Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 04:26 AM

49 posts, read 38,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Why are you trying to attribute 500K jobs cut at the state and local level to Obama if you knew they were at the state and local level?
Well, I'm certainly not trying to "brag" that it's a good thing that it's happened, but you have to give a person both the credit and the blame for something happening.

Obama most likely didn't want those cuts to happen on the state and local level, but GUESS WHAT? THEY DID.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 04:49 AM

410 posts, read 342,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
I'm not one to rummage through garbage looking for supposed "treasures"... but to each his own I guess.
You conveniently ignore facts when they are laid at your feet. I see that your style of "debate," if you can call it that, is to ignore facts and not argue with real numbers or real facts. Anyone who thinks that this President has done ANY good whatsoever is a tool for the Democrat party.

There's a book out that I know you keep close to heart, you use the tactics that it espouses to the letter. You're not fooling anyone with half a brain.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Little-Blu.../dp/B007WT31BM

Old 07-16-2012, 05:01 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,620,441 times
So for everyone who loves Obama...here is a question. Let's say he gets another four years. Do you think the economy will improve or is everyone okay with this country staying this way?

Please do not use the "Romney won't do any better."

Old 07-16-2012, 05:45 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,750,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
So for everyone who loves Obama...here is a question. Let's say he gets another four years. Do you think the economy will improve or is everyone okay with this country staying this way?

That's the question isn't it? What Obama supporters think is irrelevent, they would vote for him even if he ate live puppies on tv. It is what undecideds think, tht matters. I would be shocked if many undecideds walked ino the voting both and thought to themselves, things are going great, I want 4 more years of this.

Old 07-16-2012, 07:13 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,906,557 times
This talk about "facts" is hilarious given that the real fact is Obama has indeed seen 1 million more jobs created during his time in office than Bush did at the same point in his first term. Please return to talking about eating puppies and continuing to ignore reality.

Old 07-16-2012, 07:20 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,947,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post

The e onomy is going to continue to struggle for some time. I would choose the lesser of two evils and that is obama

Old 07-16-2012, 07:33 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,238,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Sorry If I want fantasy I'll read a Stephen King novel or his views on politics. LOL
Good case of Confirmation Bias.

Old 07-16-2012, 07:38 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
1 million more than Bush at the same time might not sound like a huge amount but I'll take +1 million employed Americans over the alternative, Republican policies just don't do as well and that's what our choices are. We have to pick one of the two and the Republican one produced 1 million fewer jobs. That's just the facts.
You should do yourself a favor and re-analyze exactly how those "facts" square up in relative terms. I'll let you figure out exactly what that means (ie. Think4Yourself).

Old 07-16-2012, 07:39 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
This talk about "facts" is hilarious given that the real fact is Obama has indeed seen 1 million more jobs created during his time in office than Bush did at the same point in his first term. Please return to talking about eating puppies and continuing to ignore reality.
You really don't get it do you?

Old 07-16-2012, 07:49 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,941,676 times
The bottom line is that - although not great - the economy is better in July 2012 than it was in November of 2008.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies