Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 05:46 PM

749 posts, read 838,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
um, the fact that the law is unjust since we were born with a DIFFERENT SEXUAL ORIENTATION.

are you saying it would be feasible for a STRAIGHT person to marry someone of the same sex?

are you saying that people born with the homosexual orientation having the right to marry people of the opposite sex is EQUAL to HETEROSEXUAL PEOPLE having the right to marry in accordance with THEIR SEXUAL ORIENTATION>
You assume you weren't born that way. I'd like to see one single scientist that doesn't have an agenda, say as much.

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-07-2012 at 06:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2012, 06:16 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Quote:
\ you have NO RIGHT to really feel that way.\
You are 100% wrong, everybody has the right to feel any way they wish. You should be happy about that right because without it you probably wouldn't have the right to feel you need to post such a ridicules thread.

Old 07-07-2012, 06:32 PM

7,930 posts, read 9,154,161 times
Gee, another RLarson gay marriage thread. What a shock. Only about the millionth thread on gay marriage to hear the same pros/cons ad nauseum.

Maybe this topic should be made a sticky thread instead of contless threads on the same topic?

Old 07-07-2012, 06:40 PM

3,786 posts, read 5,329,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Who says homosexuals need to marry anyone?

Obviously the assumption that only young people will marry and that they will produce children is dated, but it nevertheless helps to protect the interests of children created by heterosexual unions.

We keep trying to put hub caps on a tractor, and there is just no reason for it.

Good point.

Why do homosexuals need to get married? They can live together, have sex, swap partners, whatever, and there are no legal consequences.

IMHO, this call to get "married" is simply to get the tax and health-care benefits that have been extended to heterosexual couples who have chosen to marry. Marriage as a state requirement was used to protect the trailing spouse (usually the wife) while she carried on child-rearing duties at home. The laws were to protect her (or him) in the case of divorce whereby the income-earning spouse would be required to care for her or him.

This set of benefits could also be extended to civil unions since so many heterosexual couples have chosen not to marry these days. And I would support the civil union option for homosexual couples also. But, to change marriage laws for homosexual couples, when marriage has been a religious institution for aeons, would be to make a mockery of marriage. Two sets of sperm, or two sets of eggs will NEVER produce a child, neither in theory nor in practice.

It is in the state's interest to protect the heterosexual couples that CAN and WILL produce the next generation.

Old 07-07-2012, 06:43 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
I'm just trying to figure out what they think i and other gay people should do..

what is their thought process given the reality of the situation?
I think they are just trying to protect gay persons from same-sex divorce because divorce would make gay people sad. Nobody wants to see a sad gay guy.

[he'd be a walking oxymoron!]

Old 07-07-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I theorize all this hating gays and wanting to change them goes back to lack of forgiving the ancient gays who supposedly sinned so much in Sodom and Gomorrah that God had to destroy them.
Actually, the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah was not so much aberrant behaviour, but utter selfishness and the loss of compassion. Homosexuality, therefore, was not so much the cause but one of the outcomes of the breakdown of those societies. Ancient Rome is also known for having become selfish/hedonistic/hard-hearted and it is no surprise that homosexuality was prevalent there also.

So, people who think that homosexuality is "progressive" and a new, alternate lifestyle, are quite ignorant of history. In a way, it is the rise of homosexual activity and acceptance of such that is giving many of us a wake-up as to how far the US has fallen from its former standing as a place where people served their communities and extended compassion.

Old 07-07-2012, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
I think they are just trying to protect gay persons from same-sex divorce because divorce would make gay people sad. Nobody wants to see a sad gay guy.

[he'd be a walking oxymoron!]
I know that you are trying to be funny, but what you say is sadly true. The most unhappy people that I have met in my life are homosexuals and it wasn't because they couldn't marry. Homosexuality results from a HUGE hole in their hearts and that hole can never get filled in the ways that they attempt to fill it.

Old 07-07-2012, 07:05 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
I know that you are trying to be funny, but what you say is sadly true. The most unhappy people that I have met in my life are homosexuals and it wasn't because they couldn't marry. Homosexuality results from a HUGE hole in their hearts and that hole can never get filled in the ways that they attempt to fill it.
When one is subjected to variety of negativity originating from others, then it should not be a surprise that he or she has a huge hole in his or her heart. And that's the opposite of funny.

[i have no argument with homosexuals - never have, never will]

Old 07-07-2012, 07:08 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,388,858 times
"do people who are against gay marriage think..."

No.

No, they don't.

Old 07-07-2012, 07:11 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,545,678 times
Let them hate. While they're spitting all their hatred they're unknowingly racking up the punishments they're going to have to face some day.

I forgive them, but I relish in the horrible things that they'll eventually have to endure
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies