Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 01:28 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TellingTheAbsoluteTruth View Post
a very good reason that many of us straight guys can't meet a decent woman anymore.

The same thing could be said about women, infact I know some beautiful young talented smart women, who say the exact thing about men.

A long time ago, someone I believe who was wise but I thought was nuts. Said to me there Is a fine line between one's sexuality and who they perceive to be, instead of being who they really are. I did not get it, stupid me. But as I matured, I under stood that statement to me.

I believe people will be better off just being who they are instead of trying to please others. Make things much more simple for one's life.

We can all guess there is a number of reasons why a straight women would turn to another women, and many different reasons why. I actually know hate to say this but more women who are bi-sexual then gay. Except for my best friend.

I am close with my best friend and she is gay, the only difference I see, is sometimes another women is more understanding, as far as sex, nah, love my husband, so much, and yes sex for us gets better with age.

But I will not fault any one, for having their own desires. I can see where a women would turn to another, if she has been terribly abused mentally physically, and sexually.

Old 09-13-2014, 01:42 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Most of us accept that some people just dance their way out of their mamma to the strains of Liza Minnelli, or k.d. lang...in other words, they were just 'born this way' in the words of that androgynous weirdo, Lady Gaga.

But what of the many women who say they were 'perfectly straight' until they got 'hurt' by a man or decided they were sick of men, or until they just fell in love with women?

Are they straight to begin with or in denial? Is a woman's sexuality THAT flexible that you can be 100% straight one day and then lesbian the next?

What about all the Anne Heches who flip-flop from men to women. Just bi, I assume? So are most women bi then, whether naturally or otherwise?

Most animals are bi, so it might make sense. I also think most men are bi too but it's been repressed out of us.

STILL...as a pretty much straight male I find it hard to imagine suddenly becoming fully gay, as some women claim. How traumatic an experience can it be? Are these women literally traumatized into the arms of women?

And what of the minority of lesbians who actively DO try to target straight women they are attracted to?

I guess it doesn't matter whether it's a decision or not anyway, to anyone who doesn't have a problem with homosexuality, but it seems the issue is more complex than it would seem.
This is just my opinion, of course, but I believe that any homosexual person is simply dysfunctional. There is no reason why someone would be attracted to his or her own sex unless there was some level of mental illness and social dysfunction. Of course people will deny this vehemently, but of the many gay/lesbian people I have known, they might be the nicest people in the world but they are, on some level, totally messed up. Of course, the majority of people in this country ARE TOTALLY MESSED UP, but it does not manifest the same results, e.g. being homosexual.

Again, just my opinion. The women I know who have "turned" usually cannot have a successful relationship with a man so they settle. It's their business of course. But it sure seems like the coward's way out.

20yrsinBranson

Old 09-13-2014, 03:03 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,767,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
This is just my opinion, of course, but I believe that any homosexual person is simply dysfunctional. There is no reason why someone would be attracted to his or her own sex unless there was some level of mental illness and social dysfunction.
Your opinion of course is factually incorrect and rejected by every major scientific/medical organization. The entire animal kingdom is full of bisexuals/homosexuals, and yes, it serves a purpose.

Old 09-13-2014, 03:05 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,790,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
This is just my opinion, of course, but I believe that any homosexual person is simply dysfunctional. There is no reason why someone would be attracted to his or her own sex unless there was some level of mental illness and social dysfunction. Of course people will deny this vehemently, but of the many gay/lesbian people I have known, they might be the nicest people in the world but they are, on some level, totally messed up. Of course, the majority of people in this country ARE TOTALLY MESSED UP, but it does not manifest the same results, e.g. being homosexual.

Again, just my opinion. The women I know who have "turned" usually cannot have a successful relationship with a man so they settle. It's their business of course. But it sure seems like the coward's way out.

20yrsinBranson
Well if two hot cowards invite you in for some fun and you refuse, then you are a coward as well. Unless you're married of course.

Old 09-13-2014, 07:20 PM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
I hope not a stroke. Yes, it makes a lot of sense. TRY.....I think you'll get it. I know you can.
Um, no, actually it doesn't make sense. You might want to try not posting when you're high. Or share with me, maybe it will make more sense if I am to.

With regard to the OP, women can't be "straight" and just "flip". We have been told for years that homosexuality is something you are born with. It's not a "choice".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies