Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2012, 12:26 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,072,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
I will do you guys a favor and go away.
Since you can't produce any peer reviewed evidence to support your stance, you run away, just like a child that quits and runs home when he is losing the game.

Being outnumbered doesn't make things easier for you either.

I am "Christian" by the way, but MY Lord doesn't teach hate.

Old 07-20-2012, 12:32 AM

3,500 posts, read 3,132,544 times
Quote:
You cant spell either.. Same sex couples adopting children? Wrong. Poor kids going to grow up as a outcast in society and be ridiculed by kids because of his parents being special... Way to hurt a kids chance to excel and be happy...
Odd choice of an argument, since you'd be part of the mob making the poor kid feel like an outcast by treating them like an outcast.

Quote:
Other than that I cant wait till the first couple gets divorced, talking about a cat fight...LOL
Your charitable spirit is noted. I hope it comes back to you tenfold.

Old 07-20-2012, 04:00 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,836,753 times
ok, so which one of you was it who said that incest should be legalised? (or words to that effect)

A few pages back.

Do you not see how wrong that is, and why it undermines the s.s marriage campaign to come out with such a statement?

Many of the s.s supporters seem to think incest to be fine - what a joke!

Old 07-20-2012, 04:03 AM

If God made man and man to be together, then why did He feel the need to create woman as well?

for the atheist: simply substitute the word God for nature, and He for it

Old 07-20-2012, 04:24 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,384,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
If God made man and man to be together, then why did He feel the need to create woman as well?
Are you implying that a woman's only worth is her ability to sexually reproduce, or how she might please a man?

Old 07-20-2012, 04:35 AM

as far as nature is concerned, then it is the propagation of the species that is paramount.

so of what use is a same sex union, in this regard?

Old 07-20-2012, 04:41 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,268,742 times
Quote:
as far as nature is concerned, then it is the propagation of the species that is paramount.
thankfully that strain of thinking went out in the 18th century with the advent of modern medicine.

apparently you wish to join those with such neanderthal thinking.

Old 07-20-2012, 04:52 AM

3,500 posts, read 3,132,544 times
Quote:

If you're arguing that the propagation of the species is paramount, then it's counterproductive to argue that gays shouldnt be allowed to be parents. (Unless, of course you are dismissing IVF, surrogacy, and adoption because they aren't what nature intended)

Old 07-20-2012, 07:17 AM

10,028 posts, read 9,500,216 times
Quote:
Its Jehova Witness. They are some evil people. I dated one when I was younger. The girl never celbrated anything and her family wasn't even close to being nice. Most of their church group just had an aura of meanness. Whatever you believ about the Bible is not worthy of my consideration because agnostics ad athiest can't discern what is the turth, so says the Bible. Being a non believer is a worldview, therefore there is no such thing as an athiest and Christianity is true. God Bless you and we wil pray for your unbelieving ways
What's a Jehova Witness...LOL. Slow down and relax. It's Jehovah's Witness.

Old 07-20-2012, 08:25 AM

2,505 posts, read 2,325,365 times
Quote:

What if, I know this might be difficult to understand, you don't want to bring more children into this world as so many children are tossed aside as it is? Seriously, you need to wake up.

Not everyone is attracted to the same people. While you might be attracted to a blond bombshell, I might be attracted to the shy brunette bookworm. Same thing goes for gender. We might be attracted to these females, but so could another female. I see nothing wrong with this. We don't really control who we are attracted to.

The use of same-sex marriage in this regard is that two people love each-other and want to start a family, and frankly, it's none of your damn business. You have no say in it. If it's not your body and not your mind, you have no say. It's not a hard concept to grasp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies