Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 11:08 AM

477 posts, read 365,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Your repeating of crap that's been debunked over and over again amounts to a modern day blood libel - I stand by what I said.
Debunked by who? You folks on CD? Give me a break...I don't care who has "debunked" anything I stand by what I think. The government had a hand in 9/11 and at the very least knew it was going to happen.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:11 AM

23,844 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
What I don't understand is why can't it be plausible?
In order to be plausible, it must be possible.

The most common variant of the theory states that the buildings were brought down in a controlled demolition. That is not possible, given the circumstances.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:13 AM

23,844 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponDad View Post
The government ... at the very least knew it was going to happen.
I could believe that. I don't, presently, but if the proper evidence was presented, I could.

If you're ever able to produce that evidence, be sure to let us know.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:40 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

Just make things up, huh?
Is it any better just to continually cut and paste the same pieces of misinformation over and over again and then never respond to requests for verification of the information? You've posted this exact same thing several times in the past, word for word, yet when I've asked you questions, you never return and respond to them.

Quote:

True or false: The World Trade Center was originally scheduled to be bid out by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey in 2004, however it was inexplicably moved up to 1999.

TRUE
You're the only person I've ever heard make that claim (and of course, whoever put this on whatever source you're copying it from) so once again, what is your source for this claim? I don't really expect an answer. You've never answered this question in the past. Your wording that "The World Trade Center was originally scheduled to be bid out" leads me to believe you don't really have a handle on what the transaction in question was anyway. What I recall is that there was an aggressive push by the city and the state throughout the 1990s for the PA to put most of the WTC into private hands, as its core mission is a transportation agency. As part of that effort, the PA's real estate department just as aggressively marketed the building to its 2000 capacity of 95% occupancy--virtually full--which made it an attractive property on the market. The RE people effectively worked themselves right out of a job.

Quote:

True or False: Larry Silverstein was the winning bidder on the World Trade Center?

FALSE

A realty group from Chicago was awarded the bid in January 2001, but they backed out in March and Larry Silverstein was then awarded the bid in April 2001.
Inaccurate. Again, easy to see you're just another cut-and-paster. You've been told in the past that "A realty group from Chicago" is Vornado Realty. It's no secret that Vornado was the original low bidder for the net lease. This was covered by the press at the time and is easily found through an Internet search.

Your first false statement is a lame try and you can't even get the terminology correct. You don't "award a bid". Vornado, who was the originally low bidder, never entered into a net lease because the PA and Vornado were not able to come to terms after months of negotiations. Negotiations then commenced with SPI, the second low bidder, and the net lease was signed in July, about seven weeks before the attacks.

What this proves is...oh, that's right, nothing. Unless, of course, you're going to try to convince idiots that Silverstein made money off the attacks through the insurance payouts. Anyone with the most cursory familiarity with the NY real estate industry--or a basic grasp of math--knows that this is not true. He got $4.6 billion, money which by the terms of the 11 policies under which it was paid out must be used for the rebuilding, which sure as hell is costing him a lot more than $4.6 billion. If not, explain why he can't obtain financing for the construction of Towers 2 and 3.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:41 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
i buy the conspiracy theory. they saw it coming and wanted it to happen. this does not disprove that bin laden blew up twin towers of NYC. i am a bit suspicious of the quick disposal of bin laden body. makes me think he is still around.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 07-12-2012 at 11:55 AM..

Old 07-12-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Could he had possibly meant Isrealis? All Isrealis are jews, but not all jews are Isrealis.
Eh, one of my coworkers is an Israeli. He was at work that day, and got out alive. Maybe he didn't get the special memo.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:50 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,509,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponDad View Post
Debunked by who? You folks on CD? Give me a break...I don't care who has "debunked" anything I stand by what I think. The government had a hand in 9/11 and at the very least knew it was going to happen.
snopes.com: 9/11 Forewarned Jews

Old 07-12-2012, 11:52 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,509,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Eh, one of my coworkers is an Israeli. He was at work that day, and got out alive. Maybe he didn't get the special memo.
Neither did the six members of one synagogue or the 130 Israeli nationals that all died on 9/11. This is anti-Semitic nonsense propagated by nutjobs and bigots.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:54 AM

Quote:
What I don't understand is why can't it be plausible? The U.S government have done everything from topple democratic governments (Iran 1950s), to provoke wars under false pretenses (WWI/Iraq), exterminate a race of people (certain native American tribes), put it's own citizens in concentration camps (Japanese), sterilizations (poor/disable) and infected them with syphillis (blacks) so why would the deaths of a couple of thousand people mean anything to those who make billions from it matter?
Oh, it could be. You're missing the point, though, that we who don't buy the controlled-demolition theory aren't saying so because we don't believe the government is incapable of such acts.

We're saying so because the people who want so badly for it to have been a cd are using inaccurate and sometimes impossible information to make their case.

The whole government-conspiracy thing is built upon the idea that the government had access to and controlled situations and details that are known to have not been in their control. The story ignores basic facts and begins to sound like a movie or TV show--or, in the case of someone my age, exactly like the spy/CIA novels by Robert Ludlum popular in the 70s and 80s. (To you younger folks, Ludlum's best-known work is The Bourne Identity.)

Old 07-12-2012, 11:55 AM

477 posts, read 365,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
I don't believe the part about jews were forewarned I believe the government had a hand in the 9/11 disaster with help from Mossad and the U.S. and Israeli governments...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies