Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2012, 06:02 PM

170 posts, read 129,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Because it gives legitimacy to the behavior of homosexuality.

I don't give a damn about it being found in the animal kingdom. "Animals exhibit same sex behaviors" - so what. It's abnormal for two people of the same sex to engage in sexual behaviors. I have said before it's a neutral condition, it's stagnation. Biologically it's abnormal.

When legitimacy is given, that opens the door to homosexuality being taught as an equivalent/alternative social relationship structure in schools. (It already has been, and is).

It's advertised freely in magazines, newspapers, television, films, furthering legitimacy by desensitizing people to the lifestyle.

It may be your normal, but it's not everyone's normal, and 3% of the population dictating to the majority is ludicrous.
You're confusing abnormal and not frequent. Two very different things. Abnormality usually implies that it is somehow not beneficial at best, and usually detrimental. Infrequent means that it is within the realm of normality, but does not occur often. Red hair is not abnormal, but rather infrequent. Homosexuality is infrequent, but not abnormal.

Yes it should be taught as an equivalent, because it is.

Really it's advertised? Buy one gay, get the other half off. Joking aside, it's good that people realize that minorities should be treated the same as the majority.

How are gays dictating the population? Nobody is forcing you to have homosexual relations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2012, 06:18 PM

170 posts, read 129,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Hit the nail on the head
If he can even post the link that he answered then I would figure that would be acceptable. I just don't understand why debate and then not answer a pointed question. It makes no sense to me.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:24 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Because it gives legitimacy to the behavior of homosexuality.

I don't give a damn about it being found in the animal kingdom. "Animals exhibit same sex behaviors" - so what. It's abnormal for two people of the same sex to engage in sexual behaviors. I have said before it's a neutral condition, it's stagnation. Biologically it's abnormal.

When legitimacy is given, that opens the door to homosexuality being taught as an equivalent/alternative social relationship structure in schools. (It already has been, and is).

It's advertised freely in magazines, newspapers, television, films, furthering legitimacy by desensitizing people to the lifestyle.

It may be your normal, but it's not everyone's normal, and 3% of the population dictating to the majority is ludicrous.
Then be sure NOT to indulge in homosexual behavior, if you must feel that way about it. Religious ministers who preach against the homosexual lifestyle and then go sneak away to indulge in it need to take my advice.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:36 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Domestic unions. Yes

Civil union. Yes.

Marriage (church). No.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:41 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Domestic unions. Yes

Civil union. Yes.

Marriage (church). No.
Church has nothing to do with it, straights can get legally married anywhere.

Last edited by kshe95girl; 07-10-2012 at 07:56 PM..

Old 07-10-2012, 07:02 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUOK? View Post
If he can even post the link that he answered then I would figure that would be acceptable. I just don't understand why debate and then not answer a pointed question. It makes no sense to me.
The poster is correct, it is a game and the poster is wise to it.

Old 07-10-2012, 07:24 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,074,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
It's unnatural, did not develop organically in any culture on the face of the Earth and it's not in society's interests to condone or promote.

10 Reasons Why Homosexual

1. It Is Not Marriage

2. It Violates Natural Law

3. It Always Denies a Child Either a Father or a Mother

4. It Validates and Promotes the Homosexual Lifestyle

5. It Turns a Moral Wrong into a Civil Right

6. It Does Not Create a Family but a Naturally Sterile Union

7. It Defeats the State’s Purpose of Benefiting Marriage

8. It Imposes Its Acceptance on All Society

9. It Is the Cutting Edge of the Sexual Revolution

10. It Offends God

I could do without number 10 but it sums up my stance nicely.

Another site put out by Bigots ...

I would like to know how they KNOW #10 .. From the same book that says it is OK to own and beat slaves, beat your wife, and KILL your children if they misbehave or forbid, practice the wrong religion or none?

Old 07-10-2012, 07:43 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,672,411 times
What if a church was willing to marry a gay couple? Why should the state step in and say..."you can't do that".

Old 07-10-2012, 07:50 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
That verse does not require a rape victim to marry the rapist - it requires the rapist to marry the rape victim - specifically because he has violated her. It also requires the payment of 50 shekels to compensate for the rape.

Do you miss the word "violated" - and the fact that a monetary penalty is required to be paid? Doesn't exactly condone rape, does it?

The man must marry the woman because through his own actions he is now responsible for her - he screwed up - sex is not free and rape is always wrong - and most certainly prohibited in the Bible.
That's the most nonsensical answer I've ever heard. You asked us to supply a Biblical verse sanctioning rape and I did so. The rapist is not punished, outside of paying a dowry. He is required to marry the girl who has been violated. What right does the woman have in this situation? None.

Old 07-10-2012, 07:50 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
What if a church was willing to marry a gay couple? Why should the state step in and say..."you can't do that".
The state shouldn't have anything to do with marriage.

Let's remove all this legal "benefits" and government recognition of marriage - and make relational unions -contracts of comittment that are enforceable in the courts. If two men or two women wanted to enter into such a contract - they could - and it would be enforceable by the courts. The same would apply to opposite sex couples - no government recognition or benefits - just acknowlegment that a contract exists between two consensual parties.

If churches wanted to call them marriages then they could do so.

This should solve the problem easily - but everytime I propose it - the gay marriage proponents dismiss it because it eliminates the "goodies" - which is what they are really after - that and legitamcy for their immoral lifestyle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies