Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2012, 09:12 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
No not a good Idea to ignore a warning to stand off. Everyone in the region knows the crap Iran has been pulling and the US has already let it be known that we will defend our ships. Sort of like charging a check point with your car after there have been suicide bombings at check points. The stupidity of that boats crew is amazing. darwinism at work.
What "crap" has Iran been pulling, specifically? Something that merits a war? Did I miss something?

Peace,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2012, 09:14 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
The crap Iran is pulling?

Remembet the crap we pulled in Iran in 1953???
oh wait we are not allowed to talk past.
That said I have called this very fact out many times. I to disagree with what we did in 53. Just as I disagree with our blind eye approach to israel.
That said threatening to attack ships in international water and then making high speed runs on said ships is a good way to instigate a heavy handed response.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
After the USS Cole incident twelve years ago, the navy is very cautious about allowing small craft to approach their ships. This is an unfortunate incident, no doubt. But I have to wonder why the small boat didn't move away after being warned.
You mean to tell me that a high-tech warship can't figure out if a little yacht is dangerous?

Sounds to me like our high-tech isn't high enough, that we need to shoot first, ask questions later. (And of course, no one cares that someone was killed, either..)

Too many hot-headed people at the commands, I'd say.

Peace,
brian

Old 07-17-2012, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
What "crap" has Iran been pulling, specifically? Something that merits a war? Did I miss something?

Peace,
brian
The threats to sink US carriers the threats to attack our shipping, the threats to close the straights of Hormuz etc.
Have we gone to war with Iran?? Did I miss something?

Old 07-17-2012, 09:19 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,316,613 times
Quote:
I'm not saying that I don't expect countries to act in self-defense against pirates.

The issue here is context. This is no time to be attacking ships in the Persian Gulf, when you have the US president suggesting using military force against Iran. Bad move.

Just like I don't go hanging around someone's house swinging a bat and threatening to use it. Not a good way to make friends, imo.

Peace,
brian
yeah Iran is the one threatining to mine the Gulf in international waters and shipping lanes use by everyone and even sink supertankers with their Subs...

So I am pretty sure Italy would be effected by $200-$250 for a barrel of Oil so the cost of gas food and pretty much everything skyrockets and well can Italy afford food and gas prices double or even tripple what they are now and a massive economic slowdown where the world economy is already in amjor trouble so higher food and gas prices will not make things better for any Country.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
You mean to tell me that a high-tech warship can't figure out if a little yacht is dangerous?

Sounds to me like our high-tech isn't high enough, that we need to shoot first, ask questions later. (And of course, no one cares that someone was killed, either..)

Too many hot-headed people at the commands, I'd say.

Peace,
brian
I would say that the idiots should have kept back as they were told to do.
What technology exists that can detect a bomb in a boat at long range? Do we have long range mind readers?

Old 07-17-2012, 09:20 AM

Quote:
The threats to sink US carriers the threats to attack our shipping, the threats to close the straights of Hormuz etc.
Have we gone to war with Iran?? Did I miss something?
If Iran attacks the US, I would expect (unfortunately) that the US would retaliate.

As it stands, it is the US at the coasts of Iran. As such, it looks to me a bit like pulling a dog's tail.

Peace,
brian

Old 07-17-2012, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
yeah Iran is the one threatining to mine the Gulf in international waters and shipping lanes use by everyone and even sink supertankers with their Subs...

So I am pretty sure Italy would be effected by $200-$250 for a barrel of Oil so the cost of gas food and pretty much everything skyrockets and well can Italy afford food and gas prices double or even tripple what they are now and a massive economic slowdown where the world economy is already in amjor trouble so higher food and gas prices will not make things better for any Country.
The current worldwide economic crisis was created by none other than yours truly (US). And, it would appear that those who caused it were not only not punished, but even rewarded. But that's for a different thread..

Of course Italy would be affected. So if oil is so important, let's look at other ways to negotiate, rather than using warships.
I'm confident we can find an agreement, with the right help.

Peace,
brian

Old 07-17-2012, 09:25 AM

Quote:
I would say that the idiots should have kept back as they were told to do.
What technology exists that can detect a bomb in a boat at long range? Do we have long range mind readers?
Answer: Dialogue!

It actually works!!

Peace,
brian

Old 07-17-2012, 09:26 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You never fail to take stabs at the United States. The boat failed to respond to repeated warnings, and had to be stopped before it got close enough to detonate potential explosives (like they did with USS Cole, killing many). There is a very good reason for doing this.

Is that why they are sending a Aircraft carrier to control those pesky little boats?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies