minority Voters. Don't they know we will fight to the death to make sure our right to vote is protected? What is wrong with Republicans? Are they "ALL" Racist??

Old 07-05-2012, 08:26 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
The clean your own backyard campaign.

Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, Inc.-The Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, Inc.

Old 07-05-2012, 08:52 PM

694 posts, read 745,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko11 View Post
I am so sick of Republicans bashing the poor like they are the ills of what is ailing America. I'm tired of Republicans trying to disenfranchise Minority Voters. Don't they know we will fight to the death to make sure our right to vote is protected? What is wrong with Republicans? Are they "ALL" Racist??
This post reads like a plant, but I will respond anyway. We don't have anything agianst the poor. I could go into a lot of things we don't like but it all boils down to respect and responciblity. We are all for helping people who have drive, inititive, etc. The Ds act like they assume that because someone has the right to do this or that THAT they have no responsibility to see that they get to do it.

"Well, I don't have an ID so I can't vote. That is racist." How about getting an ID for a few bucks. Some places will give you one. All you have to do is show up. "Well, I don't have a car". ...And you don't have 50 friends who have cars, or you can take the bus, borrow the money of you have to. Or call some of the local churches or the city and see if they have a service or SOMETHING...

The point here is, there are seemingly inumerable ways to get simple things done if you want to do them. If a right is so important to you (the general "you", not necessarily you personally), you should take at least some effort to make it happen. There are droves of people - from agencies, to companies to individuals who are more than willing to help in any way they can. As far as Rs, we are more helpful in the long run than that of many Ds. Many of the Ds just seem to want to give people money and think THAT will fix the problem. It is funny that you say we are all racists. That is a racist statement in itself. That statement incinuates that all Rs are one race and all Ds are another race. It has to because if you were speaking only of the poor, it couldn't be racist since not all poor are of a single race. ...and I see people on here all the time say the same types of things; that "ALL" of these people are this or that. I thought we weren't supposed to stereotype in our society ???

Old 07-05-2012, 08:56 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,086,723 times
Because you people vote for the a#*hole idiots we have in congress (yes, and the senate is part of congress) and the white house.

Old 07-05-2012, 08:57 PM

1,125 posts, read 1,590,895 times
Quote:
I am a republican and I do not bash the poor. I do on the other hand have a problem with people who use poverty as an excuse for all of their troubles or use poverty as a means to abuse government programs. I do believe that you should have to do a bit more to earn the right to vote other than living until your are 18 years old, but that is a personal conviction which does not agree with the law, so I support the law as it stands. Based on most of the 18 to 21 year old Democrat Party supporters I have spoken to at the university I attend, the only thing that they would fight for was to keep the local coffee shop open, at least until they get their cup.

Old 07-05-2012, 08:59 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Ahhhh...the soft bigotry of low expectations!

Old 07-05-2012, 08:59 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
You might want to step away from all your Liberal friends and get the "real truth."

Sheep don't get to far in life following the wolf.

Old 07-05-2012, 09:00 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,028,546 times
Glad you are fighting to the death for yor right to vote. You sound more like the problem to me than the r's as you call them. Go vote and let us know how it works out for you. I gotta get ready for work tomorrow

Old 07-05-2012, 09:01 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
Quote:
Why Do Republicans Hate Minorities and The Poor? Why are they suppressing the Vote?
Why do Democrats treat Minorities and the Poor like caged pets? Why are they trying to buy their votes?

Look, I can play the "Phrase The Obnoxious Partisan-Baiting Rhetorical Statement As a Question" game too! Whee!

Old 07-05-2012, 09:01 PM

27,137 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:

They don't, that one of the demonization lines.
Just like you playing the race card is as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies