Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 09:17 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,092,789 times

Advertisements

Even Faux News can see the writing on the wall. Romney has screwed the pooch several times over and keeps walking, nay RUNNING full speed into walls he himself has erected. And I love it.

Mitt Romney only has himself to blame for Team Obama's Bain trap | Fox News

Quote:
The Bain Trap – Mitt Romney only has himself to blame – but the Obama campaign has laid it and Romney is now walking straight into it.

Romney argued at the time that he wasn’t with the company when that happened. “Governor Romney left Bain to lead the Salt Lake City Olympics in February 1999,” the campaign argued.

Yet the campaign and Romney himself made this defense knowing full well that there were documents – signed by Romney himself – that stated he was the sole shareholder, Chairman, CEO and President of Bain Capital in 2000, 2001 and 2002.

But his current strategy of stonewalling doesn’t pass the smell test.

Romney now is either the first sole shareholder, chairman, CEO and president of a company in history to claim that he had nothing whatsoever to do with managing that company or he is responsible for the worst practices of Bain.

But by denying so forcefully during his five networks appearances on Friday that it was ridiculous and beneath the dignity of the presidency to raise the issue – and by not providing minutes of Bain Board of Directors meetings during the period in question to prove that he wasn’t involved in any decisions made during that time -- Romney has left open to belief exactly what the Obama campaign has been claiming: that Romney was indeed, as those filings suggest, the sole shareholder, CEO, chairman and president of the company through 2002, and is therefore responsible for the layoffs, lost jobs, raided pensions, bankruptcies and outsourcing of jobs overseas that he has denied he had any part in or responsibility for.

To make matters worse, during his 5 network interview blitz on Friday, Romney kept slipping in his defense that he left Bain in February of 1999 the new assertion that “there's nothing wrong with the fact that the firm went on and it was a successful enterprise.”

Actually, there’s quite a bit wrong -- at least politically -- with the fact that the firm went on with Romney as the sole shareholder, CEO, chairman and president until 2002.

And we haven't even got to his tax returns yet....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 09:32 AM

504 posts, read 456,934 times
Yeah backing the republican blindly on this one seems to be a even a bridge too far for Faux News........

Dont get me wrong its all corporate owned media but lol Faux can do better than this............

Old 07-16-2012, 09:41 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,771,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA-P View Post
Yeah backing the republican blindly on this one seems to be a even a bridge too far for Faux News........

Dont get me wrong its all corporate owned media but lol Faux can do better than this............
Murdoch does NOT like Romney and his team...at all. If things don't get better don't be surprised you see more critical attacks on Romney start to appear on that network.

But Romney is 100% to blame. I mean, not releasing your taxes (when everyone else in the world has) and continuing to refuse too when it could solve 80% of these questions does not solve your problem Mr. Romney. It only makes it worse and is why many big time conservatives are openly questioning is logic here. It is so logical to just release them that by not doing so it adds to the "does not pass the smell test" scenario that something is DEEPLY wrong in his taxes.

8,289 posts, read 13,562,354 times
Romney has a credibility problem and BAIN Capital is just the tip of the iceberg.
#1: Bain Capital
#2: He won't release anymore than 2 year's worth of tax returns
#3: His offshore bank accounts
Romney is going to have a serious trust issue with him regarding the points made above and it leads to mistrust among voters especially Independents.

5,787 posts, read 4,714,837 times
Too bad even the very Liberal Washington Post gave the Obama Team 3 pinnochios on that big fat lie!

The story has been debunked and even Ed Rendell says it was a huge mistake.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:44 AM

LOL.....how silly Liberals are!!!

You evidently hear only what you want to hear. Romney has stated that he will release MORE than what is being asked of him in tax returns once they are ready.

Personally, I'd not release ANY until Obama releases HIS college transcripts like every other Presidential candidate did.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:52 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,562,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post

You evidently hear only what you want to hear. Romney has stated that he will release MORE than what is being asked of him in tax returns once they are ready.

Personally, I'd not release ANY until Obama releases HIS college transcripts like every other Presidential candidate did.
Really? What is being asked of him is what his own father George Romney set into precedent in 1968 by releasing over a dozen years of his personal tax returns. Funny how he won't follow his own father's footsteps!

Old 07-16-2012, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Really? What is being asked of him is what his own father George Romney set into precedent in 1968 by releasing over a dozen years of his personal tax returns. Funny how he won't follow his own father's footsteps!
I guess you didn't READ that???

I DID say Liberals were silly in the way they only hear what they want to hear didn't I????

Quote:
Romney has stated that he will release MORE than what is being asked of him in tax returns once they are ready.
Why doesn't your Prince in Shining Armor release HIS college transcripts like all the other candidates have done?

Old 07-16-2012, 09:56 AM

504 posts, read 456,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post

Once they are read............OMG too funny........... Im just a working smuck and a quick trip to Kinkos would get you a copy of my last 12 returns in full, how do you want them paper copy or PDF's............

When they are ready Lol whoo thats a laffer thanks buddy.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:00 AM

Romney doesn't have to provide things the moment Obama's puppets ask you know....besides, any thinking person KNOWS that's just a distraction from Team Obama having to talk about his record.

PS: I noticed that you won't touch the reason that Obama doesn't release HIS records!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies