U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2012, 07:54 AM

833 posts, read 1,472,289 times

Advertisements

The House of Representatives want to crack down on food stamp eligibility and already advocates for the poor are stating people will go hungry.

Really ?

I was just reading the Little Rock Democrat Gazette and found out despite Arkansas having a higher than average food stamp participation, the proposal won't affect Arkansas food stamp recipiants.

Why ?
Because Arkansas certifies people only after they meet the criteria for food stamps. Currently, in areas other than Arkansas, one can recieve a $1 heating allowance ( easy to obtain ), and that entitles you to be eligible for food stamps.

Don't belive all the "hype " that the House version of the farm bill will result in hungry kids.
If states are doing their jobs requiring verification for eligibility for foodstamps,there would be no need for this.

If Arkansas can verify eligibility for foodstamps on a casa by case basis, why can't other states ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 08:02 AM

86,093 posts, read 72,525,560 times
I want to know how people on food stamps can afford to go to Hawaii.
"Looking for jobs" just doesn't cut it in my world of logic.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:07 AM

1,698 posts, read 1,538,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwolf fan View Post
The House of Representatives want to crack down on food stamp eligibility and already advocates for the poor are stating people will go hungry.

Really ?

I was just reading the Little Rock Democrat Gazette and found out despite Arkansas having a higher than average food stamp participation, the proposal won't affect Arkansas food stamp recipiants.

Why ?
Because Arkansas certifies people only after they meet the criteria for food stamps. Currently, in areas other than Arkansas, one can recieve a $1 heating allowance ( easy to obtain ), and that entitles you to be eligible for food stamps.

Don't belive all the "hype " that the House version of the farm bill will result in hungry kids.
If states are doing their jobs requiring verification for eligibility for foodstamps,there would be no need for this.

If Arkansas can verify eligibility for foodstamps on a casa by case basis, why can't other states ?
Can you please give us a source, particularly for your statement in bold? I used to apply for these types of benefits for patients in my old job, and I'm pretty sure that what you are saying is misleading or just not true. Every state probably has completely different criteria. Although it's been a few years, so who knows.

Old 07-11-2012, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
Can you please give us a source, particularly for your statement in bold? I used to apply for these types of benefits for patients in my old job, and I'm pretty sure that what you are saying is misleading or just not true. Every state probably has completely different criteria. Although it's been a few years, so who knows.
Arkansas Democrat Gazette........July 11 2012.......( font page )

ArkansasOnline.com

Old 07-11-2012, 10:15 AM

21,660 posts, read 11,130,115 times
Foodstamp swipe card buys booze, cigarettes, and can be used to gamble. they are really poor..

Old 07-11-2012, 10:41 AM

( from the article)-------"Instead of doing a full test of a person's assets and income,at least 40 states condition food stamp eligibility on whether a person participates in the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families Federal welfare program "

"Similarly,in at least 16 states, people who participate in the Low Income Home Energy Assistance program are automatically eligible for food stamps. "

" In many instances, states will send a person an energy -assistance benefit of $1 in order to save paperwork and lump them into the foodstamp program In what is known as -- heat and eat- arrangement.

What a racket. !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies