Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 07:23 PM

415 posts, read 615,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
That is why you will continue to find no gainful employment..... we need to start kicking fools off the rolls who think they are too good to work lower wage jobs..... there are minimum wage jobs out there and I will be laughing at those who are going to have to start taking them....

Obama had his chance and failed.... time to move on..... unless Americans are really that braindead
Minimum wage does not pay the bills.

Here and in northern Utah at least, there seems to be no shortage of men and women old enough to be my parents flipping burgers, delivering pizzas, and working as minimum wage security guards. I quit having pizza delivered to my house as it seems all the delivery people are either people my age with bachelor's degrees or men my dad's age. Nothing speaks of how messed up a society is when a 55 year old married father of two with 30+ years worth of work experience and a degree is delivering pizza for minimum wage. It made me uncomfortable to see people living like that, people with skills whose skills are being wasted delivering pizza.

I have a job and honestly, I can see why people don't want to work for minimum wage. Such jobs are hardly ever full time. You work and you work and you work and the bills aren't paid, the electricity gets turned off, the first time the car needs tires its game over. How are people supposed to live on minimum wage? I don't like how the democrats are running this country but I HATE how Republicans who are more than likely Christian think it is okay to make people with skills work for minimum wage and accept homelessness as a way of life. Such an attitude is disgusting.

Of course, McDonald's isn't going to want to hire you if you are homeless because then you don't have regular access to a shower and might look homeless, and we can't have that.

Minimum wage was originally meant for people with the least skills. Young people and immigrants who speak little English and maybe high school dropouts. Back when my parents were young, the expectation was you got experience and your skills improved and maybe you learned a trade or went to college or enlisted and then you moved on from minimum wage. The fact that people with skills, degrees, and even trade certifications are wasting away in jobs that do not use their skills and of which do not pay the bills is disgusting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2012, 07:35 PM

10 posts, read 12,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
US PAYROLLS MISS EXPECTATIONS, ADDS 80K - Business Insider

Another sign of the booming Obama economy.
President Mitt Romney 45th President of the United States.

Old 07-07-2012, 07:46 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,966,662 times
[quote=suissegrl702;25067900. The fact that people with skills, degrees, and even trade certifications are wasting away in jobs that do not use their skills and of which do not pay the bills is disgusting.[/quote]

The sole solution is to entice the private sector. Since 1/20/09, they were treated like the enemy, and than the admin acts surprised when new job reports stink. Imagine slapping a girl or guy in the face before requesting they accept a date from you. That is what the private sector feels like under this regime. The one slapped. And than shazam..Gomer Pyle (aka OBooBoo) wonders why the jobs report stinks.

Face the facts. 2 trill in cash is NOT the private sector's first choice.

Old 07-07-2012, 07:48 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Outsourcing American jobs for bigger profits is the favorite past time of the corporate a55kissing Republicans.

Old 07-07-2012, 07:56 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Outsourcing American jobs for bigger profits is the favorite past time of the corporate a55kissing Republicans.
I was unaware Obama is a Republican. Who knew?

American Automakers Outsourcing Jobs to Mexico | Economy In Crisis

Old 07-07-2012, 07:59 PM

827 posts, read 1,089,708 times
Didn't a electric car company, that got a loan that Obama approved, start making cars in Finland rather than in the US?

Car Company Gets U.S. Loan, Builds Cars In Finland - ABC News

Old 07-07-2012, 10:21 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Republicans NEVER EVER own there own hsit.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:28 PM

827 posts, read 1,089,708 times

Old 07-07-2012, 10:29 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Too funny. I guess plan B will be engaged soon.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:20 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,130,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suissegrl702 View Post
Minimum wage does not pay the bills.

Here and in northern Utah at least, there seems to be no shortage of men and women old enough to be my parents flipping burgers, delivering pizzas, and working as minimum wage security guards. I quit having pizza delivered to my house as it seems all the delivery people are either people my age with bachelor's degrees or men my dad's age. Nothing speaks of how messed up a society is when a 55 year old married father of two with 30+ years worth of work experience and a degree is delivering pizza for minimum wage. It made me uncomfortable to see people living like that, people with skills whose skills are being wasted delivering pizza.

I have a job and honestly, I can see why people don't want to work for minimum wage. Such jobs are hardly ever full time. You work and you work and you work and the bills aren't paid, the electricity gets turned off, the first time the car needs tires its game over. How are people supposed to live on minimum wage? I don't like how the democrats are running this country but I HATE how Republicans who are more than likely Christian think it is okay to make people with skills work for minimum wage and accept homelessness as a way of life. Such an attitude is disgusting.

Of course, McDonald's isn't going to want to hire you if you are homeless because then you don't have regular access to a shower and might look homeless, and we can't have that.

Minimum wage was originally meant for people with the least skills. Young people and immigrants who speak little English and maybe high school dropouts. Back when my parents were young, the expectation was you got experience and your skills improved and maybe you learned a trade or went to college or enlisted and then you moved on from minimum wage. The fact that people with skills, degrees, and even trade certifications are wasting away in jobs that do not use their skills and of which do not pay the bills is disgusting.

If i could give 1000 reps to this, I would.

Work hard, But suffer even though one is paying taxes and contributing to society. Unacceptable. Great post!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies