U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 05:07 PM

5,037 posts, read 4,360,953 times

Advertisements

PICKETVIDEO) Obama - 'If you

Yes Obama, there are a lot of people out there working hard and while some do succeed and others fail, there are also those who actually do work harder than others to get to where they are. But what would you know about that? You want everything to be "equal". And we all know while yes you are POTUS, just what the hell did you do that was so great in your life? What the hell were your accomplishments besides community organizing (aka telling others how they should run things, etc)? Youve done jack squat.

sorry for the italics, its locked for some reason

Old 07-15-2012, 05:12 PM

5,037 posts, read 4,360,953 times
This man just doesnt get it. What the hell does he know about business anyways? Hes never owned one, probably never worked in one except when he was a teenager. All the knows is "it just isnt fair. Nothings fair because this person has more than that person. Its just not right and there is no way some people work harder to get to where they are"

This is just a continuation of attacking Romney, because he is a businessman. Romney has had success, and has created jobs. Obama hasnt ever created sh**, yet here he is, talking down to business owners or other people who achieve and succeed. Screw him. Obama, you are one of the worst presidents we've ever had. You can take your utopian, marxist type bs somewhere else, you piece of garbage. Get the hell out of our white house and go back to community organizing. Better yet, go get a real job. Go try and start a business. Id love to see how that would turn out.

Old 07-15-2012, 05:19 PM

9,857 posts, read 7,029,582 times
That is the least American thing I've heard from this garbage mouth of a President.

People risked their capital, time, life and peace of mind to start a business. It is indeed all them and if other people helped make the business go they were compensated with something called wages.
Owners of businesses gave back creating jobs, paying salaries and having to deal with retarded regulations, laws and lawsuits found nowhere else in the world.

This President makes sad remarks on a daily basis.
Can't wait for him to lose the election.
I'd probably take most 5 year olds over Obama as President. By chance they would do better than this guy does IMO.
Sad!

Old 07-15-2012, 05:25 PM

263 posts, read 362,723 times
Where was everyone when I started my business? I could have used some help lol.

Old 07-15-2012, 05:26 PM

14,095 posts, read 23,690,969 times
Locally there are people who've started their own business. For example, some guys got together to purchase an old rundown vacant former gas station and started their own car wash (hand wash). They're doing very good business and have been open for more than 5 years now. Some started a mobile car wash to cater to professionals. They come to your work place to wash your car while you're at work. A co-worker has his own lawn care service. He's doing well enough that he's going to retire from work here so he can manage his lawn care business full time. These are all small business owners who stepped up to fill a need. They did this on their own. It would have been easier for them if government regulations could have gotten out of their way to make it easier to start their own business.

Old 07-15-2012, 05:29 PM

9,857 posts, read 7,029,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by small arms View Post
Where was everyone when I started my business? I could have used some help lol.
The only place I know where they are forced to work for nothing or near nothing is in China, which is why they compete so strongly with us.
Who after all can compete agaisnt near free labor?

Obama words show he knows nothing of the real world outside of big government.

Old 07-15-2012, 05:30 PM

86,093 posts, read 72,525,560 times
That sounds so anti-independence. This type of "the collective" talk along with "fair and equal" is going to kill any hopes for a recovery.

From another article:

President Obama: ‘If you
The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together.

Old 07-15-2012, 05:30 PM

1,642 posts, read 1,356,701 times
He's never actually held a real job. Forgive him.

Old 07-15-2012, 05:36 PM

32,470 posts, read 26,347,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
He's never actually held a real job. Forgive him.
no i wont. he has likely been told by many people, especially small business owners, just how stupid his policies are, and that they need to be reversed. obama is supposed to be some kind of intellectual who knows everything, and yet he doesnt understand even the basics when it comes to how business works, or how the economy works.

he keeps peeing on the american people and telling us it is just rain, but most of us know different.

Old 07-15-2012, 05:41 PM

31,385 posts, read 32,103,545 times
There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me -- because they want to give something back. They know they didnít -- look, if youíve been successful, you didnít get there on your own. You didnít get there on your own. Iím always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something -- there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there. (Applause.)

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help.

True or False?

There was a great teacher somewhere in your life.

True or False?

Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive.

True or False?

Somebody invested in roads and bridges.

True or False?

The Internet didnít get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

True or False?

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together.

True or False?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies