U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 07-18-2012, 02:56 PM

6,370 posts, read 2,349,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
^^^
The Handmale's Tale.
One of my favorite novels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 07-18-2012, 02:58 PM

21,002 posts, read 10,812,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
women are not superior. they are just different. the women's movement taught that they were genetically superior."""""""

No, it didn't...lies don't change anything...

""" but then when they moved into middle management, heart attack became the #1 killer of women. when women moved into middle management, they began to go to strip clubs, sleep around at the office, and need AA, just like the rest of us. .""""

And started having careers and wages "just like the rest of us" HUMANS.

women are not superior, they are just different in method and approach. no different than the men they replaced.
Women are not superior but men sure thought (and some morons still think) that they are inferior...

Why is "inferior" OK, but feeling "superior" not??????????? Many men still erroneously feel superior....

Unread 07-18-2012, 03:00 PM

19,872 posts, read 7,424,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Women are not superior but men sure thought (and some morons still think) that they are inferior...

Why is "inferior" OK, but feeling "superior" not??????????? Many men still erroneously feel superior....
You missed the feminist in this thread stating that she is the superior species because she can make babies (which she of course cannot)

Unread 07-18-2012, 03:05 PM

12,809 posts, read 4,818,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
Anyone who thinks being superior to anyone clearly should really check their head. There are many things men can do better than women, as there are many things women can do better than men. Gee, some women are so bitter these days.
I know it. Please don't judge us all by the bitter ones!

I am currently enjoying the LUXURY of not working outside the home. Yes, I quit the corporate grind a few months ago. Know why? Because my husband asked me if I wanted to quit work and let him support our household, and I said yes!

Now - I worked in an industry that was dominated by women in middle management (banking). All those women, in their power suits, working 60 plus hours a week, scrappling for the next rung on the corporate ladder - want to know something? WITHOUT EXCEPTION, when I turned in my notice and gave my reasons why ("My husband made me an offer I couldn't refuse!") their jaws dropped and their immediate, gut response was, "You are SO LUCKY! Where can I get a man like that?"

Not only that - I got the same reaction (well, nearly the same, other than the man-getting part) from the MEN I worked with. Except there's went something like this, "I would love for my wife to be able to quit her job."

Now - these are good people - professionals and well educated. They're not wanting to hold women down, or make us take a step backwards. They just realize that life is less complicated when both partners aren't working themselves to death on the job and giving their families what's left over.

Now, I explore cooking (really gotten into healthy cooking), I keep a spotless house, my yard looks fabulous, I have more time to volunteer, I spend much more time with my grown kids and their kids, and both sets of elderly parents, and...my husband gets to enjoy good dinners, including his new favorite food - home baked bread - and foot massages, ironed shirts whenever he needs one, and lots of attention from a very satisfied and grateful wife! Oh, and foot massages.

After all, the man works hard to be able to give us the lifestyle we both enjoy.

Unread 07-18-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
For the American woman who thinks they are now suddenly more powerful and independent than men: realize that you can be offshored just as easily as IT staff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
I'm not arguing with you on that. I still don't see how that woman who claimed she's the superior species holds any merit. It was just a kneejerk feel good empowerment moment.

But once again, you still have to have a willing donor in any civilized society. Otherwise the woman will remain childless.
When survival is at stake, the first thing to go is civilized behavior. For the human race to survive, women are far more important then men. That does make them powerful, which does lead to independence.

Unread 07-18-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I know it. Please don't judge us all by the bitter ones!

I am currently enjoying the LUXURY of not working outside the home. Yes, I quit the corporate grind a few months ago. Know why? Because my husband asked me if I wanted to quit work and let him support our household, and I said yes!

Now - I worked in an industry that was dominated by women in middle management (banking). All those women, in their power suits, working 60 plus hours a week, scrappling for the next rung on the corporate ladder - want to know something? WITHOUT EXCEPTION, when I turned in my notice and gave my reasons why ("My husband made me an offer I couldn't refuse!") their jaws dropped and their immediate, gut response was, "You are SO LUCKY! Where can I get a man like that?"

Not only that - I got the same reaction (well, nearly the same, other than the man-getting part) from the MEN I worked with. Except there's went something like this, "I would love for my wife to be able to quit her job."

Now - these are good people - professionals and well educated. They're not wanting to hold women down, or make us take a step backwards. They just realize that life is less complicated when both partners aren't working themselves to death on the job and giving their families what's left over.

Now, I explore cooking (really gotten into healthy cooking), I keep a spotless house, my yard looks fabulous, I have more time to volunteer, I spend much more time with my grown kids and their kids, and both sets of elderly parents, and...my husband gets to enjoy good dinners, including his new favorite food - home baked bread - and foot massages, ironed shirts whenever he needs one, and lots of attention from a very satisfied and grateful wife! Oh, and foot massages.

After all, the man works hard to be able to give us the lifestyle we both enjoy.
Very happy that you are happy. Aren't we glad that we live in a time when you, as a woman, have a choice on how you live your life.

Unread 07-18-2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
When survival is at stake, the first thing to go is civilized behavior. For the human race to survive, women are far more important then men. That does make them powerful, which does lead to independence.
Oy vey...

Once again, a woman cannot get pregnant without a willing donor. If all the men hid where you couldn't find them and couldn't take their seed from them without permission, the men AND women would die, civilized society or not. The women would be powerless to procreate, no matter how many sperm banks or executive orders to hand over sperm existed. Besides, a man can also take a woman, lock her up, and force her to make babies for him. All you proved through this pointless discussion is that men and women are equal in terms of their ability to devolve into thieving/raping animals.

Unread 07-18-2012, 03:17 PM

3,823 posts, read 1,238,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
You've come a long way, baby.

Here's Alexis de Tocqueville on American women, from "Democracy in America" (1835-40):

"America is the one country where the most consistent care has been taken to trace clearly distinct spheres for the two sexes and where both are required to walk at an equal pace but along paths that are never the same. You do not see American women directing concerns outside the range of the family, or handling business dealings, or entering politics. Neither do you see any women forced to face the rough work of plowing fields, nor any of those heavy tasks which demand the exertion of physical strength. No family is so poor that it forms the exception to this rule."
LOL at the blue. Many women did heavy tasks that demanded physical strength (to quote one of my favorite authors: "women are de mule of the world.") and handled business dealings and of course us American women did enter politics, the first of which became a representative in 1916 from the state of Montana.

Unread 07-18-2012, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Very happy that you are happy. Aren't we glad that we live in a time when you, as a woman, have a choice on how you live your life.
The wife and husband both had to agree to this decision. She can't just quit and raise the baby without discussing it with hubby, unless she wants to risk divorce and be forced to return to work anyway. The choice is *theirs*, not her's alone.

Unread 07-18-2012, 03:18 PM

12,809 posts, read 4,818,151 times
Quote:
Absolutely. There were many things I enjoyed about working outside the home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies