Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 02:03 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Dems want anyone who have anything of substance to just shut up! Anyone with a shred of truth, to just go away?

Dems want anyone with their own mind, to blow away in the wind.
Claiming that you have a higher security rating than the Commander in Chief isn't substance.
Saying that you're a latter day Harriet Tubman isn't substance
Saying that blacks are stupid and they only vote the way they do because they're brainwashed and if they wanted to change their political party they wouldn't know how to do it isn't substance

Where's the racism in the article?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2012, 02:06 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
This is an article about Allen West responding to an article that he says is racist. There's a link to the article on the site. Where is the racist part? Seriously, show me where in the article is even mentions West's race

Allen West: ‘True Racism’ Lies With Liberals Who Think Black Conservatives Need ‘Approval’ From Their ‘Masters’ | Fox News Interviews With Huckabee, Briggs | Video | TheBlaze.com
1. In the future, please link the article you want us to read...helps us from having to dig into sub-links.
2. I didn't find the article racist.
3. Playing the race card in every possible situation and argument is about as rare around here and in politics as a redneck at a nascar race.

Old 07-10-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
1. In the future, please link the article you want us to read...helps us from having to dig into sub-links.
2. I didn't find the article racist.
3. Playing the race card in every possible situation and argument is about as rare around here and in politics as a redneck at a nascar race.
I did. The thread is actually about the Blaze article and West's complaining. I'm just asking what he's complaining about

Old 07-10-2012, 02:11 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:
Can't find any racism in the article either huh? BTW West isn't just some guy posting on a political forum, he's a Congressman who is adored by the right and even named by many as a desirable Presidential candidate
There's racism all over that article.

That would be what we'd be hearing if it were about Obozo the clown.

Oh....and Holder being questioned about fast & furious.....all due to racism of course

I see the left doesn't like it when the right uses their favorite excuse.

Old 07-10-2012, 02:23 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Allen West is nutty just like his fans. For those of you think that anyone wants him to shut up, you couldn't be more wrong. Keep talking Allen West - anyone that isn't a RWNJ can see him for what he really is, a RWNJ.
A Referee With a Nose Job? Why shouldn't a referee get a nose job if he or she wants one?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Old 07-10-2012, 02:24 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
This is an article about Allen West responding to an article that he says is racist. There's a link to the article on the site. Where is the racist part? Seriously, show me where in the article is even mentions West's race

Allen West: ‘True Racism’ Lies With Liberals Who Think Black Conservatives Need ‘Approval’ From Their ‘Masters’ | Fox News Interviews With Huckabee, Briggs | Video | TheBlaze.com

I can think of a dozen things that would fit this buffoon but a racist is not one them

Old 07-10-2012, 02:25 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Allen West is the black voice in the wilderness that the dems would rather not hear.. He is black and he is telling the truth . The dems don't want to lose control over the blacks.. West is another way of thinking which the dems can't stand to have around.

If West was not black they would not be so hard on him in the article..because of his blackness , he is more effective in saying I am a black man and there is another way to think. Allen West's blackness is a threat so they beat his message down.

Old 07-10-2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I can think of a dozen things that would fit this buffoon but a racist is not one them
I would say that it's racist to claim that blacks aren't able to change their political party with some latter day Harriet Tubman, or to claim that when they vote they don't really know what they're doing and only vote that way because they're brainwashed

I didn't mean where's the racism in Allen West, I meant where's the racism in the Times article

Old 07-10-2012, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Allen West is the black voice in the wilderness that the dems would rather not hear.. He is black and he is telling the truth . The dems don't want to lose control over the blacks.. West is another way of thinking which the dems can't stand to have around.

If West was not black they would not be so hard on him in the article..because of his blackness , he is more effective in saying I am a black man and there is another way to think. Allen West's blackness is a threat so they beat his message down.
Show me where the racism is in the L.A. Times article

Old 07-11-2012, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post

You're answer proves what I've said before, that any time a black conservative is critized the right will claim it's racism.

I think it might be because of this impression you somehow got that we're super sensitive to being called racist or being seen as racist and want to avoid it at all cost, so you think that by crying racism then we'll stop critizing them. I don't think that works with too many people and it certainly doesn't work with me.

The article is in no way racist, not even close. There is not an once of racism in that article. It is 100% non racist. You absurd claim that they would have gone easier on a white guy is proof of that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies