Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 11:59 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I could believe that. I don't, presently, but if the proper evidence was presented, I could.

If you're ever able to produce that evidence, be sure to let us know.
Same here. It is certainly not impossible that someone in government knew of the attacks in advance and let it happen.

But present such a theory intelligently demonstrating knowledge of reality. I don't want to hear that there was a memo in August of 2001 warning of terrorists potentially using planes as weapons. US intelligence gets about 600 - 800 such pieces of information every day. The World Trade Center got threats almost every day, most of them from nutcases in NYC, but some taken seriously. If you worked there, you sure as hell knew you worked in a terrorist-target building, and if you worked there, you sure as hell thought about planes hitting the building. I personally know two people at the WTC who said in advance of 9/11 that when they came back, it would be with planes, only neither had the exact scenario that happened. They both lived to say "I told you so."

Old 07-12-2012, 12:29 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
But present such a theory intelligently demonstrating knowledge of reality. I don't want to hear that there was a memo in August of 2001 warning of terrorists potentially using planes as weapons. US intelligence gets about 600 - 800 such pieces of information every day. The World Trade Center got threats almost every day, most of them from nutcases in NYC, but some taken seriously. If you worked there, you sure as hell knew you worked in a terrorist-target building, and if you worked there, you sure as hell thought about planes hitting the building. I personally know two people at the WTC who said in advance of 9/11 that when they came back, it would be with planes, only neither had the exact scenario that happened. They both lived to say "I told you so."
Even the most critical voices within the government, people like Richard Clarke, who excoriated the Bush administration for failing to heed the warnings that were noted for concern was the result of omission not commission.

Old 07-12-2012, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Even the most critical voices within the government, people like Richard Clarke, who excoriated the Bush administration for failing to heed the warnings that were noted for concern was the result of omission not commission.
Good point. If someone in the opposing camp had that on Bush, you'd better believe they would have done everything they could to bring it to light.

Old 07-12-2012, 12:45 PM

9,137 posts, read 5,799,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponDad View Post
provide me PROOF that it wasn't a conspiracy. Bush needed a reason to attack Iraq and institute his "patriot" act and this was it. Its called a false flag operation.Roosevelt had his Pearl Harbor,Bush had his 9/11,just waiting for Obama's.
Seriously, Bush pulled off the greatest conspiracy
of all time, but couldn't plant a few WMDs in Iraq?

Old 07-12-2012, 12:50 PM

9,137 posts, read 5,799,525 times
How did they recruit people to blow up their fellow citizens?
What did they do when they asked one who said no? Disappear him?
This army of conspirators, required to pull off the greatest conspiracy
of all time, all kept quiet. No tinge of conscience? No death bed confession?
It defies reason that not one of this cast of thousands broke silence.
I don't care how many engineers can dance on the head of a pin.

Truthers are lunatics.

Old 07-12-2012, 12:54 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times
I was there. I saw the planes hit -- unless the OP is making the claim that there was a stunning coincidence where planes hit the buildings just as demolition squads were trying to blow it up.

It is also insulting to claim that no Jews died on that day there. Tell that to Jewish friends who lost loved ones there.

Old 07-12-2012, 01:00 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Honestly, why do the mods allow threads like this? There is no question about what happened, and there is no question that many Jews lost their lives.

Old 07-12-2012, 01:04 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
How did they recruit people to blow up their fellow citizens?
What did they do when they asked one who said no? Disappear him?
This army of conspirators, required to pull off the greatest conspiracy
of all time, all kept quiet. No tinge of conscience? No death bed confession?
It defies reason that not one of this cast of thousands broke silence.
I don't care how many engineers can dance on the head of a pin.

Truthers are lunatics.

There were just as many if not more that were complicit in the previous "conspiracies" but yet they happened only to be proven true decades later

Old 07-12-2012, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I was there. I saw the planes hit -- unless the OP is making the claim that there was a stunning coincidence where planes hit the buildings just as demolition squads were trying to blow it up.

It is also insulting to claim that no Jews died on that day there. Tell that to Jewish friends who lost loved ones there.
This one is always baffling. First thing that comes to mind is that the Executive Director of the Port Authority, which owned the building--the top guy--died in the attacks. Neil Levin. How is "Levin" not Jewish? What about Gary Lutnick of Cantor Fitzgerald, who died that day and whose brother Howard kept the company rolling? "Lutnick" isn't Jewish?

Even Lauren Manning, a Cantor employee famous for surviving the burns she got in the lobby when the burning jet fuel shot down the elevator shafts, is Jewish, though her name might not give it away as easily.

A building complex in Manhattan where 50,000 people worked and no Jews there. Yeah, right.

Old 07-12-2012, 01:07 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponDad View Post
Ah. Well article I got it from said it wrong then...my mistake either way he is still correct on the buildings.
Don't worry. You can't hurt your credibility when you have none.

Seriously, you latched onto the "no jews died" argument without it even setting off your anti-semetic BS detector?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies