Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 06:09 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,278,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
The workers those great men of independence hired didn't do anything for the company at all, huh? They contributed nothing. :roll eyes:

That attitude toward those who actually work to make you wealthy is the breeding ground of unions.
How did you miss the whole point of what I wrote?

THEY WERE PAID WAGES AND WERE COMPENSATED. THEY DID NOT OFFER TO WORK FOR FREE DID THEY.
There are many who risked their capital and went broke as well.

These workers get paid wages and if they wanted or expected more out of life they can if they want also venture forth to assume the risk of their own wealth and well being starting some business. NOBODY is stopping them.
They get wages and have nothing to complain about. If they want or are worth more they should be able to sell themselves for higher wages in the market. If they can't get more they are not worth more. That is the logical way life works.

Old 07-15-2012, 06:15 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
The workers those great men of independence hired didn't do anything for the company at all, huh? They contributed nothing. :roll eyes:

That attitude toward those who actually work to make you wealthy is the breeding ground of unions.
You got a salary. Did you ask for a piece of the business instead ? No, no you didn't.
You got a salary and if you didn't like it you were free to go look for work elsewhere or open your own business.

Why should a business owe you any more than the contract you both entered into when they employed you ?

Old 07-15-2012, 06:17 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,210,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I understand what you're saying, but have you ever spent much time in a third world country? I have, and I can tell you this--you can do all the things you mentioned above and never make it there with a small business for a multitude of reasons. The police protection might not be adequate and you're consistently robbed blind, or the infrastructure isn't there to get your product to market or to your store in a reliable way, or you have to spend so much money paying off local officials in bribes that you don't have any kind of profit left over. We DO help each other to succeed in this country by creating and maintaining an infrastructure, developing an educated workforce, and keeping order. None of us can do that alone.
Who ??? paid for it?

Old 07-15-2012, 06:23 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
Who ??? paid for it?
Gee we all did via our taxes but now it seems that's not good enough.
Time to start sharing the profits as well if you have your own business.

Old 07-15-2012, 06:28 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Quote:
Unable to understand context, huh?

By the way, being elected President of the United States IS something so great. Only 43 other men have done that in 223 years.

What have YOU done?
Don't be ridiculous. Just because that lame weinie of a freak got elected with the help of unions and ACORN doesn't mean he's actually accomplished anything or deserved to be elected. It just proves the stupidity of America.

I have owned my own business, lock, stock, and barrel, 100% by myself, no help from anybody. Not a single penny in loans, nothing. Just me, myself, and I. I dare that freak of a fool to tell me to my face that I didn't earn my success.

Old 07-15-2012, 06:33 PM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Most ironic coming from the head of one of the most parasitic organizations in the history of the world, the u.s. government.
Government creates nothing.

Old 07-15-2012, 06:35 PM

827 posts, read 1,089,473 times
Democrats:

"You didn't win that marathon by yourself. Someone else made those shoes and paved that track."

"You didn't win the spelling bee by yourself. Someone had to read the words"

"You didn't paint that masterpiece by yourself. Someone else made the brush and paints for you."

Old 07-15-2012, 06:36 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,162,816 times
I was wondering why the OP only included an 8 second video link. Made me wonder if he had something to hide. So I decided to look up a longer clip and here it is. I agree with him.

"If you are successful someone along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped create this unbelievable American system that allowed you to drive"

Obama 7.13.2012: If you've got a business -- you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen. - YouTube

Old 07-15-2012, 06:38 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,521,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You got a salary. Did you ask for a piece of the business instead ? No, no you didn't.
You got a salary and if you didn't like it you were free to go look for work elsewhere or open your own business.

Why should a business owe you any more than the contract you both entered into when they employed you ?

If I have to explain it to you, you'll never get it.

Old 07-15-2012, 06:39 PM

827 posts, read 1,089,473 times
Yup. Now **** business owners and choke down more taxes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies