Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 04:54 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Sorry, this is a red herring. A heterosexual married father with five children by his wife molesting his daughters is a bizzare aberration, almost unheard of.
Daughters being molested by their fathers or by another male relative is an aberration? Really? So who exactly is out there molesting all those girls exactly?

Quote:
Molestation was not the point of the story.
Molestation is abuse. Abuse is the topic of your thread.

Quote:
Read the interview. Her experience is not some kind of freak, marginal case like the Browns. It's mainstream "gay culture".
You must not know any gay couples. It most certainly is not part of mainstream gay couple, especially among those who have children.

All you created in your thread is a logical fallacy in which you extrapolate from one person's experience the experience of ALL children raised by gay couples. Faulty logic that only homophobic bigots will accept.

Old 07-09-2012, 04:55 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
You don't get it - the willful placement of a child in a homosexual household is harmful to the child's development - they are being exposed to an immoral lifestyle and they are being deprived of both male and female parental influences. Doing so should be considered child abuse.

You are deflecting by talking about specific - overt acts.
My children are in no way abused. The oldest graduated top 10 in her class in the Navy. The second is in his second year at UK.
The youngest makes all As and Bs. Is a cub scout, involved in the community, takes martial arts, and is a well rounded young man with wonderful manners, and an incredible vocabulary.
AND they all like the opposite sex.

They ALL are loving, and accepting human beings.
I couldn't be more proud of them.

Old 07-09-2012, 04:56 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,041,135 times
A: Because homosexuals are the only sexuality that experience open relationships.

B: Why are open relationships tantamount to child abuse? Why is it a bad thing to be more promiscuous, as long as one is careful not to get STDs? Being promiscuous=/=parading your sex life in front of your kids.

C: Because one example discounts numerous accounts of healthy balanced children from homosexual households. I KNOW. HEY, THAT ONE KID GOT MESSED UP AND HAD HETERO PARENTS. LET'S JUST BAN HETEROS FROM BEING PARENTS.

Old 07-09-2012, 04:57 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Contrary to the lies and disinformation of homosexualists and their fellow travelers, being raised as a child in an GLBT home is a nightmare. Dawn Stefanowicz grew up in such a home and has written about her experience in a 2007 book titled "Out From Under".

The book is not for the squeamish. She describes some of what she went through in a recent interview:

"For children such as myself, just because our parents are 'partnered,' doesn’t mean they are monogamous. Monogamy in the gay community means 'serial monogamy,' you have a single partner for several months and then move on, or you’re in a relationship but have multiple partners on the side. Research shows that most male homosexual relationships become open within the first year. [MOD CUT/copyright] ..."

Let's put it this way: the public, homosexual lifestyle is tantamount to child abuse and should be treated as such.
I'm getting confused so male homosexuals at a drop of a dime can partner with women and have children but then decide to stop being with women? I thought homosexuals are born this way but there appears to be an element of choice working here.

Quote:
Dawn was born in Toronto. Her father became an active homosexual at an early age. He was a successful businessman. Desiring children, he married, and the relationship produced Dawn and two brothers, one her twin. After Dawn and her brother were conceived, their father ended sexual relations with his wife, and pursued homosexual relationships at well-known gay meeting places in Canada and the United States. Dawn was often brought along to many of these locations, even as a child. Her father had numerous gay lovers, and brought them into the home. At age 51, in 1991, he died of AIDS.

Old 07-09-2012, 04:58 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Most single parents aren't the result of placement and adoption. These kids are being put into homes purposely just so that homosexuals can claim that their lifestyle is natural and normal. Single parenthood is a tragedy - but it does occur - and its existance is irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

Homosexuals don't accidentally find themselves adoption children,
I know a few single parents who adopted, or went to a sperm bank and got pregnant. I also know a woman who had cancer and quickly had a child with donated sperm before the chemo rendered her infertile.

You said that you needed BOTH parents to raise a child, so I think single parenthood is very relevant considering the children are only being raised by a parent of a single sex.

Homosexuals can raise children just as well as heterosexual families. At least you know they WANTED their children...aren't around 50% of pregnancies unexpected and unplanned nowadays?

Old 07-09-2012, 05:00 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,041,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I'm getting confused so male homosexuals at a drop of a dime can partner with women and have children but then decide to stop being with women? I thought homosexuals are born this way but there appears to be an element of choice working here.
Societal pressures. Some may be gay, but repress it to fall in line with society. Just because you may be homosexual, doesn't stop the junk from working when stimulated.

Old 07-09-2012, 05:01 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Sounds to me he was a closet homosexual and got married/had children to 'fit in'. Because he was living a lie, he became self destructive and acted on his true feelings, which was to be with a man and not a woman.

I've known at least 3 homosexuals that basically lived a lie until they came out because they didn't want to deal with the societal implications of being gay. It's more common than you think. If the man in the story was allowed to be gay do you think he would have wanted to settle down with a partner instead of being secretly promiscuous? Who knows.

Old 07-09-2012, 05:06 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Societal pressures. Some may be gay, but repress it to fall in line with society. Just because you may be homosexual, doesn't stop the junk from working when stimulated.
That is just a bunch of rationalizing hooey. Societal pressures? No - you can't have it both ways - if homosexuality is an inborn trait - one is not going to make the willful choice to be with a woman. The fact that they made a choice demonstrates that it is a chosen lifestyle - just as I could choose to be gay if I wanted to.

Actually this is very funny - the homosexual activists always act skeptical when I straight person says they could choose to be with the same sex - but now you want us to believe that gay people choose to be with the opposite sex just because they are "repressing" their "true" orientation and giving into societal demands? How come it can't work both ways?

Sexual preference is a choice. Children belong with two parents of the opposite gender for the ideal environment of development to be present. Actively playing games with their development in the interest of making homosexuality be "accepted" is wrong.

Old 07-09-2012, 05:06 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
So should all swingers be banned from having kids?
If they are exposing their children to this type of childhood then yes.

Old 07-09-2012, 05:08 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,169,459 times
Why don't we just make having children illegal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies