Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2012, 07:01 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
Why do we want to encourage homosexual values by allowing for this abomination anyway?

Gays have a certain look in their eyes due to evolutionary tendencies and quite possibly instinct.

So by allowing s.s marriage and adoption, the children of these couples, may well absorb some of this tendency.

That is not a good thing as it will lead to a dilution of the correct form of DNA.
I think there's a few 'roos loose in your top paddock mate.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:08 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,387,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
(to Kenneth-Kaunda) Why ask for proof if you refuse to even read it?
I'd like an answer to that one myself...

Old 08-06-2012, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
Care to post a link to this documentation?
I don't think he's allowed to post pictures of his butt.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:12 AM

Quote:
so Zach Wahls is proof now is he! - ha , ha that's absolutely ridiculous

what is it with this poster boy anyway - Zach speaks, Zach is the truth!

what a ****ing joke, ha ha

Zach is one man - he doesn't prove jack****!

can we please just forget about Zach Wehls already.

the biggest yawn of the whole debate
Your posts are the biggest joke of the whole thread.

And you STILL keep conveniently ignoring this:

Here is a review of all the research on gay and lesbian parenting:

http://www.apa.org/pi/lgbt/resources/parenting-full.pdf

And from health professionals who actually know what they are talking about because they use evidence instead of parroting prejudiced ignorant nonsense:

American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP represents over 8,500 child and adolescent psychiatrists.)

"Current research shows that children with gay and lesbian parents do not differ from children with heterosexual parents in their emotional development or in their relationships with peers and adults. It is important for parents to understand that it is the quality of the parent/child relationship and not the parent’s sexual orientation that has an effect on a child’s development. Research has shown that in contrast to common beliefs, children of lesbian, gay, or transgender parents:
  • Are not more likely to be gay than children with heterosexual parents.
  • Are not more likely to be sexually abused.
  • Do not show differences in whether they think of themselves as male or female (gender identity).
  • Do not show differences in their male and female behaviors (gender role behavior)."

American Academy of Pediatrics: (represents over 60,000 Pediatricians)
"A growing body of scientific literature demonstrates that children who grow up with 1 or 2 gay and/or lesbian parents fare as well in emotional, cognitive, social, and sexual functioning as do children whose parents are heterosexual. Children’s optimal development seems to be influenced more by the nature of the relationships and interactions within the family unit than by the particular structural form it takes."

American Psychological Association - Amicus Briefs on Gay and Lesbian Parenting.(The APA represents over 137,000 Psychologists)
"Overall, the belief that children of lesbian and gayparents suffer deficits in personal development has no empirical foundation.

The results of some studies suggest that lesbian mothers' and gay fathers' parenting skills may be superior to those of matched heterosexual couples. For instance, Flaks, Fischer, Masterpasqua, and Joseph (1995) reported that lesbian couples' parenting awareness skills were stronger than those of heterosexual couples. This was attributed to greater parenting awareness among lesbian nonbiological mothers than among heterosexual fathers. In one study, Brewaeys and her colleagues (1997) likewise reported more favorable patterns of parent-child interaction among lesbian as compared to heterosexual parents, but in another, they found greater similarities (Vanfraussen, Ponjaert-Kristoffersen, & Brewaeys, 2003)."

From The Journal of Marriage and Family Volume 72, Issue 1, pages 3–22, February 2010
How Does the Gender of Parents Matter? - Biblarz - 2010 - Journal of Marriage and Family - Wiley Online Library
The entrenched conviction that children need both a mother and a father inflames culture wars over single motherhood, divorce, gay marriage, and gay parenting. Research to date, however, does not support this claim. Contrary to popular belief, studies have not shown that "compared to all other family forms, families headed by married, biological parents are best for children" (Popenoe, quoted in Center for Marriage and Family, p. 1).
Research has not identified any gender-exclusive parenting abilities (with the partial exception of lactation). Our analysis confirms an emerging consensus among prominent researchers of fathering and child development. The third edition of Lamb's (1997) authoritative anthology directly reversed the inaugural volume's premise when it concluded that "very little about the gender of the parent seems to be distinctly important" (p. 10). Likewise, in Fath-erneed, Pruett (2000), a prominent advocate of involved fathering, confided, "I also now realize that most of the enduring parental skills are probably, in the end, not dependent on gender" (p. 18).

http://www.3dca.flcourts.org/Opinions/3D08-3044.pdf
The quality and breadth of research available, as well as the results of the studies performed about gay parenting and children of gay parents, is robust and has provided the basis for a consensus in the field. Many well renowned, regarded and respected professionals have [produced] methodologically sound longitudinal and cross-sectional studies into hundreds of reports.

Some of the longitudinal studies have tracked children for six, ten and fourteen years. The starting ages of the children in the longitudinal studies has varied from birth, six to ten years old and followed them throughout childhood, adolescence and into adulthood.

The studies and reports are published in many well respected peer reviewed journals including the Journal of Child Development, the Journal of Family Psychology, the Journal of Child Psychology, and the Journal of Child Psychiatry. Each of the studies and hundreds of reports also withstood the rigorous peer review process and were tested statistically, rationally and methodologically by seasoned professionals prior to publication.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:18 AM

2,505 posts, read 2,326,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
I took history courses on a graduate level at an absolutely secular school in Europe. You, however are still at the level of reading popular books on history. That's McDonald of history. Appealing but not much substance.
And yet I still know more about history and how historians do their work than you do.

Quote:
I proved you wrong on existence of gay marriage in antiquity as you could not provide single name of Roman citizen who married another male Roman citizen
Can you?
Can you list every single Roman marriage? No. Why? Because only certain marriages were recorded.

Lack of evidence is not evidence of proof. Several of us pointed out Nero and other leaders, you denied them without even providing evidence to suggest otherwise.

Quote:
The same way I proved you wrong on gay marriage in Greece. There was none.There is no single description of such marriage.
Just as the majority of marriages were not recorded.

Quote:
I can prove you wrong on any other subject you mentioned but why?
You have an agenda and no logic will ever change your mind.
No, you can't prove me wrong, if you could you would provide sources for your claims. I have done this, you have not.

Secret Gay Agenda Revealed - YouTube

Old 08-06-2012, 07:19 AM

Quote:
I took history courses on a graduate level at an absolutely secular school in Europe. You, however are still at the level of reading popular books on history. That's McDonald of history. Appealing but not much substance.

I proved you wrong on existence of gay marriage in antiquity as you could not provide single name of Roman citizen who married another male Roman citizen
Can you?
The same way I proved you wrong on gay marriage in Greece. There was none.There is no single description of such marriage.
I can prove you wrong on any other subject you mentioned but why?
You have an agenda and no logic will ever change your mind.
It's shocking how prejudice can make a person completely delusional.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:32 AM

Quote:
BTW. Do youvrealize you argue like a five years old?

I feel like I'm trying to 'argue' with a 5 year old.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:46 AM

Quote:
This basically sums up Pofessor Dale's waffle.....

so he's not sure, just trying to use a lot of wordplay to somehow make homosexuality acceptable in the Bible.

one of his wordplays suggests that we must not confuse 'understand' with 'stand under' as they both mean different things.

a real waffle, and can't believe I read through all that dross!
Went way over your head, did it?

Old 08-06-2012, 12:42 PM

3,501 posts, read 3,134,706 times
Quote:
Hardly... American Indians are hardly part of Western civilization which we are apart of, and you never proved that marriages between people of same sex were a part of that tradition.

If you want to provide clear evidence then quote a Roman law specifically instituting same sex marriages or even unions or even mentioning two men or two women in reference to marriage. Quote some written accounts of same-sex marriages or unions in ancient Rome.
Show some written accounts of same-sex marriage being a part of Christian civilization i.e. the past two thousand years of history in the Western World.
You gays really want to rationalize your affliction and quest for same-sex marriage but can't ever provide any EVIDENCE of same sex marriage being a part of tradition of the Western Civilization.

Same sex marriages are not a part of any tradition in the world as all four major religion of the world Christianity, Islam, Hinduism and Judaism do not approve of homosexuality not to mention approval for same-sex unions and marriages. Where is that same-sex tradition then????
If Western Civilization is your yardstick, why are you so focused on the past (traditions) and disregarding the fact that presently 21 nations recognize same sex unions (Marriage or civil) including The UK, Ireland, Germany, Switzerland, etc.
It doesn't get much more "Western" than that chunk of civilization, does it?

Old 08-06-2012, 03:16 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
If Western Civilization is your yardstick, why are you so focused on the past (traditions) and disregarding the fact that presently 21 nations recognize same sex unions (Marriage or civil) including The UK, Ireland, Germany, Switzerland, etc.
It doesn't get much more "Western" than that chunk of civilization, does it?

But as Americans, we compare ourselves to the standards of the third world, not other civilized, Western nations!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies