U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 05:22 PM

2,408 posts, read 13,148,341 times

Advertisements

Time2Moov, you are my new favorite person on this board.

I'm not going to jump into the political fray, but just wanted to pipe in with regards to the T-section comment made earlier about Pennsylvania politics. James Carville had an interesting quote several years ago about Pennsylvania's politics and culture. As he said "It's Philadelphia on one side, Pittsburgh on the other, and Alabama in the middle".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2006, 06:52 PM

70 posts, read 60,350 times
Default Lose the battle, win the war

Quote:
Originally Posted by dullnboring View Post
Time2Moov, you are my new favorite person on this board.

I'm not going to jump into the political fray, but just wanted to pipe in with regards to the T-section comment made earlier about Pennsylvania politics. James Carville had an interesting quote several years ago about Pennsylvania's politics and culture. As he said "It's Philadelphia on one side, Pittsburgh on the other, and Alabama in the middle".
Thanks DNB

Yes, I've heard that quote. I'd still rather be in Alabama, its warmer, lol.

Old 10-27-2006, 08:09 PM

1,563 posts, read 2,439,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Moov View Post

The bad part is this. The people who re-elected him, will still be here, with voting rights. To tell you the truth I have been steadily researching Australia, Ireland, Germany, France, and Canada. If Bill Frist ends up in the oval office, mark my words I am out of here.

You and Alec Baldwin...oh wait...he stayed to make more "B" films - LOL!!!:D

Old 10-27-2006, 08:18 PM

Default Bill Frist - The man behind Mr. Hanky?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulsurv View Post
You and Alec Baldwin...oh wait...he stayed to make more "B" films - LOL!!!:D
I have a personal issue with Bill Frist. Search on "Bill Frist Autism lilly patriot act"

He's walking fece$. Mr. Hanky in a suit.

Old 10-27-2006, 08:32 PM

[quote=Time2Moov;141800]Agreed there...

Stop. Hopes, dreams, and good intentions are for churches and boy scouts. A president needs to DELIVER.

Right...just as Clinton did with Health care - the promise that got him elected. That aside, I admire the President for attempting to make a dent in these enormously neglected government hardships. Let's see what Hilary or Obama have up their sleeves if either wins. You think it's EASY to sell? Keep dreaming.

. As far as your parents and their big break. Why is it socially acceptable to give seniors WELFARE, yes WELFARE when they have had all their lives to save and prepare for their old age? Then its unacceptable to give welfare to a 20 year old young mother who has had all of two years tops to prepare for her situation? Bass ackwards to me.

Cut me a friggin' BREAK! My parents worked hard all their lives to make a better home than they had during the Great Depression. And it was damned tough to send two kids to college, especially during the Carter years (they didn't have IRAs at that time) - but that's what they believed parents were SUPPOSED to do - NOT look for government handouts, not even loans. They don't believe in personal debt and neither do it. Dont you DARE compare my parents to the welfare recipients of today. You've crossed the line, Mr.

What about REAL ESTATE? This country has seen RECORD RE growth during curious George's presidency. Is that because he did such a fine job? If so, why is the RE market tanking NOW?

No. Economics 101, pal. The Fed is an independent agency. Talk to Greenspan. You know all this, but just figured you'd taunt me. Backfired, I'm afraid.

As far as Willy fooling around on his wife, well, GOOD. Half the country is doing it, check the divorce rates. I'd rather a man that is a true representation of the people, than someone who claims to be holy-er than thou.
I have no doubt you would. And that's not why the man was impeached - which you also know. Good thing you weren't on his staff. I know people who were. 'Nuff said

Old 10-27-2006, 08:49 PM

5,192 posts, read 4,174,123 times
I'm just curious as to why Bush, Cheney, et al have not only NOT been impeached, but why they aren't in prison as the traitors and war criminals they are.

Clinton's health care initiatives didn't pass because of right-wing opposition in Congress.

Wonder why Bush hasn't produced one CENT of the 8 Billion per year he promised to generate to combat poverty in the US. Oh--that's right--because the ignorant criminal ******* is busy lining his pockets and the pockets of his sleazy friends, while utterly bankrupting the nation.

Old 10-27-2006, 08:56 PM

29,615 posts, read 65,640,395 times
I must say that I've learned a lot from this thread, and as a highly- impressionable teenager who is about to head to the polls next Tuesday, I'm grateful that my eyes have been opened even more to just how horrific President Bush's administration has been! Up to this point I was a little sympathetic with President Bush, believing him when he blamed "faulty intelligence" for our current quagmire in Iraq. While I was haggling back and forth recently between Rick Santorum (incumbent and Bush ally) and Bob Casey (challenger) for PA's contentious U.S. Senate seat, I think I've now made my choice. Couple this with a remark Santorum made last year that compared homosexuals to polygamists and pedophiles, and it's now apparent to me that this neo-Nazi has to be ousted from power! It's actually quite refreshing to see him trailing so horrifically in the polls; it looks as if Bush will be losing one of his closest political friends and allies! Now I still have to do a bit more research for the PA governor race---Rendell or Swann? Hmmmm...an incumbent with broken promises or a challenger with no innovative ideas? What choice I have once again! YIPPEE!

Old 10-27-2006, 08:57 PM

[quote=soulsurv;142103]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Moov View Post
Agreed there...

Stop. Hopes, dreams, and good intentions are for churches and boy scouts. A president needs to DELIVER.

Right...just as Clinton did with Health care - the promise that got him elected. That aside, I admire the President for attempting to make a dent in these enormously neglected government hardships. Let's see what Hilary or Obama have up their sleeves if either wins. You think it's EASY to sell? Keep dreaming.

. As far as your parents and their big break. Why is it socially acceptable to give seniors WELFARE, yes WELFARE when they have had all their lives to save and prepare for their old age? Then its unacceptable to give welfare to a 20 year old young mother who has had all of two years tops to prepare for her situation? Bass ackwards to me.

Cut me a friggin' BREAK! My parents worked hard all their lives to make a better home than they had during the Great Depression. And it was damned tough to send two kids to college, especially during the Carter years (they didn't have IRAs at that time) - but that's what they believed parents were SUPPOSED to do - NOT look for government handouts, not even loans. They don't believe in personal debt and neither do it. Dont you DARE compare my parents to the welfare recipients of today. You've crossed the line, Mr.

What about REAL ESTATE? This country has seen RECORD RE growth during curious George's presidency. Is that because he did such a fine job? If so, why is the RE market tanking NOW?

No. Economics 101, pal. The Fed is an independent agency. Talk to Greenspan. You know all this, but just figured you'd taunt me. Backfired, I'm afraid.

As far as Willy fooling around on his wife, well, GOOD. Half the country is doing it, check the divorce rates. I'd rather a man that is a true representation of the people, than someone who claims to be holy-er than thou.
I have no doubt you would. And that's not why the man was impeached - which you also know. Good thing you weren't on his staff. I know people who were. 'Nuff said
Wow, you've been going through life in this condition?

Health care. Since 2000 my health insurance costs have doubled. This year up 15% alone. Clinton must really have "staying power" 6 years later.

Your parents. If ANYONE is getting ANY form of assistance be it tax breaks, checks, foodstamps, free bus rides, etc., THAT IS PUBLIC ASSISTANCE. I don't give a flying (insert F word here) what they went through, or how you were raised. They may not have applied for it, but they're getting it. I'm sure a 20 year old single mother would LOVE to get government assistance without having to endure the embarrassment of applying for it, beyond the lousy child tax credit that is. As for me, I feel a lot better about helping a 20yr old single mom than helping your parents because they failed to save for retirement, if that is/were the case.

Real Estate. Yes, most of the country already knows this. Unfortunately, it is precisely what has been responsible for our economic growth over the last few years, not the chimp. So there goes the big "GONG" for GWB again.

Fooling around with interns. Uggh "I know people", lol.

(back to researching Australia)

Old 10-27-2006, 09:00 PM

5,192 posts, read 4,174,123 times
Yeah, at least Clinton (who I was also not a huge fan of for a few reasons) PROPOSED health care initiatives.

When it comes to Bush, any bill or legislation that is in anyway designed to help the average (or below-average, economically-speaking) American citizen, all it gets from him is a chuckle, if not outright derision.

PS-- SWB, Bush isn't simply a neo-nazi, he's an actual, real nazi! Did you know that the Bush family made their fortune from Prescott Bush (Bush, Sr.'s dad) making shady business deals with Der Furher during WW2, even after he was ordered to stop (after Hitler's human rights violations came to light)? Google Prescott Bush Nazi or Prescott Bush Hitler sometime.

Yeah, that family is just FULL of people with integrity.

Just like his cabinet-- (people don't seem to remember how Dicky Rumsfeld, under Bush, Sr. helped Hussein INTO power in Iraq and gifted him with arms to fight Kurds. You can find numerous pics of Rumsfeld in the 80s shaking hands with Hussein.

Old 10-27-2006, 09:03 PM

[quote=ScrantonWilkesBarre;142129
Now I still have to do a bit more research for the PA governor race---Rendell or Swann? Hmmmm...an incumbent with broken promises or a challenger with no innovative ideas? What choice I have once again! YIPPEE! [/QUOTE]

I still like Rendell. He's had a quagmire or two, but I believe he truly loves this state and has its best interess at heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies