Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 09:32 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,439,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Nothing. I cited a case of my best friend who didn't become a lesbian until she was 20 years old. She didn't "go along" with anything. She wasn't just "acting" straight because she felt like she had to. We've spoken about it at length before and she was very forthcoming with me about it all. No one 'forced' her to be straight or gay - it's something she came into all on her own.
There are a minority of truly straight people that decide to date the same sex for whatever reason. That doesn't mean that all gay people choose their homosexuality. Maybe you friend did choose to date the same sex, but she will realize she can't choose who she's attracted to, no matter how honest or dishonest she's being with herself and others, and no matter what her true orientation happens to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2012, 09:35 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,439,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
two male trying to have sex to procreate, seams to me much more idiotic. its like banging your head over and over on the pavement just to have a baby! guess what it will never happen!!
I don't know any gay people that actually have sex with the same sex in an attempt to procreate. Do you?

Old 07-08-2012, 11:00 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,580,565 times
Quote:
two male trying to have sex to procreate, seams to me much more idiotic. its like banging your head over and over on the pavement just to have a baby! guess what it will never happen!!
So you've NEVER EVER had sex just for fun? Every single time you've ever had sex it's been for the sole reason of having a child?

I have an odd feeling that two men having sex know they can't have a child, which is why they adopt heterosexuals unwanted children

Old 07-08-2012, 11:18 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,956,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
So you've NEVER EVER had sex just for fun? Every single time you've ever had sex it's been for the sole reason of having a child?

I have an odd feeling that two men having sex know they can't have a child, which is why they adopt heterosexuals unwanted children
Homosexuals adopting children is a form of child abuse.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:20 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,354,108 times
Quote:
what??? what ever it takes not to accept the truth. it takes a male and a female to continue the human race. mother nature made it happen that way for that purpose and that purpose alone. and any deviation is just a perversion. a sick abnormal behavor!
You mean like using contraception? Or having other kinds of non-procretive sex?

Or... gasp....doing something OTHER than having procreative sex 24/7 365 days year?

Old 07-08-2012, 11:26 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,354,108 times
Quote:
Why would two males try to have sex to 'procreate'?

Why would post menopausal women try to have sex to 'procreate'?

Why would an infertile person try to have sex to 'procreate'?

Why would a couple using contraception try to have sex to 'procreate'?

Answer? They wouldn't. Because they aren't that stupid.

Having sex is about a lot more than just procreating.

Have you ever actually had sex yet? You seem to be obsessed with the idea of sex. Kinda like a teenager.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:29 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,222,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
How?

So two loving and caring people adopting a child into their home to give them shelter, love, attention, and a place to live is child abuse now?

Did you smoke something funny before typing that? I doubt you sincerely believe it.

Oh. I get it. You're joking! Well it isn't very funny - don't quit your day job.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Really? Because I know no less than 10 people who were raised by gay parents (both men AND women) and they turned out perfectly fine.

Zach Wahls Speaks About Family - YouTube

Old 07-08-2012, 11:36 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,956,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
How?

So two loving and caring people adopting a child into their home to give them shelter, love, attention, and a place to live is child abuse now?

Did you smoke something funny before typing that? I doubt you sincerely believe it.

Oh. I get it. You're joking! Well it isn't very funny - don't quit your day job.
Homosexual partners are engaged in an immoral and unnatural relationship - that is harmful to expose a child to on a daily basis.

Children need both male and female parental influences in order to grow and mature in a normal and healthy manner. Purposely placing them in a homosexual household deprives them of the neccesary ingredients to do so and is borderline criminal.

Homosexuals want adoption rights so that their deviant lifestyle will be accepted by society. It isn't about what is best for children - it is all about them. How more selfish can one get to put their own interests over the development of a child?

Old 07-08-2012, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Homosexual partners are engaged in an immoral and unnatural relationship - that is harmful to expose a child to on a daily basis.

Children need both male and female parental influences in order to grow and mature in a normal and healthy manner. Purposely placing them in a homosexual household deprives them of the neccesary ingredients to do so and is borderline criminal.

Homosexuals want adoption rights so that their deviant lifestyle will be accepted by society. It isn't about what is best for children - it is all about them. How more selfish can one get to put their own interests over the development of a child?
Do you actually KNOW any gay couples with children personally? And I'm not talking about 'Yeah, I met one once a long time ago' I'm talking 'Yes, and I go over to their house for tea on Sundays.'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies