Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 07:58 AM

142 posts, read 163,382 times

Advertisements

I saw Fox propaganda almost in unison telling us that "Romney is now hitting back and hitting his stride" Its more like they all got a memo to tell the public the same lie. LOL From my prospective its more like he broke his leg on the track and is flailing around in some kind of desperate measure to make it about anything but his business history, outsourcing of American jobs and trying to desperately hide his taxes. LOL

Old 07-19-2012, 08:02 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,601,131 times
I thought you don't watch Fox.

We all knew you do, though.

Rush has occasionally played audios and videos of the leftist media hitting the same talking points and using the exact same words and phrases. All of them. On the same day. Like monkeys chattering amongst themselves.

So what's unusual about employees within a single company using the same talking points?

Nothing.

So much for your breaking news.

Old 07-19-2012, 08:08 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,521,434 times
I find this very encouraging because anything presented by Faux Noise is partisan lying and sheer nonsense.

Old 07-19-2012, 08:36 AM

77,691 posts, read 59,823,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidigger View Post
I saw Fox propaganda almost in unison telling us that "Romney is now hitting back and hitting his stride" Its more like they all got a memo to tell the public the same lie. LOL From my prospective its more like he broke his leg on the track and is flailing around in some kind of desperate measure to make it about anything but his business history, outsourcing of American jobs and trying to desperately hide his taxes. LOL
On my drive to work today, NPR told me Obama and Romney are in a deadlock in 12 key battleground states and that Obama's lead over Romney is only 2%.

I'm not going to vote for either of them this year but I'm frankly shocked that Romney is quite frankly breathing down Obama's neck.

It seems that the economy is the biggest issue and that Romney's base seems more mobilized. There are a lot of young first time Obama 2008 voters that are still wondering why we are in afghanistan and working McJobs. They can't bring themselves to vote for either candidate this time around and are just sitting out.

Old 07-19-2012, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I find this very encouraging because anything presented by Faux Noise is partisan lying and sheer nonsense.
Generally yeah but even a broken clock is right twice a day....and NPR is essentially saying the same thing only without the propaganda laden embellishments. With some of the recent economic numbers souring, Romney might actually win this thing....which I thought was a near impossibility months ago.

The VP selection is going to be key for him and he is close enough that he doesn't have to go for a desperation hail mary selection like McCain did. Even a respectable selection is going to provide a boost when compared to Biden.

P.S. If I'm a strategist, at the very first VP debate I'd go right for Bidens throat and point out all the jobs he helped send over seas when he voted in favor of NAFTA.

Old 07-19-2012, 08:47 AM

1,440 posts, read 1,163,636 times
Fox Noise? That one is slightly better than "Faux News"; I would stick with that.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:00 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,453,792 times
Certainly he's "hitting back." And he should, or risk perishing amidst the scandal he finds himself in the middle of. All candidates have to respond to the "other sides" strategy. As for "hitting his stride," I hope this is his "stride." Because if it is he's doomed to failure and the President will more easily be re-elected.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:07 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,353,618 times
As long as Romney refuses to release more tax returns, hitting back is like trying to play white noise to drown out noise at a rock concert.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Certainly he's "hitting back." And he should, or risk perishing amidst the scandal he finds himself in the middle of. All candidates have to respond to the "other sides" strategy. As for "hitting his stride," I hope this is his "stride." Because if it is he's doomed to failure and the President will more easily be re-elected.
As it stands right now, the election is on a razors edge per NPR (you know, the right wing news ).

I know you are a straight-ticket dem so I think it's ironic that you are so sure this is in the bag that you are actually contributing to the malaise that is hurting Obama this time around.

LOL if I were a dem organizer your comments are the LAST thing I'd want to hear. Are you working for Romney now or what?

Old 07-19-2012, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
As long as Romney refuses to release more tax returns, hitting back is like trying to play white noise to drown out noise at a rock concert.
Politics 101 is attack-attack-attack. The minute you start defending you lose.

What I'm waiting for are the faux bombshells each side will "drop" in the week or two before the election about the other. Won't be time to investigate or find out the truth, just pure politics of smear and innuendo that go nowhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies