Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 03:01 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post

Is that your best response? Mock someone for a typo?

I didn't realize it was a typo. With all the name calling now a days it could be a bad name. I still don't know what it is. I was just asking. ?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2012, 03:16 PM

798 posts, read 1,033,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Stay with your uncle ruckus thoughts. At least some are leaving their racial baggage behind and their resentment of white people.

Also I know enough that not everyone is on welfare .If the shoe fits wear it.

I do have black neighbors who work very hard for a living.

I have never realized the division of the races till I started coming to city-data and now I see the name calling of black republicans. If you want Obama, just have to say he is no job creator.

If anyone wants to believe that the white people are all racists you can think that too. It is your choice.
OK I can see this isn't going to go anywhere, but I'll respond anyway. I don't think that Herman Cain or Allen West are Uncle Toms. I have repeatedly stated that, but you decided that I don't like them. I have nothing against white people, and all of my posts show that. You have decided that I don't like white people. I guess you know me better than I do.

I too never realized the division of races until I reached C-D. I have been all over the South and in the West as well. But nothing I heard or saw was nearly as bad as this.

I don't think that either candidate is strong, but I will not vote for Romney simply because he is the other option to Obama; that is not good reasoning. I don't like his track record, and I don't believe he should be in charge of the country. And still, I will vote to remove every politician that is currently in the Congress, because none of them are getting the job done. If you are that committed to changing the people in office, you should do the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
No it is usually that Obama has no problem taking credit when due, and usually points the fingers at everyone else, when he is playing the blame game, which he does so very often.

He makes this a double standard himself.
Nah, everyone makes it a double standard. If he is (which I don't think so, so we'll have to disagree), then he's just joining every voter and every other politician that there is. Nothing new. Again, I don't understand why conservatives and liberals try to make the other side seem like the bad guy. Both sides are the bad guy, but neither wants to admit their own faults.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144
Until liberals stop calling black republicans Uncle Toms, etc, etc, etc then conservatives won't see Joyce as a breath of fresh air. Her opinion is as important as anyone else's.
So for you to do something, the other side has to do something first. The Republicans call black Democrats names as well, but you aren't calling for a stop to that. Everyone needs to stop with the name calling and just let black people - or any person really - do what they want.

Old 07-13-2012, 03:21 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Don't know what you are getting at. If I were black I would want to be called a black lady. What do you want to call her---no wait----I don't think I want to know what you would call her."""

It's too simple for you....I'd call her a woman.....an American...a person with an opinion like everyone else.

""Never said her opinion was more important,"""

The why the designation "Black Lady" ??? Why is her color important?

"""it's just important, like anyone Else's.

Now tell me what is racist if one says Santa Claus---I am sure you can think of one. Seems everything is called racist now.
Yes, it is racist to refer to a black woman as "Black Lady" with capital letters as if she's a thing....

Old 07-13-2012, 03:28 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Yes, it is racist to refer to a black woman as "Black Lady" with capital letters as if she's a thing....
You must be seeing things. I put caps on the first letter to show respect like we do with any name. Your racism is making you see things that aren't there.

Old 07-13-2012, 03:35 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,685,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Because we never hear of anyone who is not voting for Obama. All we hear is 95% of blacks vote for Obama.. We never hear from the 5% and growing who will not vote for Obama.

And if we hear of any blacks who are republican.. well , you know how that goes.. they are pounced on by the democrats of all colors.
Oh like unicorns

Old 07-13-2012, 04:39 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Well as long as their are people who write about an Uncle Ruckus the whites will be resented.. the problem I see is the LEADERS of the blacks agenda don't do a darn thing to mend racial relationships . I am learning they don't want to mend or have any kind of brotherhood blacks and whites. It is only a small number of people who have been liberated from their resentment. What a person feeds on they become.Some want to feed on the negatives of Uncle Ruckus.. Some don't feed on garbage and become what they want.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:53 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
"Black Lady" is now a title? A designation? A stereotype?

No, just out and out RACISM.
WOW

Did you get that, folks?

Using the phrase 'black lady' will now get you rewarded with ear-splitting shrieks of 'racism!!'

Un-freakin'-believable.

Old 07-13-2012, 05:12 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Some here will say this is not the majority of blacks, that most are hard working middle class, I have my doubts.
Doubting reality is a sign of insanity don't cha know...

Old 07-13-2012, 05:14 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,503,428 times

Old 07-13-2012, 05:16 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,527,793 times
I have inlaws in South Texas that were staunch Democrats of several generations. They voted for him, too. I can't speak for them and who they'll vote for, but I can guess. They are probably hitting the martinis and wine, shocked, disillusioned very much and even a bit confused. They're the ones that have phoned hubby several times, blasting the current admin. for things and I hear hubby say something close to, "Don't grytch at me, he's YOUR president. I didn't vote for him!"

Funny how the phonecall is just about over once I hear that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies