Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2012, 09:30 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You're talking about the "voluntarily uninsured". Mostly young, single, childless males.

http://epionline.org/studies/oneill_06-2009.pdf
As I said feel free to pony up for those who for what ever reason have notr seen fit to get their own insurance.
What's next car insurance? Are you going to buy car insurance for un insured drivers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2012, 09:30 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
$100 per year and you think that will cover insurance ? Who are you kidding ?
Read post #110. Do we need to retype it slowly to help you out?

Old 07-10-2012, 09:33 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
As I said feel free to pony up for those who for what ever reason have notr seen fit to get their own insurance.
What's next car insurance? Are you going to buy car insurance for un insured drivers?
Hey, I'm not the one who is opposed to the mandate. I think those young, single, childless males with adequate income should buy health insurance.

Old 07-10-2012, 09:34 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,506 times
Gotta love the left - do it or else! And they think it's the right that's taking away your freedoms???

Old 07-10-2012, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Read post #110. Do we need to retype it slowly to help you out?
What is the fair share? To me fair share is everyone pay for their own.
My fair share for lunch isn't mine plus yours because you blew your money on lottery tickets last night.
The citizens of Texas elected perry to represent them. To lead them in the manner he campiagned on. His job is not to be an Obama boot licker or a romney boot licker.
People need to forget about their party of choice. If perry isn't doing as he promised or as the citizens of Texas wish then he will be fired.
You talk about Texas and AZ mooching. Where is the federal gov when it comes to border security? That is 100% the feds job and they have not kept their end of the deal. As a result these states are drowning in the expenses associated with illegals. maybe they feel thier fair share is covering for the failings of the fed?

Old 07-10-2012, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Gotta love the left - do it or else! And they think it's the right that's taking away your freedoms???
Another republican trying to take the high ground of thinking they are better people because they are more patriotic etc. blah blah blah. That stuff is dying very quickly. The internet has opened the eyes of the middle class as to this stuff. No liberal or Dem is telling you what to do. The SCOTUS told you guys what you should be doing and that was reinforced by the head of the Scotus. Why can't you mopes accept that?

Old 07-10-2012, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Hey, I'm not the one who is opposed to the mandate. I think those young, single, childless males with adequate income should buy health insurance.
I think everyone should pay their own way. Cant afford kids stop having them. Besides the mandate is way to low. It should equal what the average cost of insurance is anually plus $1000.00. The incentive would be to buy your own damned insurance.
Too poor for insurance? Then quit having kids.
Too poor for insurance? community service to offset what you cost us.
hey your all for civic duty right?

Old 07-10-2012, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
What is the fair share? To me fair share is everyone pay for their own.
My fair share for lunch isn't mine plus yours because you blew your money on lottery tickets last night.
The citizens of Texas elected perry to represent them. To lead them in the manner he campiagned on. His job is not to be an Obama boot licker or a romney boot licker.
People need to forget about their party of choice. If perry isn't doing as he promised or as the citizens of Texas wish then he will be fired.
You talk about Texas and AZ mooching. Where is the federal gov when it comes to border security? That is 100% the feds job and they have not kept their end of the deal. As a result these states are drowning in the expenses associated with illegals. maybe they feel thier fair share is covering for the failings of the fed?
Don't try and change the subject. That is called DEFLECTING.

Old 07-10-2012, 09:44 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Don't try and change the subject. That is called DEFLECTING.
He's right on subject. Perry (I'm not a fan) is speaking for the majority of Texans. Our legislature will determine what we do, he is just a spokesman with very little power.

Old 07-10-2012, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Another republican trying to take the high ground of thinking they are better people because they are more patriotic etc. blah blah blah. That stuff is dying very quickly. The internet has opened the eyes of the middle class as to this stuff. No liberal or Dem is telling you what to do. The SCOTUS told you guys what you should be doing and that was reinforced by the head of the Scotus. Why can't you mopes accept that?
This middle class man understands that it is me and other middle class that will foot the bill for this obama care. The only winners in this is the illegals, people who pop babies out left and right and the insurance companies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies