Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 03:38 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,128,577 times

Advertisements

Fact of the matter is the Democrat party need more poor and people to see themselves as victims.

Old 07-06-2012, 03:43 PM

14,466 posts, read 11,245,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySwelly View Post
Hey roy. Just a bit of history for you that my clear things up.

Yes, the Reps did free the blacks from slavery. And from the end of the Civil War to the 1930s, blacks generally voted for Republicans. Especially in the South where the state and local governments were run by pro-segregation Dems.

The change started with FDR's New Deal. He was a Dem and he was able to get a lot of blacks out of unemployment and into better-paying jobs. However, the South was still run by Democratic governors that segregated the public.

That change was solidified with the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965, which were signed by Dem. LBJ. When he signed the Civil Rights Act, he said that he was giving the South to the opposing party for a long period of time. Southern Democrats were enraged by the two acts, and several switched sides. Then Nixon appealed to the Southerners' distaste by using the Southern strategy. It appealed to the Southern whites' racism (not that they are racist now, but at the time) by talking about the potential lawlessness and loss of control that could happen from empowered blacks. That is how the South became Republican. The Southern strategy was also the final straw that drove blacks over to the Democratic party: the racist people who have kept them oppressed were now Rep, and the party itself was treating them as less than human.

Hope that helps man.
The Southern Strategy never existed. And don't put up the Wiki page because my retarded uncle could contribute to that.

Here, this is an article from the NYTimes that says you aren't as smart as you think you are.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/10/ma...ion2b.t-4.html

Old 07-06-2012, 03:45 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,116,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I didn't say all black people, because I don't make stupid generalizations about a group of people based on their shared ethnicity.

Why do black people vote democrat?

Look at Detroit. What a dump. That's what liberal policies did for Detroit and the people who live there. It's disgusting.

How many times have democrats destroyed a thriving city? How many democrat run cities have been in bankruptcy?
Because we feel like it. That's all you need to know. You aren't owed an explanation beyond that. None of your damn business. Like that answer?

Anymore silly questions? Go ask a black person you know. Maybe they'll be stupid enough to answer your question.

Old 07-06-2012, 03:54 PM

121 posts, read 133,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
The comparison doesn't apply the idea that black people vote for Democrats because they are lazy and like free stuff is a racist idea.

It is not my opinion that conservative discuss government spending in terms of takers, moochers, and lazy.

It is what conservatives say when discussing government spending. You can pretend otherwise, but I won't.

It is not my opinion that conservatives are for big government spending it is what conservatives say.

So conservatives are not against government spending, they are against government spending on certain groups. This is objective reality. There is no other conclusion to draw.
Right, well, thanks for enlightening on the motivations of such a broad swath of the public. If only more people were so easy to describe in such monolithic terms.

Old 07-06-2012, 04:06 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,284,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormalCarpetRide View Post
Right, well, thanks for enlightening on the motivations of such a broad swath of the public. If only more people were so easy to describe in such monolithic terms.
You are mistaken. I am not describing anyone. I am relaying how conservatives discuss government spending.

I am not interpreting what they are saying. This is what they are saying. I challenge you go to any conservative website and pick out any article that discusses government spending and read the article and the comments. I 100% guarantee that they will discuss government spending exactly as they always do.

Go to youtube and watch interviews with Republicans about government spending and they will talk about it as they always do.

Listen to talk radio or read conservative magazines, or listen to conservative elected officials and these same themes come every time they discuss government spending.

Old 07-06-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
You are mistaken. I am not describing anyone. I am relaying how conservatives discuss government spending.

I am not interpreting what they are saying. This is what they are saying. I challenge you go to any conservative website and pick out any article that discusses government spending and read the article and the comments. I 100% guarantee that they will discuss government spending exactly as they always do.

Go to youtube and watch interviews with Republicans about government spending and they will talk about it as they always do.

Listen to talk radio or read conservative magazines, or listen to conservative elected officials and these same themes come every time they discuss government spending.
No, thanks. I'll stick with the people I actually interact with on a daily basis.

You're clearly a big fan of dialectic.

Old 07-06-2012, 04:34 PM

Quote:
No, thanks. I'll stick with the people I actually interact with on a daily basis.

You're clearly a big fan of dialectic.
Who you claim to know is irrelevant.

There is no way to discuss people you claim to know. What we can do is look at the actual words of conservatives that we both have access to.

This is where you'll find conservatives repeatedly saying and writing the very things I am discussing.

Old 07-06-2012, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Who you claim to know is irrelevant.

There is no way to discuss people you claim to know. What we can do is look at the actual words of conservatives that we both have access to.

This is where you'll find conservatives repeatedly saying and writing the very things I am discussing.
Ok, great, if I'm going to set off on this grand boondoggle, I'll need you to define for me exactly who is and is not a "conservative", as I wouldn't want to try to discuss anyone that doesn't fit within your narrative.

Old 07-06-2012, 05:30 PM

1,196 posts, read 836,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySwelly View Post
Hey roy. Just a bit of history for you that my clear things up.

Yes, the Reps did free the blacks from slavery. And from the end of the Civil War to the 1930s, blacks generally voted for Republicans. Especially in the South where the state and local governments were run by pro-segregation Dems.

The change started with FDR's New Deal. He was a Dem and he was able to get a lot of blacks out of unemployment and into better-paying jobs. However, the South was still run by Democratic governors that segregated the public.

That change was solidified with the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965, which were signed by Dem. LBJ. When he signed the Civil Rights Act, he said that he was giving the South to the opposing party for a long period of time. Southern Democrats were enraged by the two acts, and several switched sides. Then Nixon appealed to the Southerners' distaste by using the Southern strategy. It appealed to the Southern whites' racism (not that they are racist now, but at the time) by talking about the potential lawlessness and loss of control that could happen from empowered blacks. That is how the South became Republican. The Southern strategy was also the final straw that drove blacks over to the Democratic party: the racist people who have kept them oppressed were now Rep, and the party itself was treating them as less than human.

Hope that helps man.
Let see 26 known dixiecrats 5 governors and 21 senators only 3 became republicans: Strom Thurmond, Jesse Helms and Mills E. Godwind, Jr.

The rest of the racist dixicrats returned to where they felt most at home the racist democrat party and fought against the Civil Rights acts of 1957, 1960 and 1964.

KKK Kleagle, {a recruiter who persuaded people to join the KKK} dixicrat Robert Byrd went back to his beloved racist democrat party and led the racist democrat filibuster of the Civil Rights Act of 1964

Hope that helps dude

Old 07-06-2012, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Ok, great, if I'm going to set off on this grand boondoggle, I'll need you to define for me exactly who is and is not a "conservative", as I wouldn't want to try to discuss anyone that doesn't fit within your narrative.
Whatever, you can pretend that you can't type in the words "conservatives and government spending and get boat loads of conservative political websites that you can read. This discussion is over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.