Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 01:45 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,237,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LortiQU View Post
Yes but that's not crossdressing
Perhaps I was being a bit facetious, I'm known for doing that here, and elsewhere.

But, it's still not socially acceptable, people view CD's and transgendered persons with animosity, for whatever reasons that suit them. It doesn't however bother me at all. Wear what you want, it doesn't affect me at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2013, 01:55 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,470,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
It's not socially acceptable - yet.

Men wear kilts (skirts) in Scotland, don't they?

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...%3B2268%3B1512
Men of Europe used to all wear skirts. Roman legionaries too. But Roman civilian men mainly wore togas. But skirts were the primary article of dress for men.

I can thank reading a book on military history written by some retired U.S. Army officer I think, that I found that out and that men of Europe adopted wearing trousers from the nomadic horse men of the East like the Scythians.

Personally, I think in general, especially in heavily forested areas, trousers are better for combat. Skirts leave the testicles to exposed (branches, brush etc.).

Skirts are more hygienic for the male groin region during hot and especially humid days I think. Just like airing your feet and toes by taking them out of shoes.

Cross dressing has to do with gender identity though. And 9 time of 10 a person wants to dress in the articles of clothing associated with the opposite sex because they want to identify with or as that sex.

Old 09-22-2013, 02:02 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,237,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
Men of Europe used to all wear skirts. Roman legionaries too. But Roman civilian men mainly wore togas. But skirts were the primary article of dress for men.

I can thank reading a book on military history written by some retired U.S. Army officer I think, that I found that out and that men of Europe adopted wearing trousers from the nomadic horse men of the East like the Scythians.

Personally, I think in general, especially in heavily forested areas, trousers are better for combat. Skirts leave the testicles to exposed (branches, brush etc.).

Skirts are more hygienic for the male groin region during hot and especially humid days I think. Just like airing your feet and toes by taking them out of shoes.

Cross dressing has to do with gender identity though. And 9 time of 10 a person wants to dress in the articles of clothing associated with the opposite sex because they want to identify with or as that sex.
Well, I knew most of what your post informs, I won't touch on the subject any further because I believe you've covered all the bases.

Old 09-22-2013, 03:03 PM

994 posts, read 1,591,969 times
I don't get the problem with crossdressing either. I do it on occasion in private and don't see the big deal. People do it all the time and I'm sure that a lot of people do far worse stuff in their private lives besides crossdressing!

As far as the physical threats go, I'd love to see all these wannabe 'warriors' and 'Marines' try and mess with me for crossdressing. Anyone who threatens me is going to get ripped to pieces...if you threaten someone you better hope you can overpower me or outlast me because I won't care who you are or how many of you there are.

Old 09-22-2013, 05:42 PM

89 posts, read 146,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post

Not quite. Crossdressing has nothing to do with gender identity. Male crossdressers know they are men. There are different reasons for men to crossdress. On the other hand, transsexuals have to do with gender identity. Crossdressers do not want to change their gender or sex. Transsexuals want to change their sex. Transsexuals don't have to change their gender because they are already the gender they desire, they just want to change the outside to coincide with the inside. And by the way, people get confused with the word transgender. Some people use the owrd transgender to mean transsexual. That is inaccurate. Transgender is an umbrella term used to include crossdressers, transsexuals and everything in between. People that want to have a sex change are transsexuals. Crossdressers only dress in the opposite sex temporarally. They have no desire to have a sex change operation and they are happy being what they are born as. People don't research enough to understand things.

Old 09-22-2013, 05:46 PM

89 posts, read 146,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireandice1000 View Post
I don't get the problem with crossdressing either. I do it on occasion in private and don't see the big deal. People do it all the time and I'm sure that a lot of people do far worse stuff in their private lives besides crossdressing!

As far as the physical threats go, I'd love to see all these wannabe 'warriors' and 'Marines' try and mess with me for crossdressing. Anyone who threatens me is going to get ripped to pieces...if you threaten someone you better hope you can overpower me or outlast me because I won't care who you are or how many of you there are.
Yeah see, there are varying degrees of crossdressing. Like you, some only do it in the privacy of their own home and some do it in public and hope to be recognized as the opposite gender. I have a problem when you said, "People do it all the time and I'm sure that a lot of people do far worse stuff in their private lives besides crossdressing!" When you said, "worse" you make it sound as if there is something wrong with crossdressing. It's not bad at all. You aren't hurting anyone and you are not hurting anyone else. Even the crossdressers that go out in public are not hurting anyone. It really shouldn't be a big deal but people make it a big deal because they just have that hate in them.

Old 09-22-2013, 09:12 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,470,606 times
Quote:
Not quite. Crossdressing has nothing to do with gender identity. Male crossdressers know they are men. There are different reasons for men to crossdress. On the other hand, transsexuals have to do with gender identity. Crossdressers do not want to change their gender or sex. Transsexuals want to change their sex. Transsexuals don't have to change their gender because they are already the gender they desire, they just want to change the outside to coincide with the inside. And by the way, people get confused with the word transgender. Some people use the owrd transgender to mean transsexual. That is inaccurate. Transgender is an umbrella term used to include crossdressers, transsexuals and everything in between. People that want to have a sex change are transsexuals. Crossdressers only dress in the opposite sex temporarally. They have no desire to have a sex change operation and they are happy being what they are born as. People don't research enough to understand things.
Eh... cross dressing does have to do with "gender."

Cross dressing is not a sex change but cross dressing involves gender identification. Whether it's done a few minutes or few hours is irrelevant.

Old 09-23-2013, 04:32 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,384,866 times
Quote:
Did you just come in on a shuttle from the '50's?
Someone from the 50's would not regard dresses and skirts (in general) as "dumb". Men from that era expected women to wear them, and of course women from that era felt obliged to do so... almost constantly.

I stand by what I said. There's no even semi-logical explanation for a man to wear a dress or skirt outside the theater if he's not at least one who "feels like they are a woman" and would like to regarded as such.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies