U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 11:59 PM

4,923 posts, read 3,379,745 times

Advertisements

Oh Noes!! (columnist - Washington Post, New York Post, San Francisco Examiner)

Quote:
Years from now, historians may regard the 2008 election of Barack Obama as an inscrutable and disturbing phenomenon, a baffling breed of mass hysteria akin perhaps to the witch craze of the Middle Ages. How, they will wonder, did a man so devoid of professional accomplishment beguile so many into thinking he could manage the world's largest economy, direct the world's most powerful military, execute the world's most consequential job?

Imagine a future historian examining Obama's pre-presidential life: ushered into and through the Ivy League despite unremarkable grades and test scores along the way; a cushy non-job as a "community organizer"; a brief career as a state legislator devoid of legislative achievement (and in fact nearly devoid of his attention, so often did he vote "present") ; and finally an unaccomplished single term in the United States Senate, the entirety of which was devoted to his presidential ambitions. He left no academic legacy in academia, authored no signature legislation as a legislator. And then there is the matter of his troubling associations: the white-hating, America-loathing preacher who for decades served as Obama's "spiritual mentor"; a real-life, actual terrorist who served as Obama's colleague and political sponsor. It is easy to imagine a future historian looking at it all and asking: how on Earth was such a man elected president?
The rest of the 'juicy' details are here: http://www.sodahead.com/united-state...615469/?page=5

The Washington Post actually printed this about Obama....
Geeze .. The Lib heads are gonna start exploding!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 12:06 AM

2,546 posts, read 1,557,821 times
Why are so many criticisms of Obama race based???? Can't you guys criticize him without making references to something racial???

Old 07-16-2012, 12:08 AM

16,266 posts, read 21,697,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
Why are so many criticisms of Obama race based???? Can't you guys criticize him without making references to something racial???

I agree that it's useless. However, majority of the criticisms are not race based, but the only rebuttal used is the race card.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I agree that it's useless. However, majority of the criticisms are not race based, but the only rebuttal used is the race card.
I didn't say majority of the criticism was race based, I asked why so much of it is, like the one listed in this thread. I think anyone who brings up racial issues then cries "race card" when confronted is a coward who can't defend their own stances.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:14 AM

16,266 posts, read 21,697,009 times
Quote:
I didn't say majority of the criticism was race based, I asked why so much of it is, like the one listed in this thread.

Anyone who criticizes based on race is ignorant. People who use the race card to avoid losing a debate are also ignorant.

In the end, race is just a manipulation tool used by the elites to control mindless pawns. There are so many minorities who truly believe they're being held down by the white man, because of what the elites are telling them.

There's white people out there who really believe that there are minorities out there who are less than whites.

It is ridiculous, and people can't see that racism is nothing more than a way for people to profit. The media uses it to profit, because if something is racial it turns a case that doesn't get a paragraph in the local news to a multi million dollar campaign. Wake up people, we're all the same. We should all be treated equally.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:20 AM

Quote:
I didn't say majority of the criticism was race based, I asked why so much of it is, like the one listed in this thread. I think anyone who brings up racial issues then cries "race card" when confronted is a coward who can't defend their own stances.
One .. I didn't write the article.

And two .. The WaPo is a lib paper and has always been a huge Obama @ $ $ kissing cheerleader!

The writer is a well known lib so-o-o .. We-l-l, Go tell the lib to stop the race baiting articles!

Old 07-16-2012, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Seems like you didn't read it either

Old 07-16-2012, 12:30 AM

1,294 posts, read 995,516 times
Sorry, the Washington Post did not publish this article. This particular meme has been spreading since last August, almost a year ago. The author is not a columnist for WAPO; he has one online blog posting linked to the site which complains about an uncomfortable D.C.-area commuting experience.

Yes, It Would Have Been Amazing If The Washington Post Had Printed It. | Smoking Politics

Old 07-16-2012, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Seems like you didn't read it either
Sure I did .. Four times!

I even picked out my favorite part:
Quote:
In short: our president is a small and small-minded man, with neither the temperament nor the intellect to handle his job. When you understand that, and only when you understand that, will the current erosion of liberty and prosperity make sense. It could not have gone otherwise with such a man in the Oval Office.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post

And two .. The WaPo is a lib paper and has always been a huge Obama @ $ $ kissing cheerleader!

The writer is a well known lib so-o-o .. We-l-l, Go tell the lib to stop the race baiting articles!
No he's not. This is from the writers own webpage, “One of America’s most interesting conservatives.” And it's not from the Washington Post. Do some research next time

http://mattpattersononline.com/welcome/Home.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies