Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 09:18 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Obama never knew what it was like to be poor.... this is the line Reverend Wright said but used the name Hillary .

Jeremiah Wright - Hillary Clinton ain't never been called.... - YouTube
Interesting...........what a small church to not be able to hear your Pastor speaking about the "evil white skinned person" shame on this church. I'd say their right up there with Westbro Baptist...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2012, 09:20 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Interesting...........what a small church to not be able to hear your Pastor speaking about the "evil white skinned person" shame on this church. I'd say their right up there with Westbro Baptist...........
Its hard to hear it because it was never said.

Old 07-08-2012, 09:24 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Its hard to hear it because it was never said.
UMMMM, is that an imposter or poser speaking on that video???

Old 07-08-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
UMMMM, is that an imposter or poser speaking on that video???
What is the time stamp in the video where your made up quote is said?

Old 07-08-2012, 10:11 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Quote:
What is the time stamp in the video where your made up quote is said?
Now you are looking quite ridiculous. Denial at the peak of performance.

Old 07-08-2012, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Now you are looking quite ridiculous. Denial at the peak of performance.
I'm being ridiculous? Perhaps you can point out where Rev. Wright said "evil white skinned person?" He didn't say it nor was it in the context of the clip you posted.

Old 07-08-2012, 10:41 AM

580 posts, read 449,813 times
Quote:
..."evil white skinned person"...
I don't think "" mean what you think they mean...

Here's a clue for the IQ challenged...

Quotation marks are punctuation marks used in pairs to set off speech, a quotation, a phrase or a word.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:07 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Quote:
I'm being ridiculous? Perhaps you can point out where Rev. Wright said "evil white skinned person?" He didn't say it nor was it in the context of the clip you posted.
I never posted evil white skinned person. What Wright is actually saying with quite disdain is the privilege he says the rich whites have and poor Barack... not exactly a bringing together of people.. and in a church no less.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:18 AM

Quote:
I never posted evil white skinned person. What Wright is actually saying with quite disdain is the privilege he says the rich whites have and poor Barack... not exactly a bringing together of people.. and in a church no less.
You accursed me of being ridiculous when I challenged another poster to demonstrate where Rev. Wright said "evil white skinned person." Rev. Wright never said it.

What Rev. Wright is asserting is that Obama has more in common with the members at Trinity UCC then Clinton or other people who have traditionally run this country. I think most people would not find the assertion very illuminating.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:26 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,203,345 times
If the best RNC talking point (and that's what this is) against Obama is that he's "the cool kid" running against a more mature Mitt Romney, then the republicans are in a world of hurt this year. I raised major concerns about Romney's ability to string a campaign (or even two sentences) together back at the beginning of the primaries, and I was shouted down. Romney is in a position where he has to run against his own record, and his flip flopping, on nearly every issue. What makes it worse is that the Obama administration enacted largely republican proposals on issues like health care and immigration, so Romney can't even stake out a reasonable conservative position on those issues--he's forced to go off the deep end far right crazy. It's just as true now as it was then--Romney stinks as a candidate, and no amount of trying to tear down Obama for being more personable is going to build Romney up. If Romney wins it will be because the majority of independents and republicans vote AGAINST Obama, because I don't know too many people who are jumping up and down over Romney. That's a really bad position for Romney to be in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies